1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

IDEAS for 2007 DRAFT PICK...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Hotsauce, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's just Darko PTSD. :MusicBigGrin: Lots of us suffer from it.

2. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

That DPTSD can be a serious problem. People need to recognize the symptoms early and seek treatment.

Tiago looks OK. One of a handfull of bigmen where we are drafting who could play for us early and better yet, he would help keep us from looking like Atlanta north.

The question would be, could he play ahead of Nazr?

I found a funny Tiago video. Spends half the time showing him shooting free throws - even a slow mo replay of a free throw.

YouTube - Tiago Splitter /Player draft NBA 2007

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Would anyone want Nazr? I mean, like if Tiago falls past pick 20 or so, would someone flip flop choices with us if we added Nazr? So for example we send pick #27 and Nazr and get pick #22 or something and take Tiago. I'd take the risk there, but #15 for Tiago makes me nervous (DPTSD).

4. Tally

Nazr's contract is pure poison. Looking at it on HoopsHype spreadsheet...it looks like it goes on forever.

One possible out for Joe may be a sucker more desperate for a big after FA signing period.

Draft night would be tough. We would likely have to move down to get rid of Nazr..."here's our 27 and Nazr for your 39"

Ugh.

5. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

I would love to trade Nazr + 2nd round pick + #27 pick to move up a few spots. Anyone think a team would buy that??

Anyways, as far as the #15 pick goes I say if Acie Law or Crittenton are still available then take either one of them. And if Thaddeus Young or Al Thorton are available take one of them. So it basically comes down to who is still on the board when we pick. I would love to have one of these four players though

6. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

Marko Tomas for a second round steal?

DraftExpress Profile: Marko Tomas

althletic shooter.. considered one of the best shooters in the draft.. 6'8 with a nice vertical leap and quick running the floor.

7. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

lol and trade nazr+flip+second round pick for like the 30 pick in the first round :)

8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

What about a Nick Young or Al Thornton at 15 and petteri Koponen at 27?

9. Tally

At Yahoo Sports, one of their experts was asked who (of the unknown guys) we (fans) would be talking about down the road. The guy didn't hesitate when he mentioned Rodney Stucky. He also mentioned the draft promise that Joe has reportedly given.

10. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

It wouldn't be out of character for Joe to do something like this. We know he did it with Maxiell.

I wonder if Joe would have committed to taking him at the 15th spot or the 27th? Telling the kid he's got a first round contract locked up (27th pick) would be useful feedback for a youngster deciding whether to stay in the draft.

I doubt that Joe would commit the 15th pick, because some other significant talent could fall to us at that spot.

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Joe said that he wants a player who can come in right now and play, that can get his own shot. There are 2 players who are for the most part definites in that area, Stuckey and Nick Young. Stuckey is more ideal because he can play both guard positions, but Nick Young is very intiguing, and has a 7' wing span at 6'6".

12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Do you take Stuckey at #15 if Law, Thornton, or Crittenton are available?? Man it'd be hard for me to draft Stuckey ahead of any one of those three guys. But If he's available at #27, then it's a no brainer.

13. Tally

Looking back over the last 10 years the 15th has not been a great pick. But this year there is a good chance for a very good player to fall into our lap.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

True. But if you go back a few years and check 15-20 there were a lot of very good players drafted.

15. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey v Crittenton

I haven't seen either of them play, but would you really take Crittenton over Stuckey? Here are some of my thoughts, based on only what I've read.

1) Crittenton is not as tall as advertised. He's 6'3-1/2" per combine measurements. Stuckey is 6'3-3/4" with greater wingspan.

2) Crittenton has only played one year of college ball, and was not consistent in his performance. He may be a couple year project before he's ready to play regular minutes in the NBA.

3) Joe wants someone who is ready to play now.

4) Stuckey's played two years and has been consistent in what he does best - score. And he's dished out 5 assists per game.

5) Crittenton has presumably played against better competition in his one year, than Stuckey has in his two.

6) Stuckey could barely keep his team's record over 0.500.

Given the evidence, I still think Joe would take a pass on Crittenton at 15 in favor of someone that is more ready to contribute next year. Maybe that player is Stuckey. Hopefully, it's someone even better.