How about this trade idea?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blackhawk, Apr 27, 2009.

1. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Pistons send to Toronto:

Rodney Stuckey
    Tayshaun Prince
    Amir Johnson

Pistons Receive from Toronto:

Chris Bosh

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Sign Carlos Boozer in the summer. Bosh and Boozer should handle our problematic front-court for the future. Sign Artest if we have enough money.

Three moves leaves us with a starting unit consisting of

PG: Will Bynum (TO), Prospective Draft Pick or FA
    SG: Rip Hamilton, Aaron Afflalo
    SF: Ron Artest, Walter Shape, Draft Pick
    PF: Carlos Boozer, JMax, Antonio McDyess
    C: Chris Bosh, Kwame Brown (PO)
  2. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Sign bosh if he renew after, but if pistons have this option detroit must search a center not two great PF, Boozer + Bosh is a lot of money in salary,and only could make really well one position,is better one big center with same money.
    Joe Dumards this team need one center who makes baddays lebron.

I would keep Stuckey,he must mature but is our future if we donĀ“t have next year one top 3 pick and there are one elite PG available.
    Young poeple is the future of this team,stuckey is 22,not trade future and cheap players.
  3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

^ What he said :?)
  4. lk#1

lk#1 First Round Draft Pick

If you change players around Stuckey, mainly frontcourt (give him someone who can play down low and does it) and Rodney will look 50% better. Pistons' offense against Cavs was as easy to defend as possible. Sheed was standing and doing nothing, Prince was terrible. Rip and Stuckey were the only players from starting five Cavs needed to defend because jumper by McDyess is what other teams are waiting for. He may make them but that's a pretty bad situation when it's your third option offensively. Rodney was missing shots but to me he looked good. He tried to do something out of nothing. Bynum had easier job all season long. He played with Afflalo, Maxiell and Kwame who bring energy and give him more room to create. I love him as a backup but Stuckey has much more potential. Stuckey is adding new moves - for example spin move. His offense is getting better and he's got long summer to work. His size, strength give him edge against other pgs. His defense is a work in progress but give him some time. Expectations were too high. After all he played a good season. Atmosphere in the club was terrible and it was his first (not whole) season as a starting point guard.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

No need to send Stuckey along in that trade. Salaries work out for a Prince+AJ <-> Bosh trade.

However, I agree that if you trade for Bosh, then no need to go after Boozer. You need a tough C that'll do the dirty work inside. Kwame can do it to a certain extent, just sign another guy that can do similar damage. It's not rocket science. Boston's using the same recipe, KG shooting mid-range jumpers and Perkins cleaning up the garbage.

If you do that trade, you spend the money getting a quality SF. As much as I hate to admit it, Artest's skills fit the bill. Depending on who you get for the middle, you may go for a better shooting 3 that is a less risky step may make sense.
  6. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

The only way that I want Giant Turd as our starting Center is if we can somehow surgically fuse Walter Hermann's hands on the end of KB's arms.
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Searching for the &quot;D&quot; in Detroit
    I'm not doing that trade simply because I do not want to give up on Stuckey. And Bosh is a second option type of player... he is not someone you build around either.

I don't think Toronto is trading him anyway. They've been negotiating a contract extension, I believe.
  8. BallDon'tLie

Young, All-Star power forwards are hard to come by.

Young combo-guards with "upside" are pretty easy to find.
  9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Searching for the &quot;D&quot; in Detroit
    Honestly, Bosh isn't a much different player than Boozer. Statistically, they are nearly identical in most categories. Boozer shoots a higher % because he is more of a post player... Bosh is a jump shooter.

Yet, a lot of people here are against signing Boozer... but want Bosh? Bosh is 3 years younger, so he has that going for him. But I still don't see him being the centerpiece of a championship caliber team.

Player Comparison Finder - Basketball-Reference.com
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

11. BallDon'tLie

I like Bosh's attitude a whole heck of a lot more. Bosh says and does the right things.

Boozer is a classic bridge-burner.
  12. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure Bosh has stated he has no intention of signing an extension with Toronto. And the extension thing is just Toronto's upper management doing a little CYA. This way when he leaves they can say we tried but he wouldn't sign.