I guess it makes total sense for Joe to wait till Saturday, when the buy-out deadline passes. They only reason why he wouldn't do this would be if he was afraid DD would sign with another team. That doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. Just a technical question, and I don't think that it is happening here. But under the CBA rules and all that, would Joe be allowed to pay DD right now to sit and wait? What if he said, "Dale, we'll probably hire you, but we want to see if someone better comes along. We're going to pay you $100,000 to just wait in the wings."