Heat/Bulls Series

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

2 Observations:

1) It took all of tip-off for Wade to start getting ridiculously soft calls that send him to the line

2) Skiles is pulling a Dolphin and triple teaming Shaq and the Bulls are promptly being for open 3s on the swing or kick out passes.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bulls are getting a little more into it now, with some better rotation off those double teams on Shaq. Wade did get some questionable calls, but both of Shaq's fouls so far have been extremely dubious, so I don't think the officiating has been that much of a factor overall.
  3. Pwn Toney

No, I don't think the refs have negatively impacted the game at this point, but Wade does get the benefit more than any player in history.

Also, having Nocioni back is appearing to have a difference, if only mentally, at this point. The Heat might not be doing too much laughing as this series progresses.
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Sefalosha showed the veterans how it's done a few possessions ago. The Bulls acted like cowards a couple of times when Shaq was in there, including Ben Wallace giving up a layup to throw a cross-court pass that was picked off. But then Sefalosha, too young to "know" any better, barreled straight to the hoop and drew a blocking foul on Shaq, which was his 3rd.
  5. Pwn Toney

True, but Wallace not being regarded as an offensive player would get him a charge on that play 9 times out of 10.

I do like how Thabo is doing exactly what you have to do with Wade, back off, don't let him drive and make him think he's a good jump shooter. CHI really picked up and ended the half on a high note. If MIA loses this, I see them doing a lot more complaining the rest of the series.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Hinrich is an idiot. Commits his 4th foul, throws his mouthpiece, gets T'd up. Bulls have been better with Sefalosha out there, but now it looks like he's going to have play most of this half.
  7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

With 5 minutes left in the 3rd, the Bulls are really getting it done on D. Heat have only 9 points so far this quarter, and Shaq just committed his 4th.
  8. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Bulls up 10 after the 3rd, but they were unable to extend their lead even after Wade committed his 4th foul and joined Shaq on the bench with 3 minutes left. Bulls are in pretty good shape here, but they've let Miami stay in it, which could come back to bite them if the Heat get anything going on offense.
  9. Pwn Toney

Bulls getting very 3 happy late..looking for the knockout punch too soon.
  10. Pwn Toney

ah crap...here go the Bulls going dry from the field....bad news....bad timing
  11. Pwn Toney

AND missing FTs? Lord...
  12. Pwn Toney

Big Ben earning his money today

...and Wade just tried to roll over and play dead. Man, I can't stand that guy.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Very weird...Shaq and Wade sit down with 5 fouls each at about the 8 minute mark, and the Heat cut the lead from 9 to 3 over the next few minutes. Shaq and Wade return with 5 minutes left, and the Bulls score 5 in a row in the next 30 seconds!
  14. max

max All-Star

This is a fun game to watch. Physical Eastern playoff game. The NBA has forgotten that it was games like this that made them popular. No one used to watch back in the 70's when it was all high scoring.

I was not sure who I was going to root for as I dislike both teams, kind of find myself gravitating to the Heat. Bulls fans have nothing to complain about with the calls. Lot of questionable calls going the Bulls way and Shaq/Wade has been in foul trouble all game.

Hopefully the Heat can pull this one out. A win here and the series is almost guaranteed to go 6 or 7.
  15. Pwn Toney

I think that's why +/- stats go out the window...who's going to argue that you want Shaq and Wade on the bench?...lol

...J. Will with shades of Damon Jones
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, Shaq fouls out with one foot in the restricted area, on an and one by Nocioni.
  17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Remember how that happened to the Pistons in Game 1 last year? Shaq and Wade both got into foul trouble in the first half, but the Heat's other units wound up something like +10 for the game.
  18. Pwn Toney

Best quote of the night:

"Great crossover!"
    - Jon Barry
    as Wade gets his pocket picked at the FT line.
  19. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

The bulls and heat are playing superior ball in the 4th. If the bulls keep playing like this going into the 2nd round we may be trouble as well. If we think we can dick around with these guys if they advance to the semi-finals it will be a toss-up. We better get serious and quick. I really hope our guys are watching this game because they are looking at themselves 3 years ago.
  20. Pwn Toney

Exactly...I think NBA TV has some mindless segment showing the +/- lineups of the night and they are these insanely ridiculous player combinations.