How long does JD last under the TG regime ?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by TheeTFD, Feb 11, 2011.

?

Who long does JD last ?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2011.
  1. gone before this season ends

8.6%
  2. at the end of 2011

20.0%
  3. til the end of 2012 assuming the planet is still here...

17.1%
  4. til the end of 2013

2.9%
  5. til the end of 2014

5.7%
  6. he's Golden

45.7%
  1. G-man

G-man Starter

i think he's golden if making money counts. it generally does.
    normally when an investor buys something they look to recoup their investment monies ASAP. but if you're sitting on monies in numbers that start with a big "B" theres plenty of time on the clock. leverage comes from having options and reducing those prior to being able to take full stock of what the market offers is logically less than prudent.

but - the sudden Rodman rafter gig is enough to make one wonder if old joe is clearing the decks before going ashore. his hanging around or not is likely a more two sided story than many detractors would like to admit.

in my opinion, if available, joe dumars would be a far more valuable and sought after commodity than say jerry sloan...
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah if Gores want gerrymander some odd debts in the sale year, JD would be a good soldier.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If the season were 12 games long and ran from mid-November to mid-December then CCG would have been the team MVP.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You mean the most expensive bench in the league. Rip: $12.65M, BG: $11M, CV: $7.5M, Max: $5M, Weezy: $3M = about $40M sitting on the bench! Gimme a break, Joe has Effed up royally as of late. Moving Billups, giving away Amir and Afflalo, extending Rip, hiring Curry then Kuester and signing Gordon and CV, when you add all this up, he's really failing quite miserably.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

For some perspective, I think Bosh + James + Wade earns something like $40M this season. :pound:
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Our staring lineup:
    T-Mac: $855K
    Stuckey: $2.77M
    Prince: $11.15 M
    Monroe: $2.8M
    Wallace: $2M

Total= $19.575 Million
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Right. We essentially have all interchangeable players. We're a team of 6th men. We have a bottom 5 starting lineup and a #1 bench, no matter how you arrange our players.

If you're going to pay somebody that much money in the FA market, either 1) they better be a starter, or 2) you better be a contender.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

hey TaS, what's up with Gores face? First the cat looks 1 eyed then 2 eyes but a loopsided head. !!??
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You have to tilt your head when you look at it for it to make sense.

Also, you should start tilting your head anyways, because apparently, it leads to unimaginable riches.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's hard to break a longtime habit of holding your head level. Another approach is to simply tilt all of your mirrors. You still get the same net effect of [STRIKE]arrogance[/STRIKE] confidence.
  11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I voted at the end of the season Joe gets the boot.

Rumor has it that Magic Johnson will have a significant role when Gores takes over. Read this, can't remember where. Supposedly the two are good friends.

Really don't want Magic making personnel decisions, would rather have Isiah if it comes down to it.

Love Joe, however, really don't understand how his personnel decision went south. I guess it started with signing scrubs as F/A's during the off-season.

Jarvis Hayes, Dixon and others when in fact there were some very attractive F/A's that could have been had with a little creative maneuvering. Somehow the defensive mindset that Joe had when he started out went to the crapper. Remember the summer when all of those nice second tear F/A's were available and we were on pins and needles because we knew Joe was going for one or two of them. Remember he broke our hearts by signing Ronald Dupree. I think that was the same year we kept Smush Parker on our roster.

It is almost like he lost focus and just started filling holes and went away from his original design. Remember the days of trading for Corliss Williamson, John Barry, i.e. those were great bench players that he used to build around his core.

Joe deviated along the way, now it is almost as though he is just stockpiling players and for what? I just get this eery feeling that he has all these spare parts with no plan. Maybe Joe has in fact let conditions spin out of control and has no idea whatsoever on how to fix this mess. Did he really have a direction when he signed Gordon and Villenueva? He acquired these two pieces without thinking how they would fit inot the larger picture. Did he just go after these two pieces just because they were available and they both were willing to play for him? Now he had him, what should (I) do with them now? Was he just trying to get "payback" from the BUlls for them stealing Ben Wallace?

Maybe Joe is trying to find an exit strategy.

In saying that, it may not be how long Gores will keep him, but rather, Gores may in fact be Joe's camelot by releasing/firing him thereby freeing him from this conglomerate of a mess that he probably can't/don't and/or know how to fix.

Whenever I observe Joe these days, during press conferences i.e. (far and few in-between) he doesn't present himself like the confident GM that he once was. His views on the direction of the team has become vague and sometime evasive. This is a clear indication that he is clueless which may or may not be directly attributed to his management abilities.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I think the little voice inside his head (Hammond) turned off a few years ago.
    Now the voice of hunger has taken over.
    I believe that we can no longer trust his instincts.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, Joe D has lost the "eye of the tiger" similar to Rocky when Micky died and Rocky got beat by Clubber Lang. He needs to hire Apollo Creed to retrain him.
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

This is the best assessment of the situation I have read. What's my prediction for the Pistons?

Pain!
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  15. max

max All-Star

I don't know about the Hammonds excuse anymore. Not like he is doing any better with Milwaukee. Maybe it was the dynamic between the two of them or something.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This is like Lennon McCartney.

Now Hammond is the lead singer for Wings and Dumars is doing naked protests with Yoko Ono.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah let's not forget the death of Mr.D.
    Hammond surely was another cut.
    It reminds me of the Wayne Fontes regime with the Lions. One by one he lost his Ocoor [Moore, was with Indy before Peyton arrived] his Dcoor [Pecatello] his Oline coach and the replacements just couldn't match the original.
    The Lions suffered.
    That's why you hear about "Michigan Men" guys who'll stay.
  18. max

max All-Star

There you go. And Karen Davidson broke up the duo.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I thought that term referred to guys who would call hand offs up the middle on every first down.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That is no longer a subtext. Times change. Especially when a Tom Brady falls in your lap.