I Still Can't Believe The Pistons Gave Away Darko

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Subtle Savage

Subtle Savage Second Round Draft Pick

The Pistons couldn't have contributed with more than U$S 350.000, wich is what is allowed.

I think with 3 years in Europe he would have been ready for the NBA. Ideally not in Hemofarm, but in a team of a better league, like the Spanish or the Italian.

Its really impressive:

Spurs foreign Draft picks and draft position: Ginobili (#57), Parker (#28), Udrih (#28), Scola (#56), Mahinmi (#28) and Javtokas (#56).

Ginobili and Parker are great players.Udrih can be a good second pointguard. Scola is playing in Spain and is NBA ready, Mahinmi is very young and has a really good upside, he could be pretty good. Javtokas career slowed down after an accident he had.

They certainly have good scouting...
  2. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

These moves look good in hindsight and perhaps should have as foresight too -- Joe did say he expected Darko to sit for a bit. But even though they might have helped, I still question whether Darko has the right mentality to live up to his natural gifts.
  3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Especially if Orlando holds on to their #2 seed. Trading Darko and Arroyo for the #28th pick in the draft. Remember when we all thought Dumars couldn't do wrong? Hopefully Dumars will start pulling rabbits out of the hat again soon.