Away Houston Rockets Saturday Nov 10 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

at Houston Rockets

Saturday Nov 10 2012 - 8:00 PM EST

Toyota Center, Houston, TX

TV: FS Detroit Plus

RADIO: 97.1FM

GO PISTONS!
  2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

"There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from." - Austin Daye, via Twitter.

Tonight the Pistons wrap up their sinister six game trip to start the season. Can they get the elusive first "W" and a little revenge against the Houston Rockets?

Piston Nation, the time is now. If we just continue to believe in our team and city, this game will be ours.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I will be at the Toyota Center tonight. This must be what NBA players used to feel like before private team planes! Fun trip though.

This time I will be disappointed if we don't win. Let's go Pistons!
    linwood, coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Go webz!
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Rockets are salivating to get the Pistons at home.
    Rockets by 8
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's always one quarter that does the Pistons in.....and unless they turn it around in a hurry, it will be this second quarter again...still early though...only down by 11:crossed:
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

The Pistons guards need to stay at home on defense on the perimeter. The guards keep collapsing, and with gm and dre in there they need to stay at home to keep the perimeter honest
  8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

The starters are absolutely stagnant. Tonight is the night to see some english, singler Monroe and dre with bk or bynum
  9. LA Dre

Defense shut the Rockets down the last 2 and half minutes s of the half on a 9-0 run that trimmed the lead down from 47-32 to 47-41. It was the starters less Stuckey, plus Singler, leading the comeback.
  10. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well that was depressing... Terrible offence. Just one dribble hand-off after another. Screens that resulted in nothing.

Daye and CV got minutes. Daye came ready to play. CV didn't. Put CV back in the sauna. I think either Daye or English need more minutes. We have nobody on the perimeter to knock down shots. Teams are collapsing down on defence and we aren't making them pay because we have no shooters on the floor. Knight needs to look for his shot more - unless of course that shot is a drive to the basket.

The last game of the road trip. One to forget.
    jzchen likes this.
  11. LA Dre

The Piston seem to have figured out the Rockets at the end of the second qtr and the beginning of the third with an 11-0 run. in fact they got with in four 60-56, before the roof fail in... And the Rockets red glare went on a 20-1 run from about the 5:30 mark of the 3rd qtr to 6:03 mark of the 4th when Brandon Knight finally broke through to end the Pistons drought. However despite the Pistons valiant effort in the last 3 minutes of the game to save face, the Pistons still remain winless...along with the Wizards.

The way the pistons played during that 10 minute stretch between the end of the third and the middle of the 4th, that would resulted in a coaches firing if the Pistons had Buss and Mitch Cupcake running the show. :bow1:

How many times did we see Lin feeding Omer Asik who seem to be right by the hoop for easy layups and dunks.

Austin Daye made his season debut and had the highest +/- rating with 9.....he made two shots in 5 mins scoring 5 points...

Mr. Charlie hit a three too, but only after lofting up 5 shots and missing two freebies.

Middleton, made a nice baseline layup driving from the corner.

Drummond and Monroe were out there together in the second qtr, but this paring did not yield that much.

Did the Pistons make the schedulers upset or something, you can't doom a bad team by sending them on a six game west coat trip to open the season:bs:
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A little effort toward winning the game by the coach. But very little. A few moments of actually having a shooting guard in the game along with Knight and the other starters. Other than that though, coach showed no signs that winning has any priority. Another game with out one second of Monroe and Drummond in at the same time, so another game where we allowed a layup line to go on most of the game. And Bynum played in the game, a clear sign that the coach could care less about ever winning a game. Did I mention he started JMAX, who is way too short to be an NBA starter? Or that JJ is only a PF in the imagination of Frank? Sure I mentioned it before, but since I am writing up this game, got to mention it again.

Got to see Middleton for a moment. Not much to say except he did come up with some steals. Daye hit a couple of shots. Sure, our "scrubs" went on a 13 -0 run in GT, but against the other team's scrubs. CV played and hit a 3 after missing a couple.

Our offense, with our starters, was pretty much settling on long jumpers by JMAX and Monroe. Yes, that bad. Each made one long jumper in this game. Lets not talk about all the misses though.

