GoldenState March 5 7:30pm

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by max, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Well, Rip is still one of the premiere spot-up/mid-range players in the league. Let's not let one horrible game make us forget that he made the All-Star team this year on the strength of the mid-range game. Unfortunately, nothing was working tonight.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's wih this starters being burned out crap?
    They didn't play the night before... the Warriors did.
    No starters played more than 35 minutes this game while the Warriors had three at 37+... I guess only the Pistons get tired... what a dummy that winning coach was.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Rip is not really a spot-up guy...he's WAY better. He spotted a lot of 3's last year that blew my mind because no one expected it and that was never his game. Rip does most of his best work on the mid-range run. He's SO good at what he does that I cringe the few times he drives to the rim fearing he'll turn an ankle landing on someone's foot.

lapiston: CB's idea of a fast break is him spotting up for a 3 lol :(
    Scoring droughts? Yeah...we were all lead to believe Flip would supply a high powered offense that would make them a distant memory. After seeing the evidence...I prefer scoring droughts under LB when we could limit opponent points when we weren't scoring.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

heh my buddy and i almost forgot we had tickets to this game...kinda wish we had forgotten. the couple in front of us with season tickets turned to us and asked if they could get their money back. only 4 out of 20 seats were filled in our row, and i'd say no more than 16,000 showed up for the game. there was easily less than 10,000 fans left at the start of the 4th, and with 6 minutes to go there were under 5,000.

jason richardson had at least 500 people there by himself, and they were cheering far louder than the pistons fans at any point during the game. at the end of the game the fans booed for the first time this year. some was directed at the j-rich fan club, but much was at the pistons' play. i think a lot of the regulars have gotten annoyed with the home record and play this year. this was the first game all year i didn't have to wait to get out of the parking lot.

i really put this loss on chauncey. baron davis always gives him trouble. lindsey was cooking, and we had a 53-48 lead with about 4 minutes to go in the half. chauncey comes in and immediately he goes -9 (and -10 to start the 3rd), while arguing a call and getting a technical when he just got owned on a clean strip of the ball. he did nothing to control tempo, he was afraid to attack baron, he looked for bailout calls, took bad shots, didn't feed rip the ball, and in general just blew.

maxiell had a good game, i don't mind the goal tends because at least he was aggressive, although the offensive interference on one of lindsey's baskets hurt a lot. he was ferocious on a lot of rebounds and that was encouraging.

our defense was a joke. golden state shoots at any time they want, and we were unprepared and just let them have uncontested shots that obviously went in.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Cavs comin' to town my guess is they want to lay the Brons open. I'm down with that.
  6. max

max All-Star

What an odd game. Look at the box score.

NBA.com: Warriors at Pistons Boxscore

Have to look at it to appreciate it. Looks like a Mad Scientist experiment gone wrong. The bench played the most they have ever played under Flip, and what odd combinations. Both Davis and Mohammed did not play at all even though Dyess sucked. Delfino played more mins that both Billups and Hamilton. Murry and Dupree played almost an entire quarter, Hunter played almost as much as Billups.

Goes to show that we do not have the most talented bench in the league. Lineups of Hunter, Dyess, Maxiel, Delfino.. are not going to win very many games.

March is a tough month so whatever, play the bench. Come April Flip has to real in back in and settle on a 8-9 man rotation for the post-season.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's what he said. The Warriors played the night before.

Besides a gratuitous shot at waiving Mohammed, I thought the leecap was decent.

The Warriors are younger and have a lot more tread on their tires than the Pistons since so many have missed injury games.

Saunders has consistently displayed really poor bench management, including the use of timeouts. We've done quite well despite those flaws. Imagine if we had a coach with some skill at gamesmanship? HA! David Stern would have to legislate the Pistons out of the league for competitive purposes.
  8. max

max All-Star

Sheed was out and Billups, Rip and Cweb only played 1/2 a game. Kind of takes a lot out of what your team is about.
  9. roscoe36

Was it just me, or did Ronald Dupree look absolutely clueless out there?

I know he hasn't played much, but if Amir can go down to the D-League after sitting on his keister and play well, what the heck is Ron's problem?

And besides the fact he is cheap, what does he bring to this team?
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The game was lost at the end of the 2nd quarter and beginning of the 3rd. The bench didn't have much to do with it. From the time C-Webb and Chauncey came back in, late in the 2nd till mid-way through the 3rd, we were -22. The bench just looked bad when they were forcing the issue in garbage time when the game was already decided.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

hey...he was +9 :D
  12. roscoe36

11 minutes, 1 steal, 1 foul, 1 turn, 0-2 shooting.

If Hunter did that, people would be rioting in the streets of Flint.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Ronald Dupree + Joe Dumars = John Ameche....The only way to explain his roster spot is "Brokeback Palace.":sssh:
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not to insult your intelligence, but maybe just to point out that you just might not know as much as you think you do. This was the 3rd game in 4 nights. Webber and CB both played 40 minutes or more both Friday and Saturday night. Nobody has much legs left after that, and the effects don't show up immediately. There is a day or two delay. Go research this if you don't believe it. Or ask someone who knows a bit about basketball.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hunter has had 10 games with 10+ minutes this year where he shot 0%.

If you combine his 0-fer games this year, you get 0 for 38.

He's had 7 games where his personal fouls exceeded his point total. 4 games where turnovers exceeded points.
  16. roscoe36

@ Merc & lee - man, it's nice to see old pals reunited. :)

@ TaShawn - I was embellishing a little bit.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I know. I just like to take every available opportunity to point out how bad he his.

I still like him though.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Besides, if they really did riot every time this happened, there wouldn't be any Flint left. Clearly you embellish.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Lee, u been using that same lame excuse for three years now. It dont take no research. I have said time and time gain that I work an 8* hr day , a minimum of 6 days a week and I still go to the gym 2 hrs a night at least 4 nights a week!!!! AND IM 43 YEARS OLD. We can stomach this maybe not being a good team with ultimately a bad coach, but TO INSULT YOUR intelligence, u know 'diddly' about fitnesss and athletes! Aint no excuse for tired legs, but lazy MINDS!:yellowprison:
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This sounds like a situation that a good old fashioned foot race would settle.