How long will CB be around?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Superstarov, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

With him thinking/saying he's the best all around PG in the league...

Contract year...

We know Davidson won't let Joe D break the cap...

We know Joe D won't overpay for him...

CB's not a kid anymore...

He's got an ego the size of an Escalade...

Ben blew out of town, without leaving the Pistons with a thank you card...

Is the writing on the wall?

Cap Fellas: Can we trade CB before season's end?

Will we?

How's the sign and trade work?

What's everyone think?

Mind you I am not saying he is or isn't worth keeping, but what do you think will happen and why.
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

CB may have had his MVP like year a year too early!! Anything less than that kind of production in 2006-2007 will hurt his FA status.

I know some will say he is still a Finals MVP, and one of the best PG in the league, however, he is not a youngster, and to be honest he doesn`t have the PG skills that most teams are looking for; a distributor and good decision maker.

I know he averaged about 9 APG, 5 of them were to Rip coming off screens. How many other teams will give CB the oppurtunity for assists like that. There may be a couple.

Unless the Pistons plan on developing Blalock or Joe D is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat, I say we keep him.

Good PG`s don`t grow on trees, unless you plant a tree yourself!!!!!!!
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

even if he has a lesser season this time around, there will still be plenty of crappy teams wanting to sign him up. it always happens.
  4. Dlev59

You are correct. However, if all the things we are saying about his ego are true, will he go to a crappy team?
  5. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

This "Chauncey has a huge ego" stuff is hilarious.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't think so. even though he does seem to have more of an ego than the rest of the team, he seems to take pride in being on a good team now. i just can't see him going to a team out of contention for the money. the lesser teams may well help jack up his asking price, but i don't think he will leave unless its for another genuine contender.
  7. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Team will throw a lot of money at CB next season, no doubt about it especially if he has MVP type numbers.

Will CB Leave for more money? Yes he would.

Would you guys like to see another starter leave and we get absolutely nothing in return via sign and trade i.e.? I wouldn't.

So the question is.......Not should, but when. If CB start talking about "wanting to be in detroit", "not looking to go elsewhere", "not being concerned about the money", "wants to retire as a Pistons" , the dilemna is, will Joe believe him because another Pistons favorite uttered the same words and you see what happened there.

I would hate to lose another good player and get nothing in return.
  8. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

I think CB will opt out and leave if he is still a Piston at seasons end. Do I want him to? No. There are other teams out there that will throw the money at him and I don't buy the bad teams not being of interest to CB. He would take the money and go to be the star on that team,the leader. Some of his comments are humble, but others are above confident in my opinion. This doesn't diminish anything he has done here or will continue to do here as long as he stays. Maybe the Ben thing has got me all screwed up.I'm over it,I knew it could happen but didn't think he would leave for that amount of money more that was offered. I thought the D had his heartstrings and it wasn't a crappy offer imo. But I've thought once CB's contract comes up he'll be gone. I think it will be harder to replace CB than Ben as far as position.
    I hope he stays but if he doesn't than getting some value in return is a must.
  9. Superstarov

"MVP means the best player on the best team..."

"There are other PG's who are better passers than I am, and better shooting PG's, and better defensive PG's, but I think I'm the best all around PG in the league..."

Not to mention, if anyone watched the NFL draft, I remember his cousin (LenDale White) wearing a t-shirt with Chauncey's picture on in, and a caption that read "Got Robbed." So his family is telling him he should have been MVP.

And since he didn't get MVP, I think he tried to prove a point in the playoffs. And he missed a lot of the shots he never should have taken in the first place.

That, to me, means he is going to want to get paid.
  10. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Hilarious.

"His cousin said he's the best ever. See? See? Damn that Chauncey is sure cocky."

How dare a top 5 in the MVP voting think he's good. How dare he. HOW DARE HE.
  11. FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH

FORTHELUVOFSMOOTH First Round Draft Pick

I can't stand all of this talk about him having an ego. C'mon. Do you really believe that? I could round up just as many qutoes of him being humble and respectful. If you went through the things he went through and now finally you're getting the respect that you deserved how would you be? Why does he have to be called egostical or cocky. When I met him he was neither. A very humble person.
  12. billupsboi

billupsboi Second Round Draft Pick

THANK YOU!
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

Out of all of last seasons starters, I picked Ben to be the least likely to leave of his own will. Ben left. Money talks (especially if you already have a ring). CB will be out the door next summer...and I see a Sheed trade not far behind.

Bring on the teal excavator...rebuild mode. I'm curious about JoeD's timeline for project completion...I'm sure he can see the writing on the wall.
  14. Superstarov

You seriously think he is awesome as he seems to think he is? You must be busy during the season doing his laundry then. Tell me, do you dry his jocks in the dryer, or do you have to hold them while they air dry?

Seriously, regardless of how I feel about Chauncey (which is what I stated at the start of the thread, that's not the point.

The point is: How long do you think he'll be around?

And I would be surprised if the Pistons let him walk without getting anything for him. Because I really doubt the team will pay out top dollar for him. And I personally don't think he's worth it. He choked in the playoffs like a Red Wings goaltender.

And I agree, DETTEAM, Sheed will be next. Or visa versa.

Neither Sheed or Chauncey seemed to show up much in the playoffs. I understand Sheed had the injury that extremely limited his abilities.

But I see Rip and Tayshaun being the new leaders of the team.

You want to see humble? Look at ANY quote from Tayshaun. You don't have to here and there it and pluck out the good stuff to say he's humble.

I think Chauncey and Sheed are both beginning to show deficiencies in their Pistons DNA.

Sheed seemed to take games off at a time during the season, and Chauncey's decision making was highly suspect.
  15. Superstarov

Seems like if he "went through the things he went through" and was finally getting respect, he would be more humble, because he knows what it's like not to get it.

And let's be honest, without LB and Joe D, Chauncey would still be bouncing from team to team trying to prove his worth.

He's as good as gone.
  16. detteam

detteam All-Star

Bad mouth LB all you want...but remember that he didn't quit...he was FIRED! by BillD...which has led the Pistons to where they are now:

1) Ben left because of Flip

2) CB will follow Ben's footsteps following the money trail

3) and we have a coach that is incapable of making an in-game change of tactics
  17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wrong. Ben said several times it had nothing to do with Flip. There were 12 million other reasons why Ben left. Try blaming something else on Flip, though.
  18. Dlev59

And fired was the appropriate action to take!!

Ben left for more reasons than Flip, several million more..........

The question is, will Ben want out of Chi-town because of Skiles? He is one stubborn SOB!!

No comment on #3................:mad:
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Don't believe everything you read or what was said. Ben not dissing Flip was his parting gift to his teammates and the fans that supported him over the years.

We all have our opinions...that's why we're here.
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ignore my Sparty bias in my saying that Ben & Skiles will get along great. Skiles has a stubborn regiment that will remind Ben of LB. Flip offered no regiment...just seat-of the-pants stuff...except for gametime, when nothing changed. Chicago was a very attractive proposition for Ben. Money or not...I don't blame Ben in the least for leaving.

CB will go for the bucks too...and Flipper will be history.