1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

GoldenState March 5 7:30pm

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by max, Mar 5, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

GoldenState March 5 7:30pm

Tv:FSN

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Warriors got us 111 to 79 earlier this year. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    100 to 80

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Warriors come in on 2nd half of back to back after heartbreaking wade-like free-throw ending 1 point loss to Wiz last night. No b-diddy and no s-jax most likely. He's got turf toe whatever that is. Is that where you stub your toe and a bit of dirt and grass gets lodged under the nail? Whatever. Probably still getting over that brain contusion from the traffic accident.

J-Rich playing well again after having all that time off and able to rest the surgically repaired knee. Almost had a TD last night.

Pistons run them outta the gym. 98-83

4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Turf toe is a hyperextension and sprain of the joint between one of the metatarsals and its toe. It's a very serious condition for athletes since it makes them almost unable to accelerate and run normally.

Rip has had trouble guarding Richardson in the past, and Harrington could be a problem. Still, without Davis bullying Chauncey around in the paint it will be difficult for the Ws to do much.

5. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah i read what turf toe actually was, but was making fun. sounds like a horse racing term.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

According to Wikipedia, it got that name from being associated with injuries sustained from playing on artificial turf fields, most commonly among American football players. That's where I remember having heard it before--this is the first time I can recall hearing about a basketball player having that injury. Fortunately, artificial turf fields are mostly a thing of the past in American sports, but I guess basketball players aren't immune from it either.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wade's injury would have been called "turf shoulder" if this was football.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I thought that was caused by surfing?...surf n turf.
    then there's Barkley suffering from Turf NO.
    Ok I'll stop now.

9. detteam

detteam All-Star

...on fine Corinthian leather. Thank you Ricardo Montalban. :MusicBigGrin:

No TaShawn...'turf shoulder' sounds to wimpy to play to the media for Wade. I think 'inverted-concussive hyper-extension of the anterior bicep tendon' is more what Stern wants Wade's doctors to say. :nerd2:

I'll be happy with a 10 point win tonight.

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't get the game on tv, but judging by the box score so far, it looks like J-Max is making another strong case for being unfairly benched when Sheed gets back again.

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

After playing OK for most of the first half--Lindsey was awesome in the second quater--the Pistons suddenly started sleep-walking with a couple of minutes left before halftime, and it just kept getting worse in the second half. It got so bad so quickly that Low and I were reduced to talking about Manute Bol in the chat even before the fourth quarter. The Pistons' worst performance of the season up to this point had been that game at Golden State, I would say, but this one was even worse, being at home. I'm not going to freak out too much about it, since this is a very atypical performance, but it's definitely worrying that this team is capable of playing such a disgracefully awful game.

13. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

The worse performance I ever saw.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP PLAY BY THE PISTONS!

14. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

What is about Golden State that they can cream the Pistons everytime they play them? I guess they are our achilles heel and I'm not going to lose sleep over this game. How bad is it that Lindsey is your leading scorer and the Pistons still lose by a boatload? I thought in the first quarter the Pistons were going to put the whoop on these guys and boy I was fooled. The Pistons miss Sheed no doubt about it, and the Brahma showed why he's still a project in development. On the plus side, SuperDupe got some playing time and Carlos Delfino scored in double figures (took him enough shots) for I think the first time this season. I hope Flip burns the game tape of this one and I'm glad I didn't pay good money to go to the Palace to watch this.

15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pistons just trying to help the Warriors pass the Magic for our pick.
    If anything this game brought out the slow team speed.
    That happens when you're picking in the 20's

16. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

I saw that were we getting the crap beat out of us, so i just relaxed and finished watching Heroes. What a great show.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The main story, a coach without a clue. The Pistons played a set of back to backs Friday and Saturday nights. This is the 3rd game in 4 nights, always a total killer on the legs. What did Flip do about the situation? He played his key guys 40 minutes plus on the back to back, ensuring maximum destruction of the legs.

In this game, Flip, for a little while, was coaching a good game. Hunter had his shot going, and the bench was out there keeping us a little bit of a lead. Meanwhile, the starters, who desperately needed the rest, were sitting on the bench resting. Then Flip, for no reason at all, pushes the self destruct button. He puts Billups and Webber back in, and basically lost the game right there. Neither player had any legs at all, and needed to sit until the start of the 3rd quarter.

Notice, Flip is totally clueless. He played both Webber and Billups right into the start of the 2nd quarter, when these two, given any common sense in the situation, should have been the first two off the floor early in the game. Third game in four nights. Of course, Flip only started coaching yesterday, right? How would he know such things?

Maxiell had a good first half, 10 points. A couple of dunks. One jumper out of the post when they unwisely put a smaller guy on him. Note Rip fed JMAX for a couple of dunks; great job Rip in helping to get this young player in scoring mode.

