hoopsanalyst rips Mo Evans

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by basketbills, Sep 3, 2005.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

They say basically that Dupree is slighly better and that Evans looks good because of the Kings system and will fizzle for the Stones. They are very high and the DD signing though.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/tra18.htm
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

'bills

I think Delfino, Dupree and Evans will do battle in the preseason. Hopefully, Delfino will be the odd man out. He doesn't play good defense. Can't be said any plainer than that. And he didn't play D when his knee was sound either.
  3. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

That website doesn't measure defensive ability what-so-ever. Its actually hard to measure it according to stats considering there isn't many.

We got Mo Evans for his contribution on D and his athleticism. Ronald Dupree may be younger and share similar stats, but from the games he's played in Detroit he's been lacking a certain intensity on D that a Piston has.
  4. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Mo

Gotta believe Joe D has watched countless hours of film on the guy, assessing performance and capabilities on both ends of the court. The Hoopshype evaluator has likely not had the same advantage.
  5. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Mo

The article referred to him as an "undersized power forward". Since he isn't a PF at all, I'm not going to worry too much about anything else they have to say either. :)
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Haha, good point T-Bird. I think Joe D has earned a margin of error over these so called "experts". He has in my eyes anyway.
  7. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

Right, and they also stated that we still have EC. Not too reliable I guess. I know I'm not up on all of the players and teams in the league, but I'm not getting paid to do it, either.

I think Delfino plays pretty decent D, his only problem was that he plays for the steal too much, from what I remember. LB didn't like that.

I think Dupree is less offensively skilled, although more athletic.

I'd like to see what happens with Evans.
  8. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

hoopsanalyst

As much as I despise reading stuff that seemingly discredits the decisions of the Pistons, I have to say that they are entitled to their opinion and that they do have some kind of point. Those players from Sacto didn't exactly do so well after they switched teams. Hedo, Doug Christie, among others....

But I am, too, interested in how Maurice Evans will work out.

I've seen how Ronald Dupree plays and I think he has great potential and has offensive skills as well. He just hasn't had the time to show it. He proved that while playing for the Bulls. If this lights a fire under him, he will be producing.