How much would it cost to trade up and get Drummond?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jun 16, 2012.

1. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

Chad Ford seems to think that's who SAC-town is down to Drummond/Henson. Hence my trade idea.
  2. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

I'm talking more about a draft day trade. SAC selects Drummond. If Henson is there, we select him, and then send him - along with a future 1st rd. pick - to SAC for Drummond.
  3. blueadams

blueadams Team Captain

I guess you're right. But I'm talking about championship Sheed. Monroe isn't THAT much less athletic than him.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I'll be Sacramento. I want Monroe + Henson + a future protected 1st for Tyreke and Drummond.
  5. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Detroit can't let go of Monroe. He is just worth too much. If anything, that trade is going to be reversed

i.e. Monroe + Henson = 2013 First + Tyreke + Drummond.

There is no way that any competent GM trades proven, efficient 20/10 big man (and cheap!) for Captain Upside/athlete and the guy who can't decide whether he is a SF or a SG as well as giving away a first rounder the next year. That isn't handing out bad contracts, it's plain franchise suicide.

Sac town gets all the draft picks, and they still suck the hairy ones. They are looking to trade potential for talent if anything. I don't think they take Henson over Drummond, Henson simply isn't talented enough to gamble on that. But, if they look to trade for Henson, especially for a guy who is widely seen as an all star snub (reserves) and one of the most efficient players in the league, they are going to be paying through the nose for it.
  6. Slippy

Hey, you gotta start somewhere. As the virtual sacramento GM, I don't have to do anything but draft whomever I please at #5. I'm assuming I want to unload Tyreke for team balance. Detroit doesn't have a proven floor general so I'm gonna dangle the next Dwight Howard for proven talent in the best place it makes sense for us. I could use a SF but Prince is too expensive and we're not in a position to use his intangibles.

Make a counter offer that doesn't make Sac walk away and we'll get closer to figuring out if theres a compromise that could be made. There's other ways for Sac to get a later pick but Drummond won't last very long.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Tyreke Evans seems like he might be able to be one of "those" guys that people claim Joe had the magic for finding once upon a time.

He could be a hell of a player if he smoothed a few things out and got consistent. 3 years in a row out of the playoffs and it doesn't seem like there is anyone on their roster that they could realisticly (i.e. not Monroe/Knight) trade for him though.
  8. The Panda

Not trying to be aggressive. It just doesn't make sense. OK. Ill throw something your way as Dumar's not on a crack/lsd binge

You have offered
    Your #5 pick, a la Drummond
    Tyreke Evans

You must take one from each of the following options
    Cash considerations+#9/#9+2014 unprotected 2nd round/
    T Prince/Jonas Jerebko
    Austin Daye/Will Bynum

Let me explain.
    1st - There are no forwards on the table. This is because we have none at this point. BW looks to retire, Maxiell can opt out. I'm not going to offer Monroe on the off chance that we get Drummond, because if he goes before your pick, then there is nothing potential wise that we couldn't get at #9
    2nd - Tyreke is not a brilliant player, and is far from a floor general. He can play defense, but doesn't move well in transition. If you offer me Tyreke, I have to remove big minutes from my wings. And I have to give you back a wing in order that my team doesn't get further backcourt heavy. I'm going to offer you the decent value set (Prince/JJ), because they can both defend, and have offensive skills, particularly finishing at the rim for Prince (which has been a major issue for Sacramento giving minutes to Chuck Hayes)
    3rd - SAC has big time cap space, mainly owing to the swathe of youth on their team. If you are going to dangle carrots, then I want cap space in return.
    4th - Bynum is actually a half decent fit on your team. W/out Tyreke, you free up more rotation at the PG position. WB is good for 15 minutes a night. I wouldn't play him more than that. Daye gives you a spot up shooter project - which is so desperately needed. He can stretch defense with his long shot, and open lanes that currently do not exist.

If you want Moose, I want big time cap space and big time potential. I don't risk it all on Drummond :) And you don't get real big men for him either
  9. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Who's the proven efficient 20/10 big man in that trade?
    The Panda likes this.
  10. The Panda

They dont get one lol
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I wouldn't include a future 1st rounder just to move up 4 spots.
    The Pistons 1st round picks are still going to be VERY valuable for the next couple of seasons.
    Nemo likes this.
  12. Slippy

No worries on being aggressive mate. Its a fantasy league offer. We just need to keep compromising. I personally don't think we can swing anything without a 3rd team. My Sac sense tells me they don't really need Monroe but who else is there. This is a top 5 pick. Do you know how much losing goes into getting one of these?
    Also, assume this is draft day and Drummond is available right now and we're on the phone. Well, I'm using a cisco 2960 with side car and you're using your blackberry. Drummond is right there.

I need someone I can pair with Cousins. Someone athletic and can defend the rim and play above it. Wait a minute...
  13. max

max All-Star

If Sac picks Henson over Drummond then the GM should resign immediately and issue an apology to all Sac fans.

I have seen Henson go as hign as 18 in some mocks. I like Henson but it looks like we may not need the 9th pick to get him. Here is one from NBA from different analysts - you can see all the variation

Consensus Mock Draft: After Davis, not much is clear | NBA.com
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

15. Slippy

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

SMH........Why are folks high on Drummond? He's another Derrick Favors at best. If you've watched a dozen UConn games you'd know he isn't that good.
    The Panda and Nemo like this.
  17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I like seeing Drummond's name @ #9 on two of those guys' lists.

My plan would be:
    If someone rated much higher slips to #9; - pick him irregardless of what position he plays.
    If nobody slips - trade down to get two players for the price of one.

My hunch is that unless a stud falls to #9, The best Piston player to come out of the '12 draft will be a 2nd rounder.
    Joe can afford to be bold with two 2nd round selections. One of 'em will be good!
  18. max

max All-Star

Yea its crazy - and one with Zeller at #5.
  19. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

If several of the players keep getting ranked at ~5 in one mock and ~18 in another then I would certainly not give up any real value to trade up a couple of spots. Even if the mocks are far from perfect player rankings the disparities show that the difference in talent between the 5th spot and the late lotto is smaller than usual. I'd go all BallDon'tLie on the other GM:s and try to get two first rounders for the pick (and whatever else is needed). However, if the rankings are fairly stable and it's only one or two players fluctuating alot I'd consider trading for a higher pick.
  20. max

max All-Star