Any guesses about what I think about a coach whose team simply can't score - but rather than try to fix anything, he just leaves Bynum out there until the game is way lost, and then just concedes into garbage time. What do I think about a coach who gives no effort at all? Fire him. Got to go. Thats my opinion after tonight.

Yes, Monroe and Drummond did play 4 minutes in this one at the same time. However, that stint started out with Bynum in the backcourt, so we did not really have a team out there at that point, so I ain't counting it. (Knight did come in, and for the next two minutes, Drummond and Monroe were plus one - not much of a sample.)
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Changes must be made. The lineups being trotted out there are all imbalanced and that Bynum/Stuckey/Singler/JJ/Drummond lineup can't shoot worth a BoT.

That the starting lineup needs to be changed goes without saying.
  14. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Besides all the problems, this team has so few guys who can consistently knock down shots. The NBA is a shot-making league.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons fought in this one.

They kept subbing Drummond for Monroe so they could leave Max out there for a long run like he's a superstar. Did Frank feel the Rockets were too small for Drummond and Monroe? For the life of me I can't figure out why they're so reluctant to play them a lot.

Drummond leads all rookies in total rebounds. Monroe is 3rd in the L in paint points.

Chuckles is so far out of the rotation that it doesn't even bother me when he plays.

Jerebko has improved/recovered from his injury.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Problem with our offense is that nobody can make wide open jump shots beyond 12 foot from the basket. That is why opponents collapse on GM in the paint daring others to shoot from outside 12 feet. If JJ can make 40% of his 3's, then we are ok. Wonder why JJ is always on top of the key instead of Singler? I rather have Singler taking those 3s instead of JJ. And why isn't JJ getting those looks at the FT line like Max does? Rather have JJ takin those shots instead of Max. Coaches need to run the same play for JJ when Max is out. Knight need to take those wide open shots instead of faking them and ends up running another play when the shot clock is down to 8 seconds. Passing the shot up and giving it to Tay who then proceed to force up an off the dribble shot is like taking a turnover because Tay will only make 5% of those shots.

I think I have given up hope on Stuckey. Every shot he takes is forced. We were down 4 points in that 3rd quarter when we made that run and when Stuck try to force a shot. From then on, the Rockets made that 20-1 run. When Maggette is ready, I want him to start instead of Stuckey.

Our pick and roll offense sucks and that brings me to this question, 'how can we improve our pick and roll defense when the pick and roll offense sucks?' I mean, how do you practice pick and roll defense when we do not have a good sample of a pick roll offense to counter in practice? [​IMG]

And the worst part of our offense is nobody in the team can make off the dribble shots.
  17. del

del Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am REALLY sick of watching our team at the moment. I was excited about the potential and seeing the rookies play even if they were losing, but now we are losing BADLY with our supposedly best team starting, so where is the harm in playing our bloody rookies!!

The one lineup that worked so well last game, we didn't see a SINGLE MINUTE of this game - Drummond, Monroe, Singler, English, Knight.

What the hell has Kravtsov done that we can't see him on the floor even in garbage time? Instead BoT is dragged out of the sauna. Kravtsov could at least provide some interior D while putting up 1 for 5. Edit: just realised he wasn't even dressed. FFS.

I HATE that when BK is not playing well, Bynum is the only back up point. Surely there has to be some way we can get another PG on this team.

I am seriously considering not watching any more games until Frank stops putting Max out for serious minutes and running plays for him, putting JJ at PF and not playing Drummond and Monroe together.
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond made a nice move in the game when he caught the ball around the FT line and drove towards before getting fouled. He looked really natural doing it. It was sometime in the early 2nd Q, I think.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Since the starting lineups were announced and marched onto the floor Ive been screaming for the changes. I have been hoping for reduced max minutes and incresed Monroe and Drummond courttime. I cannot phathom a reason the coaching staff wouldnt want to actually attempt to win some of these games. Our starting lineup isnt any good and has ZERO chemistry. low defense, limited offense and confidence appears shot. The only solice at this point is that Im fairly certain Frank is on the end of his noose and if he continues to be so narrow minded and reluctant to change, he will be gone. Joe D has the track record of dropping coaches and I can see this working out in my favour this time since I REALLY hate lawrence and his idiot ways. Hopefully our next coach has more than a rice crispy treat between his ears and actually puts our best players on the floor together.
  20. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

But, they have character.