1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Houston Rockets - Friday, March 6, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 2, 2015.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Houston Rockets

Friday, March 6, 2015 - 8:00 PM Eastern

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 105.1 FM

GO PISTONS!

2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Alot of fireflies around Smiths head in this one.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

James Harden suspended for tomorrow's game vs the Hawks for kicking the King..... We never catch breaks of the team star player being out.....we still loss to the Knicks even with Melo out....and the King sits out the next game after his defense singlehandedly wipes out our half time lead over the Cavs..

junior and roscoe36 like this.
  4. roscoe36

I got confused and thought we were playing the Blazers tonight ...

5. roscoe36

Pistons down 6 after 1 quarter. 29-23.

6. LA Dre

I sure wish Dinwidde could shoot.

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. LA Dre

Piston shooting bricks from the floor, but a perfect 10-10 from the free throw line. Down 54-46 at the half.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Drummond's free throw shooting makes him completely useless during crunch time.

roscoe36 likes this.
  9. roscoe36

I recall saying something similar recently ...

10. BillLaimbeer

Yea, very recently. I don't understand how you can be making a couple million dollars a year to play this game and you can miss the rim by 2 feet on a free throw shot.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. roscoe36

I like Dre a lot, however his poor fundamentals really sucks. At least we're not super good and his misses aren't costing us championships. Poor consolation but I will take it.

Some of his shots tonight were very bad. Like he was just throwing the ball towards the hoop. Watching players mature is tough stuff. I can't imagine raising kids. My heart goes out to you and @LA Dre@LA Dre .

12. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wasn't so bad...

coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  13. LA Dre

After Dre missed that FT that was about 6 inches to the left, the camera got in his face and even though he showed no emotion you could see the hurt semi embarrassment on his face as stared straight ahead while the fans yelled air ball. I even felt sorry for him..

I am not sure what he learned playing with the international team during the summer, but if he had spent time instead practicing FT's with a coach and maybe gotten that 40% FT shooting up to 70-75%, the Pistons may have had 5 more victories under their belt.

14. LA Dre

And defend....

Not only did he score any points, but he didn't dish out single assist.

The four points that the Beard scored off of him in the last 38 seconds 3rd qtr started the 18-0 run that carried over to the 4th quarter that shot the lead up to 24 and despite the Pistons putting together their own 14-0 run with RJ, KCP, Cartier, Shawne and Dre on the floor, the game was over when the Houston lead flew over 20.

Second game in a row we could not control the superstar...
    It's time for white flag thread and I will start it soon with meaningless facts and figures...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

Houston remembered losing to the Pistons and they were determined...

The Pistons are at the 8th pick. No matter what happens they are at the 8th pick like some magnet, that is, no man's land in the NBA. 5 years of mismanagement. Can't blame Stan. He inherited a team built for the 8th pick. When he started to dismantle it (Josh), the team incredibly started to win as Jennings awoke. Then, Jennings gets hurt and Augustine steps in. They kept winning. The team was probably too thin to hold up. But Stan doesn't want mediocrity and so he blows it up again to get Jackson creating confusion sending the team back to the 8th pick. Stan's move was legit but here it is again: the 8th pick.

At 5 and 23, the Pistons were at the 3rd or 4th pick. But this is not Stan's fault. At least he gets it. The talent level needs to be raised (or lowered). Stan is caught in a storm created by 5 years of mismanagement.

Andre needs to be trained in defense. If he can become like Ben or Sheed, the Pistons will be ok. If not, a lot of wasted years and the team is stuck.

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

We could easily drop to the bottom 6. Perhaps we will get lucky in the lottery this year. Maybe Gores will wear his lucky tight shirt and bring his head tilt along for good fortune.

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  17. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

2015 NBA free agents: New York Knicks looking to add Greg Monroe, Reggie Jackson during the offseason - Detroit Bad Boys

Knicks interested in Moose and Mr. October...?

Maybe SVG pulls something out of his hat on draft day and gives the Knicks one of these guys to swap picks?

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

This is starting to look like our 'getting used to things' when we started the season. Let's see, who can cut from the roster so we can go undefeated for the rest of the season.

19. C-Bill

C-Bill All-Star

I know it's been mentioned several times but, uggh! Boxing out issues are driving me crazy. For the first 2 1/2 quarters Houston seemed to get every shot they missed. One time in third, Drummond had Motiejunas completely sealed off, but jumped toward the rim instead, and as often does, the ball bounced up and went right past him to Motiejunas. I stopped playing competitive ball when I was 16. So, when i think of things that were easy to do on the court, even for me when I was young and dumb (and very skinny), I don't get how such a problem persists for grown men.

I think it is fine to go up for rebounds, go up for the majority of them, but there are instances when you gotta recognize that a box-out is needed. If you already cover the space 6-8 feet and in, you lower your chances of getting the rebound when you go forward at the last second to cover a space that is 2-3 feet and in.

Now onto FTs. I would be ecstatic if Drummond could shoot as well as Shaq. If he shot +55% I would say, "good enough". That is only because I think anything better is a fantasy.

Monroe seemed to do a little better jump of kicking it out from post this game, instead of forcing his shot no matter what. But, we were missing all open threes.

I think we are out of the playoffs, unless their is another huge leap forward like we had in late Dec. Which, i guess could be good for drafting since we would improve from 16th pick to 6-8th pick (i think, i'm don't really 'know' the figures for the draft). Still, i am one of those that long for the playoffs.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Reggie has some handles.

Cartier's shot was solid.

Josh smith still sucks.

roscoe36 and coynejeremy like this.