1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Houston Rockets - Friday, March 6, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 2, 2015.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Best part of the game...the only interesting part was when Cartier Martin and company went on a run. I see Cartier Martin in the starting lineup because he made two shots. At least they looked interested in the last few minutes.

2. jzchen

jzchen Team Captain Forum Donor

This happens quite often, opponents getting offensive rebounds from jump shots (12 footer and out). Why is that our opponents seem to get easy offensive rebounds from jump shots outside the paint? I understand that missed jump shots from outside the paint will normally causes the ball to bounce further away from the basket but when our guards and forwards start shooting bricks from outside the paint, we normally do not get the said offensive rebounds like our opponents get theirs. Is it because of our guards simply do not know how to box out? Or the defensive system that SVG put out there do not allow the guards to box out? In this game, Joey Dorsey has 5 offensive rebounds before he got an defensive rebound.

And yes, our team as a whole do have problems with boxing out.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Team Captain Forum Donor

Quotes from ESPN: -

Josh Smith
    , signed by the Rockets in December after being released by the Pistons, had eight points and seven rebounds in the second meeting with his former team.

Van Gundy was complimentary of Smith's work in Houston.

"I think that when they moved him to the bench, he's played very well in that role for them," Van Gundy said. "Rebounding the ball, his shooting percentage has gone up, he's been more efficient. I think he's given them a good boost off the bench. ... It was a good pickup for them, and I think he's helped them."

I wonder why SVG did not move him to the bench instead?

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The release humbled him enough to accept that role maybe.

del and roscoe36 like this.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Coming off the Bench for a winning team vs losing team.....

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think SVG was just being nice.

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

At least we get to spread out his cost.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

We are playing completely uninspired basketball. Can't do anything consistently for a whole game. Hard to watch, not just cause of the losses but just so boring too.

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We were starting to get too exciting. That's why Tay was brought in...to keep our boring meter up...

del and roscoe36 like this.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's not Tay. I haven't noticed him palming the ball on the perimeter at all.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's probably because you feel asleep before that point.

Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  12. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

It's the unnecessary dribbling and movement without any purpose. Guys are running around and setting screens but it seems like they're just doing it for the sake of doing it and not really with the specific goal of scoring the basket in mind,.

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Embarrased to say, I went to this one.
    Some observations:
    • A vendor took me to this one and we sat in a hospitality suite at the Toyota Center. I'm not big on sitting up in these luxury boxes. I'd rather sit in the stands and watch the game.
    • The food that they fed me was good. I ate my weight in Brisket and potato skins (tons of bacon, cheese and sour cream on these things) I ate so many that I started to become self concious and pump the brakes on my potato skin consumption. I have a feeling that the next time I meet the guys that invited me, they're going to say something like. "oh yeah - you're the potato skin guy."
    • Watching Caron Butler run the floor in person is kinda sad. I had to double check that he didn't have a prosthetic leg. I'm pretty sure that I could smoke Tough Juice in a foot race.
    • Other than the guy that invited me to the game, I didn't know any of the other people in the suite. In sort of a consoling way, they were all pretty curious about why I rooted for the Pistons. One guy said, "Man, that's gotta be pretty tough." I told them that it was sort of like being a Houston Astros fan and they seemed to get the idea.
    • One guy commented: "Holly crap. Prince still plays for you guys?" I responded with a simple "yes".
    • Speaking of Prince, he's KILLING the pick and roll. Whoever defends him just cheats off of him and doubles Reggie Jackson. Tay destroys any possibility for spacing. He just stands out on the perimetor doing absolutely nothing. The Pistons are playing 4 on 5 as long as he's out there.
    • Greg Monroe should be embarassed about the "defense" he played in this one. Terrence Jones and D-Mo were treating him like a broken ATM machine with no security camera.
    • I could freaking watch Corey Brewer and Joey Dorsey all day long man! Those two guys would have fit right in on the "Goin to Work" roster.
    • On a few Josh Smith shot attempts, he was so off the mark that it was hard to tell if he was shooting or passing. He missed a three-pointer by by at least 4 feet (left).
    • After Josh launched an airball, one of the Rockets fans that I was watching the game with asked me if I thought Stan might be interested in taking him back.
    • Smitty did destroy Drummond on a "Dream Shake" move in the 3rd Q. You can tell that Olajuwon works with the Rockets bigs. They all seem to have good footwork. I wish he'd work with Dre the way Sheed worked with him. I'm sure that it doesn't hurt to work with Kevin McHale everyday either.
    • Start Cartier Martin.
    • James Harden is good. Pope actualy played him well. Everyone else? ...not so much. Some of the worst "help" defense I've ever seen from our bigs.
    • The crowd seemed small and quiet. I asked someone why, and they told me that the Houston Rodeo is going on. They seemed to look at me funny when I laughed at this. Exactly 3 months until we move back home to Colorado.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    C-Bill, coynejeremy, Mogilny and 3 others like this.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Awesome game report! Thanks BDL.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Evidently, the Pistons did too.
    I'm pretty sure that Stan's game plan would have completely shut down D-Lillard.

coynejeremy likes this.