IDEAS for 2007 DRAFT PICK...

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Hotsauce, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

Lets say that the 2007 pick is ours (it is below 5)...

This class is loaded and deep with talent. There are so many kids coming out that have the potential to be really special. Who do you think would best fit the pistons??

A couple of the many names would be:

Shawne Williams, memphis
    Greg Oden(possibly coming out)
    Shannon Brown, msu
    josh mcroberts, duke
    kyle lowry, villanova

Throw out some ideas for the best route to go.

2. tpaPistonFan

tpaPistonFan First Round Draft Pick

Plus there is no gurantee that Morrison and Alridge are coming out this year. There is about 4 high school seniors that could have been taken in the 2006 lotto if not for the age rule. We should get a pretty good player. Not to mention 2008 has Mayo coming out..

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i like the spanish guy. Mario Super-Calderon or something. I think his alter ego is Sergio Rodriguez-Rodriguez.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Did he play in Europe? Pick a guy who played here & went to school here. No more Darko's.

No to Shannon Brown (No more MSU guys like Cleaves).

I don't know who to draft, but I have a pretty good idea who we do not want. lol.

Matter of fact, don't let Joe Dumars pick this guy. Get Jack McCloskey to help pick him. Yeah, Fennis Dembo sucked, but Zeke (no brainer), Dumars, Salley, Rodman...:nod:

5. Slippy

What's wrong with euros? Are you a Euro-hater? Darko's problem is that he's a project. He needed time in the oven and we ran him through the microwave.

6. Hotsauce

I dont know man, Shannon is already the best player on his team (in my opinion, he is the most consistent as well). He will have another year to develop, too.

He is a very solid player and would be something to seriously consider.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You just leave Roscoe out of this. :laugh:

Besides, if Darko went through the microwave he should be done by now. I think he was on a wood stove...or was that a bench? :D

Sigh. Ok, lol, I knew that was coming! Have it your way. I'm a Euro hater. :lie:I also hate MSU. :lie:

Europe: I just think we have a better way to measure kids who played here. I'd be reluctant to make a top pick out of a kid that we just "heard great things about". It's an inexact science, but I like our chances with a kid who played here better. Now, if he happens to be European...that's cool. Unless his name is Darko.

MSU: An emotional pick or fan pleaser. Never good unless the player is named Earvin.

:P

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I take no responsibility for the incubation of Darko Milicic. :P

I'm liking Saer Sene for our late first round pick.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/mouhamedsene.asp

Very coach-able and a hard working kid ...

An absolutely jaw dropping physical specimen with his combination of size, length, strength, athleticism and mobility ... Very disruptive defensively and rebounds the ball well ... Has a 7'8" wingspan making him a force as a shot blocker ...

Still doesn't have much offensive game to speak of ... Only began playing basketball in 2003 so he's still learning the game

I like it. Prototypical sleeper with raw athleticism that might even exceed Darko's.

He's playing in Belgium.

9. Hotsauce

Sounds like a good pick for our late one. Looks like a good specimen for the future. This draft gets deeper the more i look at it.

As for our first pick in 07, I wouldnt know who to look at because i wouldnt know what pick orlando will have. I'm guessing about 8-15.

10. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ok, this is actually my pick for the 2006 draft. I have watched this guy play quite a few times, and If he falls a couple of spots, we should be able to pick him up.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/taquandean.asp

He is a very good defender (classic Pistons) and can really shoot the lights out from 3. (New Look Flipper Pistons)

For the 2007 draft, I like Paul Davis and Kevin Pittsnoggle.

11. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

our 2006 pick neds to be Marco Killingsworth from Indiana. I played with him at CP but he was a Sophmore so he only got 8-10 minutes a game.

"A product of Central Park Christian Academy in Birmingham (Ala.), Killingsworth was one of the nation's most highly-recruited players in 2000-01 • a first team Parade All-American who was ranked as the third-best power forward in the country by Hoop Scoop (12th overall player), Border Wars and Athlon's, Killingsworth's 30 points, 13 rebounds and seven blocks per game and .670 field goal percentage led Central Park Christian Academy to a 31-1 record in 2001 • he was a first team all-state selection and ranked as the second-best player in the state behind eventual Denver Nuggets draft pick Ousmane Cisse • the son of Johnnie Mae Hooks was born Feb. 21, 1982 and is enrolled in University Division and working on continuing studies. "

12. Hotsauce

Im not sure if we have a 2006 first rounder do we? Dean is good, I am a louisville fan and like to watch him play.

Davis is coming out in 2006 also.

13. linwood

linwood All-Star

I think Dean is a high second rounder, so we have a shot. I thought Davis was coming out in 2007. Oh well. I think he will be a pretty good NBA center. He isn't the most skilled guy, but he has improved every year, and he really plays with a lot of heart.

14. Hotsauce

here is a mock draft for 2007:

http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007

I think that orlando will be in the 6-15 range. This may put us in the running for Shawne Williams. The more i read about him, the more i love his game. Just read his profile on the site above. Sounds great. Of course i would love Shannon Brown with our second first round pick, but it is likely that his stock will skyrocket after next season. So I was thinking maybe either Malik Hairston, or Curtis Stinson.

[​IMG]
    malik hairston

[​IMG]
    shawne Williams

15. Hotsauce

here's Shawne Willams getting into it with Gonzaga's Adam Morrison:
    showing he's Bad Boy material. This is after being shoved.

[​IMG]

16. Slippy

The talk is Morrison may stay in school. If he does, could he slip to 6th? Would we want him?

17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

another question is, at which position do we want to improve ourselves?
    What would we need?
    Imho, we have a need for
    - a backup PG (I don't think Delk is a solution for more than this season since he's inconsistend and gets injured easily)
    - another big (since our frontcourt doesn't get no younger and he wouldn't have to wait as long as Darko had to since 3 years have passed since then)
    - a versatile overall- backup (like Ben Gordon) who can play positions 1-3

I wouldn't want a Euro either. The competition is on a complete different level (physically) and you never know what you get in them. Players from abroad are always good sleepers (Memo, Parker, Ginobili), but a risk at high positions (as we all know)- except for Dirk.
    So I'd rather go for a US guy who's prepared better to compete at NBA level.

18. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I think we need to get a legit 6-11/7-0 big man with this pick. It's easy to find a swingman/PG in free agency, so I don't see the point in drafting one unless they're a sure thing. I personally don't care if they pick foreign, but just do an attitude check before picking them. I'd prefer the "athletic/aggressive" type to the "skills" big man though.

Right now may be a good time to take one of them, because the whole "Foreign craze" has died down a bit. They aren't being overrated to the extreme anymore after the Darko fallout. Saer Sene and Alexis Ajinca are both intruiging. Not to mention all of the Bigs coming out of College that year (Oden, Wright, Cedric Simmons, etc). It looks to be a good draft for bigs. Let's hope Aldridge waits another year. Even if we can't get him, it will only make the draft deeper.

IMO, it's a completely different situation now with the D-League available, so if it's a mid-1st I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a foreigner.

19. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

But does he have a splinter proof posterior?

20. Caliban

Caliban First Round Draft Pick

I heard Eva L. was the chef.