Grizzlies waive Iverson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Darth Tater, Nov 16, 2009.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't understand. Bill has always been such a nice guy.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Iverson choked up, shows emotional and tells everyone that he still has something to prove to his fans and himself.

Iverson Choked Up Over Return To Philly

The team is 29th in the league in attendance, so tickets for the first few games will pick as his first two games are vs his two former teams Nuggets & Pistons

3. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Although I am not an Iverson fan, I'm glad he has this opportunity to go home. I think that crowd is going to be really jacked. Just what the sixers needed. And Iverson. I think this was a shrewd business decision for a flailing franchise that needed a defibrillator. I always thought it was defibulator but Roscoe's spell check is telling me otherwise. I will go with Roscoe. :MusicBigGrin:

4. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

As I watched the Iverson interview, this song popped into my head. You have to be a little old to appreciate it. :MusicBigGrin:

YouTube - Basketball Jones

5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Bill is such a nice fair gentleman I'm sure we'll be able to come to some kind of mutual understanding about the player of my heart. I just know it. My people will talk to his people and we will compare rosters and it will all work out the way it does with people of highmindedness and good intentions. :)

6. LA Dre

I was 19 when this came out in 74................

7. max

max All-Star

Sometimes I think I am the only one who cannot be on there 24/7 to grab players when they are avail. Someone also took him in the adv league.

There is a reason. He seems very inspired and as Ben Wallace did this year - there is no place like home.

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps I picked up AI just for Aurora so that no one else could get him before her.

9. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

There is a reason, the only reason, Rebok was the only one to make all this happened both Sixers and AI are just to play and fit in the scenario.

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

IVERSON at his press conference:

:(:(:redface::love::mad::hurt::hurt::hurt::confused::lie::lie::crying::crying::crying::scared::crying::hurt::welcome:

11. max

max All-Star

I am not questioning his sincerity but he may have turned around his image of the past 2 seasons with that one press conference.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

AI excels in the press conference. For someone who is supposed to be so "real" he comes off as quite phony to me. He talks a good game, but walks another.

13. max

max All-Star

With 27 PPG and 2.5 SPL career averages he has walked all he has talked. Thing is can he still do it?

14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

See? I knew it all along. That is why before I even read this post at the top of my to do list today after 1. pay credit card bills is 2. do 9 category analysis of the Aurora Franchise and the Laiminators and prepare fair and balanced trade offer to Bill Laimbeer.

I have given up all hope of being able to watch AI's game Monday night. The only possibliity is driving home four days early from my vacation with my sister to my sports media room in Sacramento that has NBA League Pass and NBATV on HDTV by 4 pm Monday. However, this would forever blacken my name in our family. The phone wires would be burning up with "Can you believe Kimmy cares more about seeing this AI guy play basketball than staying with us for another four days?"It's just a horrible development and I can truly say that it is all AI's fault, but I'm happy for him and selfishly miserable for me. LOL. At least I can see the Pistons play for the first time in a month on ESPN on Wednesday and AI too, but still...

If I had known I was going to miss an entire month of Pistons basketball I would never have come on this dogsitting job road trip and left the safe ensconcement of my sports dedicated media room. League Pass Broadband was but a mirage.

15. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

That's very true. A tv guy named Marshall McLuhan wrote all about it. Some media are hot and some are cool. I think tv is a cool medium. Some people are great on tv and in press conferences and have major charisma and others are really flat. Kennedy was perfect for tv and he was the first "tv" president. Nixon was horrible, but very personable, warm and engaring in person. The effectiveness and funniness of AI's whole practice rant has to do with that quality and the delivery and cadence, all of which are communicating qualities. I'm sure the practice rant is much funnier on tv than it was live in the press conference. Charles Barkley is the same way. Most of what Charles says if he was sitting in your living room wouldn't be as entertaining as it is on camera.

16. LA Dre

I know they won't show the NBA TV games on the League Pass Broadband Archives, but do you have a DVR at your place and is there anyone who can get into it and set it to record Monday's game for you??? With Direct TV I can program my DVR from the road thru my laptop or phone, but does Comcast or whomever your cable provider is have that feature?

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I can't wait to see AI in Eddie Jordan's Princeton offense. :doh:

18. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

They already said they're basically killing the PO, lol.

Aurora: Don't know whether this will help NBA.com - NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE ;)

Its been fun reading about the fantasy league problems, lol

19. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I haven't looked out the window lately, so I'm not sure, but I think the apocalypse must be here the day that Allen Iverson has to be evaluated by Aaron McKie in ANYTHING in order to be cleared to play.