1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Golden State Warriors - Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 2, 2015.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Golden State Warriors

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 - 10:30 PM Eastern

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 105.1 FM

GO PISTONS!

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Jackson vs Curry.
    KCP vs Thompson.

As far as showdowns go, it doesn't get any more epic than this.

Well maybe Iggy vs Prince.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion

We're winning this one.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm sure Reggie will bounce back after that egg he laid yesterday. But I fully expect Drummond to get into foul trouble and be a non factor in this game. Meeks is also going to have trouble hitting the broad side of the barn. Lots of hero ball, an embarrassing collapse in the 2nd half.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Old Man Butler gets the starting nod over Tay.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

So far hanging with the Warriors down 30-25 after the end of one. The buckets are still smaller for the Pistons as some ez bucket attempts were half way down and out. Warriors have missed a bunch too, so we are even....
    Their bench is doing the damage..

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. LA Dre

Still hanging tough with the warriors, the Pistons are down 56-51.. Started off slow in the second and fell down by as many as 11 points twice, but good perimeter defense has kept them in it. The interior defense has been bad though as the Warriors got a lot of points in the paint.

They are not settling for the long ball like last night, so hopefully at the end of the night the shooting % is good and they take a W on the plane with them.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. LA Dre

Pistons play one of their best third quarters ...at least this month and trail 79-76 at the end of three. They had themselves a brief 3 pt lead in the quarter before the Warriors drain two threes to go up by six, but a three pointer from the corner with less than second on the clock brought them back to 3.

Drummond alreay has 23 boards thru 3 quarters

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Turned out to be an entertaining game. We might be really decent next year.

LA Dre likes this.
  10. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

Pistons in 7th spot and only a game out of the 6th pick.

I would love a 5th or 6th pick to take into next season. How is that Sacramento team always drafting before the Pistons. The league must change the rules.

Haven't seen a consistent shooter on the team since Rip and Billips left.

linwood likes this.
  11. LA Dre

Great game, but we fell short again as the Warriors broke open a tight game with a 18-2 run, after the Pistons had taken an 81-79 lead with about 9 and half minutes left in the game. Klay Thompson and Andre Iggy-azalea were the spoilers during this run as the Pistons defense took a break and committed a few key turnovers at the wrong time and GSW took advantage of it winning 105-98

The Warrior bench out punched ours 39-25 and we pretty much held Steph Curry with only 9 points.

The comparison in three point shooting between last night was evident 8-35 last night and 4-12 tonight. Dinwiddee was 2-4 from deep including a buzzer beater from the corner and a banker to beat the clock in the second period.

Andre Drummond set a career high with 27 boards and tossed in 22 points. He also had 17 offensive boards which most by any player in the NBA since 1993. Rodman is the franchise record holder with 18 in a game set in the 91-92 season.

The Pistons play up for good teams and then down for bad teams. This was a second game of a back to back.....so with the energy displayed vs the Warriors we may have beaten this same team last night....

ggazoo69, brofmfa and del like this.
  12. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This one was too late for me to see.

How did Green look? Can you tell how great a defender he is?

Pistons hung close in this one, based on the box score. Looks like Tay had a poor game (didn't start and was -15 +/-) and KCP and Monroe shot poorly (6/15 and 7/18).

I think it should be good news that we were able to be competitive with the best team in the league on the road after a back to back!

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dre had 10 more offensive rebounds than any player on the other team's total rebounds. I'm curious to know if that has ever happened before.

Ignoring the loss...

33 minutes/ 22 points/ 27 rebounds/ 2 steals/ 2 blocks

That is pretty ridiculous to be on pace for 39 rebounds in 48 minutes. Some were his own misses, but he was also getting some really tough multiple tap offensive rebounds- it was sort of relentless. You don't get 17 offensive rebounds without being highly motivated and freaky athletic.

Dennis Rodman's career high was 34 rebounds and it came in 45 minutes (overtime game).

If felt like GS had about 20 dunks in the 4th quarter.

roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  14. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

While I think his progression is not huge (and I suppose not expected at 22), it seems as though Dre has become more consistent this season and he's had a couple of huge games like this.

We have seen the comparisons to Dwight and Shaq's rebounding totals, but as I was not an avid fan in their early years, how do people think he compares at about the same time of their careers in 1) offensive game and 2) defence?

While I think he should be going stronger to the hoop, a-la Shaq, he is developing these hooks and I can't say I remember seeing Dwight taking hook shots as far out as Dre does already. While he has his on/off games with his hook, sometimes he looks smooth on the hooks, even when he is outside the key.

15. junior

ShaqDwightAndre.png

16. junior

ShaqDwightAndre2.png

17. del

del All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks @junior@junior

Pleasantly surprised that his FG% is at around the same mark and also blocks per game at less minutes per game. FT% was a known quantity.

Obviously the overall totals and assists per game are a lot more for DH and SO as they were more of a focus in their younger years, but per game, Dre is out-rebounding them both in less minutes! By a decent clip on the offensive rebounds too (1.1).

FTA probably reflects what I thought, that Shaq took it inside more while Dwight was using a bit more finesse.

Would appreciate some thought on the comparisons in how they play their games if anyone has them.
    Was Dwight hitting hook shots from outside the key?
    Was either of DH or SO as bad on positional D as Dre at this point?

Overall, I like those number though (obviously other than the FTs). Looking at them, there is even an argument we should have been putting the ball in hands more this season to see if he progresses.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons were fired up and played hard all game. Even though Tankshaun didn't start he seemed to have a lot of energy and got two guys to bite on pump fakes. Widdie got a lot of playing time and made mistakes but with his size he really makes up for it on the defensive side. Huge difference between Widdie trying to guard Shaun Livingston or John Lucas/DJ trying to do it. Cartier Martin also looked solid defensively and got some minutes.

I was pulling for Andre to get 30 rebounds. He came close and bobbled one out of bounds near the end.

Draymond Green didn't look that good last night.

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dre looks a little better than dwight and a full step below shaq.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The bottom 5 is easily in reach (we only have 2 more wins than Orlando, which is in 5th). Bottom 4 is probably out of reach unless the Lakers somehow get on a roll.