1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

How realistic is a Rondo trade? (Post J-Smith)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jul 7, 2013.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

This yahoo article (from today - Should the Boston Celtics Consider Trading Rajon Rondo to the Detroit Pistons? - Yahoo! Sports) makes a Monroe and Knight for Rondo trade sound very realistic (*no mention of us taking on additional contracts, or giving up additional draft picks either...I didn't know Rondo and J-Smith were HS teammates).

I'd make the deal in a heart-beat.

ACL Surgery isn't what it used to be. I'm guessing that Rondo'll be back at 100% by mid-season. He's the best play-making point guard I've ever seen next to Magic and CP3 in their primes. It'd be insane watching him run the court with two big oop machines in Drummond and J-Smith (who will also form, perhaps, the best defensive/rebounding front-court in the league). KCP hanging out on the perimeter knocking down threes. Perhaps we're able to sweeten the pot enough to land Rudy Gay too. Possibilities..

2. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I won't give up Monroe. I think a fair deal is BK7, Stickey and BoT for Rondo and Wallace. Knight is cheap and young, and the other 2 are expiring deals. This deal gives Boston a young talent AND great financial flexibility. Also if you're going to suck, this us the year to do it considering all the hype about the 2014 draft. If Ainge wants more than that......he can kick rocks. Especially when you consider that Rondo may miss half the season

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The injury! That may be why Ainge is hesitant! May as well keep Rondo this season, let him nurse his injury and see if you can't get a lottery pick and franchise player the way San Antonio got Duncan when Robinson was injured! Then you build around that player, Green and Rondo! Damn it Ainge ain't so dumb after all

brofmfa likes this.
  4. romvert

romvert Second Round Draft Pick

This is rediculous as the Celtics are planning on buiding around him. Also he is a firecracker of a temper, which would be a terrible thing for our young team.
    The mention of Sheed is totally misplaced as he is nothing but an idiot, not even realizing the Pistons are the team that made him a champion. The miracle year was 2004, when he just played ball without the antics and bitching. After that he was nothing but antics and bitching, destroying our chances of winning back to back titles. Don't even want to hear this fool's name...lol

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

brofmfa, linwood and Susie914 like this.
  6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Ainge seems to get 1st rounders for everything he trades, no matter age, contract size or health. He even got a 1st rounder for a malcontent coach on a $7.5/y contract... He's gonna skin Joe for everything valuable the Pistons have got for Rondo.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  7. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

You lost me right here.

coynejeremy, Susie914 and round like this.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You forget that Ainge has a soft spot for Jason Stuckey.

9. linwood

linwood All-Star

No way I'm giving up Jason Stuckey until I find out the condition of Brandon Rondo's ACL. That's just too much of a risk.

webz likes this.
  10. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Sometimes people grade husband in basketball player.

roscoe36 likes this.