[HVC] At the Quarter Post: The Pistons Season so Far

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 14, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

At the Quarter Post: The Pistons Season so Far
    Written by the stat sprocket on Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Twenty games in the 2006/2007 edition of the Detroit Pistons are four games worse than last year at this time with a record of 13 up and 7 down. That’s good enough for the eighth best record in the league and second best, behind the upstart Magic, in the East. Eleven of the first twenty have been at home and the team has one of their two West Coast trips under their belts.

There have been some bad losses, most notably against the Bobcats and the Blazers, but also some quality wins against Houston, Miami, and Dallas. There have been a few close losses, Utah, New Orleans, and Portland, that could have gone either way.

Offensively there have been some big changes in how the team plays. A small ball lineup (if you can count the 6’ 9” Prince with his Manute Bol wingspan as small) has been introduced and has played well (#3 below). However, the most productive lineup has been the four remaining starters with Dale Davis. Davis brings the same kind of game as Ben Wallace (though certainly less of it) and it seems the team still feels most comfortable with that kind of center on the floor.

(Click here to continue reading and comment on this article)

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought I would bump this. dba did an excellent season quarter review comparing this year to last, and looking at the Pistons with and without Ben.

I know it got pimped at Need4Sheed (thanks Nat), so if you haven't read it, check it out. It's great stuff!

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The 4 extra losses hurt but the team is coming around. Tazr Dale is contributing at a high level for a 38 year old.