Dyess was about worthless in this one. Hunter ended up with 20, a wasted good shooting night by him. Delfino ended up with a lot of points, but most of that was after the game was decided. But he also had a lot of rebounds.

Again, clueless coach could not manage to get Jason Maxiell (called JMAX by Blaha once in the game by the way) and Dale Davis on the floor together. Indeed, clueless coach could not see any reason to get one of his better defenders in there as GS put up 61 in the first half. Seems it would pull some kind of memory string or something. Dale can defend. Play him.

In a way, its good we got blown out quickly. At least it did not allow Flip any more room to tear up his stars legs to ensure a quick exit in the playoffs. Dumars please fire the guy.

I am not even going to say anything about our starters. Considering the minutes they logged Friday and Saturday nights, anything they did tonight was above and beyond.

Dupree got in the game for the last few minutes or so of the 3rd quarter. Technically I guess this was not garbage time. But you know, a real NBA ready player is down in the D league and could have actually used those minutes. Dupree is not part of the Pistons future. Flip Murray also got into the game. Wow, and there is some time Blalock could have used. The time is now to right the ship Dumars. Waive Mohammed and Murray, and start playing the youth. Its still not to late to win it all this year. Just need a coach with any common sense at all, and no problem.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well a game that realistically was over at the six minute mark of the third quarter and was probably lost in the second, when the Warriors closed the half on a 15-2 run to lead by 5. A lead that was up to 15 in the first 5 minutes of third. Basically the 4th quarter was garbage time.

Once again Flips substitutions come under fire. Hunter is pulled after sparking the Pistons in the second and we then start to tank it. Hunter winds up being our leading scorer at 20 pts. Not sure what happen to our staring guards. Rip 2-4 and CB 2-5 shooting.???

Good game from Tay, but Dice was only 1-2 shooting and missed 5 FT's. Delfino played 27 mins to grab 11 points . It appeared to be a struggle out there just get a bucket to fall at one point for him, but then again CWebb seem to be having the same issue.

The Warriors shot almost 55%. Some ezy ones and some tough ones. JRich got off with 5 threes' . Still think that Joe blew it last year when he didn't give away Darko for Al Harrington. The only athlete we appear to have ready to hang with a team like the Warriors even the Wiz is AJ and he can't even get into a Piston uniform.

I hope we don't give back that great showing in February with a sub .500 month. The way they have played the last 3 games, they wouldn't make it out of the first round.

Those victories in Februray and the Wade injusry gave Joe false hope. He still needed to pull off a deal, instead of just listening to the media say that the Pistons were a lock for the east. Even if that were true, they don't appear to be strong enough to defeat the Mavs, Suns, Spurs or Jazz over a 7 game series.

Lets face it, if one of our original starting 4 of Sheed, CB, Rp or Tay is out of the lineup, we struggle and the absence of Sheed is apparent in the last three games. Which tells you that if he is missing a game do to a technical suspension, we may have the same issue.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Since the start of this forum there is TWO things that I have only done twice before:
    1. left the chat before the end of a game
    2. did not finish watching a Piston game BEFORE the Fourth quarter.
    both were this year and in the point of point number 2, both were against the Warriors. those of you whosay this game meant nothing are not true Piston Fans. There were 17000 + fans who got dressed and paid good $$$ to come out and watch their team give 'an effort" in the Palace tonight. Then there's the other thousands of fans who pay to watch this team over the internet, sattelite or league pass. Then , there are the folks who get paid by the organization to sell popcorn, clean up and sanitize the #$%T that these players leave behind. And they are expected to give 100% effort for their $8.00 per hr. Is it too much to ask for the same in return.
    This game speaks VOLUMES about the coaching and discipline inside this organization. There is no way you lose to a team that played the night before as you did tonight. No one will ever hear me mention NBA Champion and this 2007 Pistons team in the same breath....
    and BTW, this is the worst season of '24' ever! what a terrible night...

except for the talk about Star wars, Blazin saddles and the Holy grail. Am I diverse or what....?

...dont make me laff

20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We can't outscore teams. I hope the team and the coach understand this. We can't allow teams from the west to get open look threes. What are we to do with Phoenix then?

What bothers me is that we still get these scoring droughts. This coach was suppose to run an offense out of the west. That was the assumption. We are not a sound offensive team. We have no system that I can surmise, no go-to plays, no way to get open looks consistently. Do we ever get a good play from a time out?

When we are in trouble, we don't get Billips to shoot as part of a set but instead, he tries to create space himself and hoist a three (usually contested). He has a low percentage shooting the three lately and he is a very good shooter.

It is not the loss but the disarray we fall into too often on offense that is worrisome. Why don't our guys use the mid-range game? Neither Rip, nor Chauncey nor as we saw today, Delfino, finish well. Why don't we ever spot up?

But things always look worse with no effort. It is a very long season. Yes, we do miss Sheed and this team needs all its guys to compete.