I envisioned something horrible tonight. Just horrible.

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, May 22, 2013.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

LeBron wins the championship this season. He wins it again next season. Wade is breaking down, Bosh has underwhelmed, Miami is strapped cap-wise.. he opts out. He returns to the Central Division, to Cleveland (where he still lives in the off-season). His reputation is restored; he is now loved and respected by the world as the home-town hero who came back to save his people. He joins this lineup.. and probably brings another max '14 FA with him (I'm guessing Melo, Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins)

C: N. Noel(19)
    PF: T. Thompson(22)
    SF: L. James(28)
    SG: D. Waiters(21)
    PG: K. Irving(21)

He wins, idk, five more NBA championships with Cleveland. Retires as the greatest player to ever set foot on a basketball court. The next decade of NBA basketball is as predictable as the rise of the Sun.

Horrible. Just horrible.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am not certain when the current contract with the Heat is up, but do believe he will come back and re sign with the Cavs eventually as he will see that they have the young nucleus to dominate with him on the team as the veteran leader. Dan Gilbert believes this too so your vision is not that far off...and yes it is horrible but these things happen...
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LeBron has a player option of $20.6 million for 2014-15 and $22.1 million for 2015-16. I can't see him walking away from that. Wade and Bosh have the same options.
  4. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

It all depends, doesn't it? I mean, if Wade ends up a shell of his former self because of his knee, and Miami's future is decimated by a lack of quality role-players and minimal talent development, Lebron could bolt. It's not like he needs the money, (and don't fool yourself into thinking that he's NOT going to get that money wherever he goes) and pairing him up with that young lineup would be ridiculous.

To be fair, there's no way that lineup would stay together for longer than a couple years and their rookie contracts start running out, but a lineup including Irving, Waiters, James, Noel, and Thompson would be an absurd lineup, and Laimbeer didn't even mention Varejao and Zeller. The Cavs have team options on all of those guys in 14/15, so James could basically dictate who he wants to play with.

I wouldn't call it a likely scenario at this point, but I guarantee you that James would consider it.
  5. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

The only way that the Cavs sign LeBron is if Dan Gilbert has sold the team. I don't think there is any way he'd give LBJ a penny.
  6. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That, my friend, is a freakin' nightmare
  7. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

Maybe LeBron buys the Cavs, signs himself to be the starting SF. Inserts himself as GM and head coach, and trainer, and he does a dunk contest for the half-time show.
    linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think so. Gilbert won't publicly pursue LeBron, but if he were to express interest, Gilbert would make it happen. It's too good of a story line to dismiss. There's too much revenue boost with his arrival. If Bron were to resign with Cavs, he would go back home to a hero's welcome, make no mistake. There isn't a single owner/GM/fanbase in the NBA that wouldn't welcome James with open arms at this point in time. Might be a different story when he's 36 years old.
  9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'd watch that.
  10. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

Please.
  11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Dan will eat crow off a plate made out of gold studded with diamonds and sign LeBron to augment his 6 #1 picks by the time that happens. Anyone who can bilk elderly folks out of their retirement only uses integrity when it will turn a profit.
    Walter, linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

It's just another opinion. It's no more ridiculous than creating 20 threads and discussing the same thing.
  13. max

max All-Star

They always had a hard time keeping players in Cleveland. Probably will lose any other decent young players that may develop as well.
  14. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Is that a joke?

Every single GM to every own a team in history would fall over themselves at a chance to sign the player who is likely to go down as one of the best players to ever play the game of basketball. If you think that Gilberts public show of disdain even slightly changes that, then this conversation is well and truly lost.

When you have Lebron on your team, you win. When you have Lebron on your team, you sign huge tv contracts and have lots of nationally televised games. All eyes are on you. Nobody who hasn't lost the entire right hand side of their brain turns down that chance.

I have been on this forum for a year now, and I still don't understand the hatred of Lebron. He didn't betray us. All he did was walk away from a losing situation in Cleveland, and a total tool of a boss. Did he stink it up on national TV. Yup. Did he do a stupid show in Miami? Yup. BUT HE TOOK A PAYCUT TO GET AWAY! That is how bad it was in Cleveland. He was never going to get anywhere. Save the loyalty spiel, teams trade away loyal players all the time and then, its just business. So unless we are going to cut the hypocrisy and make it a two way street, it's irrelevant.

Televising his decision was terrible. But the outcome was awesome. Millions of dollars for childrens charity. The guy builds schools in his hometown. He tries to make life better for other people. The show in Miami. How many people actually believe that was his idea?

I like watching Lebron win because this is history in the NBA. We are literally watching history unfold everyday. And it's not just the NBA. Australia just had its first female Prime Minister. I didn't vote for her and I don't like her policy, but I appreciate being around to see it. The US elected a black man as their President for consecutive terms for the first time ever. I'm sure many of you don't appreciate how he does business, but surely you can appreciate the fact that it happened. If Lebron wins 5 more championships, fine. I won't be angered or upset by it, in fact I am rooting for him to succeed. Just like I root for everyone else to succeed (except the Lakers, Yankees, Arsenal and Chelsea and respective fans :bigeyes:)

Sorry. /rant
    Mossberg and max like this.
  15. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

:6shoot: :fight2: :granade(2): :gun1: :lol: :nerner: :makmiday: :shootingsoldier: :starwars: :wedgie: :boink: :brick: :fencing:
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Gilbert softened on that stance I believe.
  17. BillLaimbeer

I hate LeBron.
    tnt1960 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  18. max

max All-Star

Miami will not have any problems attracting FA's once Wade is retired and off the books. Big market who already in their short history has had several playoff runs and 2 titles. It will be more like Miami signing away Clev's decent players rather than the opposite.

What we really should be afraid of is them taking a run at Drumond which would be about the time when they are in need of an influx of talent.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If James is still in his prime, and Gilbert sees that his team is one Lebron James away from not one, not two, not just three championships, he pays the King to comeback with open arms and a share/ownership option of the team if he gets them at least two rings. See Gilbert still wants the Cavs to be just like the team up north of the them with 2 or 3 rings.
  20. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I just don't see Noel dominating the game. Don't see Irving being able to carry a team through and entire playoffs series. He is VERY INJURY PRONE.

I like Waiters, I can see him being a good player.

In other words, Even if Lebron returns to that team, a ring is not assured there. He is more "safe" staying in Miami and hogging talents to south beach. Every year Miami sign important players for low money.