Away Houston Rockets Saturday, March 01, 2014

Discussion in 'March 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Houston Rockets

Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 8:00 PM Eastern

Toyota Center, Houston, TX

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

How is it the Pistons have just had 2 days off despite already having 2 5 day breaks not counting the All Star break this season? They don't play a back to back until March 12th and haven't played one since February 22nd! Did their season start 3 weeks prior to everyone else's?

Feel the excitement baby!

I'm going to post my game summary now.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wow...we get to play an excellent team in their house.
    Good news for those sitting next to Sheed on the tank.
    Bad news for those interested in an 8th seed.
    Will Dwight Howard take Drummond to school?
    Will Drummond make a good showing tonight?
    Can the Pistons hang with these guys?......or
    Has the tank started rolling?

Rockets 128 - Pistons 102

4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What an embarrassing start. Holy hell.

5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

These guys have no pride whatsoever. They've quit on this season that's evident. I've had enough of watching Monroe trailing his man down the floor. The tank is primed, let's blow this thing up!

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Giving up 69 points in the first half?? yep they have given up....

7. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The team is looking for every way to lose, this time in Q1.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Although the Pistons got as close as 7 with 94 seconds left....no one believed after the first quarter tank job that they would actually win the game. But you have to pretend to put up an effort even in the unofficial tank mode.

Third time this season and second time this week that the Pistons have scored 110 points and still lost the game. Defense no where to be found in the first half and even when the Pistons tried to fight back in the second half, Patrick Beverly knocks down 5 of 9 from beyond the arc, including 2 in the last 4.5 minutes to "dagger and thwart" any chance of a Piston late game upset. The fact that he was open to shoot nine threes was bad enough. The Rockets were 11-33 from beyond the arc......we made our usual 4.....

Monroe was turrible in the first half at one point going 1-9. Josh had a free rain to just shoot at will and he did going 8/24......in contrast Dre was 8/11....

Rodney finally had a decent night shooting, going 10-17 for 23 points

The Pistons took 100 shots!!!.....made 45 of them, got 20 offensive boards.

The Pistons had no answer for Terrance Jones, Beverly or Omri Casspi

The Pistons won the second half 64-49, but the first quarter defensiveless effort was their nemesis and the game was probably lost then.....
    ......let the Tanking begin

Lee356 likes this.
  9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Need no hype expect to our young big men, they were outexperienced, how many years it took to get Amir to refrain his PF ? with Howard still looked like a bull in china shop.
    6'1 Beverly is starting for a winning team. I love to watch this small guy play because he looks like a young WB.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  10. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

At this point in the season, I just want the Pistons lose themselves into at least the 7th spot, and to be able to take something positive out of each game. Tonight, it appeared to be Drummond. After Howard abused him in Detroit, here is the stat line:

Drummond: 16 points on 8 of 11 shooting (0-1 FTs), 17 boards (4 offensive), 0 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 0 turnovers, and 5 fouls in 32 minutes.
    Howard: 17 points on 5 of 7 shooting (7-9 FTs), 8 boards (4 offensive), 4 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 4 turnovers, 4 fouls in 35 minutes.

Seems to me Drummond outplayed Howard, and that's at least something.

The Panda, LA Dre, Lee356 and 3 others like this.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drummond has heart. You could build a franchise around this guy. You could tell in the post-game interview that this guy really, really cares. Not a lot of other guys on this squad you can say that about.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

How much do the Pistons value D? They start Singler on Harden, which is a total joke. After not playing in the first half due to foul trouble, we see Singler continually losing Harden, who passes to the resulting open man. My theory, Houston got bored with us shortly after the first quarter. I mean, how can anybody really take the Pistons seriously with guys like Singler on their team and Bynum to boot.

Houston toyed with about a 24 point lead much of the first half. Again, mostly boredome kept us in it at all.

JJ looked pretty darn good at small forward, able to contend inside well as part of our front line.

Foul trouble. No problem, go back to yesterday's news, CV. CV did not do that poorly. He tried to play around the hoop. But hey, we could really use another defensive player. Why not try Mitchell. This coaching staff can not seem to understand that giving up 120 points kind of sorta means your defense has problems.

Drums was on fire on the boards after a somewhat slow start in the opening moments of the game.

Jennings looks invisible at times, but if you notice, the ball is getting inside, and Jennings is doing his job, of getting the balls to guys named Smith and Monroe.

Stuckey had a pretty decent game. But Pope should have started, or at least come in when Singler went out immediately with foul trouble. How much do the Pistons value D? Pope came in, immediately got a steal and a dunk. And came right back out. For Bynum. Completely absurd.

Its not our team. Its the coaching staff. Absolutely no plan to win this one. Shameful.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Odds of us snatching a win on the road against the 4th best western conference team was slim to none. Would have taken a really hot shooting night. Smith's 9 misses in the first quarter alone was a good sign that it wasn't going to be that night for us.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LOL.

15. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I agree that putting Singler on Harden is a mistake. And I am sure that Harden made Singler look like a fool.

Having said that, are there many players in the NBA who can truly put the brakes on a guy like Harden? I mean, if he played on him most of the game, Harden shot less than fifty %, particularly bad from 3 (where he would usually burn us badly) and only shot 8 free throws as opposed to his usual 50+. A lot of assists (unusually high) but it's not like he had a career night against Singler. Is this really a big part of why we lost?

NB. This is a genuine question. I didn't watch the game, but just figure that Moose having a strangely off night and Jennings chucking like Jennings would probably have killed us as well.

16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

69 points against and no offense is what happens when Singler only plays 3 minutes in a half.

linwood and basketbills like this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I notice that the plus minus was deemed irrelevant in this one for some reason. Not sure what sort of extenuating circumstances must have been taken into account.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Singler was minus 5 at the point everyone counted us out, if that is what you are interested in.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pretty much anyone we put on Harden, other than Singler, did fine guarding the guy. Remember, Harden was not guarded by Singler much in the first half, as Singler only played 3 minutes in the first half, only two of which was guarding Harden.

20. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Singler only played 3 minutes in the first half....and we were down by like 21 points. So this blowout didn't have much to to with Kyle Singler.

The only thing that really makes these games worth watching for me is Andre Drummond. Houston is as good as any team we have played this season. I give the Pistons credit for fighting back in the second half.