Away Golden State Warriors Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Here are some photos from the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

U live in Santa Clara? Cool. I'm in the city in Visatacion Valley with a view of the soon to be defunct Candlestick.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Ok. Its time.

We need to bench Monroe to start the game.

The Josh Smith 3 experiment needs to end

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Totally agree dude.
    Let him have Mason call his name in pre-game intros.
    Let him take the floor and participate in pre-game handshakes and high fives.
    ...as soon as he, Dre or Moose pick up a foul or do something bone-headed, they get subbed-out for Pizza Guy, Singler or better yet, some young stud SF that Joe gets in a trade for our expirings.

I don't have a problem with Josh Smith playing 10-15 minutes per game at the three spot if it keeps everyone happy and engaged.
    Smith, Monroe and Drummond are our three best players. I want them to be treated as such.

Either Monroe or Drummond should always be playing Center.
    Either Smith or Monroe should always be playing Power Forward.

Lee356 likes this.
  5. linwood

linwood All-Star

That's crazy!

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's why it was so frustrating.

7. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I see Blaha on the pics, I wonder why I couldn't choose the away announcers on my LP for this game?

Double-Singler with another sweet 4p 1 dime game. Atleast he provided some sub-par defense.

Stuckeys 3 point shooting is starting to regress to the mean.

I guess enough has been said about the defense and Smitty at the 3.

Drummond had the play of the game when he ripped the ball out of the air. I bet the stat guys had problems if they should record it as a block or a board.

Pizza Guy and Kenny were the positives from this game. Kenny looks like he's on his way to becoming a beast on D. All those minutes of learning from the bench is starting to pay dividends.

Tony Mitchell (6-9) looks like a raw version of McGee when he is flying around like superman without a clue.

Lee356 and Ernie the Slow Adult like this.
  8. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

But Smith and Jennings was dealt a coach no one else really wanted so it evens out!

9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The pieces are there but they desperately need to get on the same page and give more effort. I'm just hoping that we can be somewhere around .500 after 20 games.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Jonas looks likes he pissed he has to wear sneakers at the games while Singler looks like he's in mid-game form!

kpaav likes this.
  11. Ernie the Slow Adult

They may not be able to P&R with all the bigs on the floor.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Hey everyone, it's the Pistons defensive scheme!!!

Mogilny, mikhail1973 and kpaav like this.
  13. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Nice pictures, glad you got Sheed in there even if it was from the back side.......

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This one was on NBAtv I believe. If it were on regular league pass, they usually have 2 channels for each broadcast team.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

watched it on NBA TV...let me say this!!!!!:

- I hate Jennings. Never liked him from high school and I still dont! He is bringing down this team because he is not a leader and no where near a NBA point guard. He will cost Dumars his job. I blame Allen Iverson for making 6'0" guards all think they can average 30 PPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Josh Smith NEEDS a good point guard...Like ben Wallace hewould be more effective with a guard to alley oop and push the break and be unselfish. Plus , I dont think this team is tough enough for Smith....

- The backcourt was highly overrated. No leadership. Billups is great as the 11th man leader from the bench and lockerromm but DEFENSIVELY, he's toast! jennings? BLHHHH!! Stuckey ? Get him OUT!! bynum? whos afraid of the big bad wolf?? POPE- a rookie. something has to give.

- i LOVE: DRUMMOND , SINGLER, MONROE, JEREBKO, DATOME.....I LIKE: SMITH, BILLUPS

everybody else can go!

16. vincy4fish98

vincy4fish98 Bench Warmer

If this keeps up, what do we really have to lose in playing Siva? He seems to be the forgotten man and he is a bonafide PG

OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  17. BallDon'tLie

...Observations:
    • I'm not sure what Maurice's pre-game speech was but I have to assume that it was something like: "Ok guys, let's go out there and get this over with. ...bring it in. ...'uninspired' on three, ...one ...two ...uninspired!"
    • Another "fast start" for the Pistons in this game. At around the halfway point in the 1st Q, I thought that I had accidently hit the rewind button on my DVR remote.
    • Prior to the season, I remember reading some stuff about Brandon Jennings where he said that he was going to be a different player and look to facilitate more. It appears that Mr. Jennings has some short-term memory loss issues. He may want to get that checked out. He ran the offense like a well-oiled ice skating rink.
    • It seems that BJ7's favorite play is the one where he dribbles around above the three point line for 20 seconds, ignores the picks that Drummond and Monroe set for him and then chucks some kind of sidewinder 25 footer that any NBA player can get at ANY time. I'd like to propose a new nickname for Brandon Jennings: "Chuck"
    • I blame coach Mo for Chuck's "facilitating". Cheeks is the one letting him get away with it. I now know what the exact opposite of Larry Brown looks like.
    • I'm convinced that Steph Curry goes out there and does his thing hoping that opposing PGs will try to "out-Curry" him. That dude fires up (and makes) jumpers with no conscience. In the GS games that I've watched, it seems like opposing PGs try to match his scoring and it just doesn't ever work. That dude can fill it!
    • Kyle Singler should have been a decent matchup for Klay Thompson. Cheeks stuck him on Green & Barnes instead. Mo is playing the "Gene Hackman-before the town's people bought into his coaching methodology" role pretty well!
    • What bizzaro world does Cheeks live in where it looks like Rodney Stuckey deserves monster minutes? It seemed like he was out there for the full 48 last night. I know it wasn't that bad but time stands still for me when Rodney is in the game. ...Kinda like when you're in line at the Post Office or something.
    • Pope should be absolutely dominating almost all minutes at SG. I can't remember when a Piston roster decision has ever been so obvious (2012/13 Andre Drummond perhaps?).
    • Andre Drummond was a MONSTER in this one. It's amazing how he acumulates points while barely touching the ball. By doing this, he doesn't give the opposing team a chance to foul him.
    • I'm not sure what Cheeks saw Smith doing or not doing that resulted in cutting his minutes in half. I'm not saying that Smith was playing well (he wasn't). I'm not saying that Smith has played well (he hasn't). I'm just saying that there are several guys on this team that aren't being benched that are more deserving. I think that there are probably better ways to motivate your $54 million dollar free agent signing than benching him in favor of playing Kyle Singler out of position.
    • I want Tony Mitchell to succeed more than anyone but he didn't make a case for more playing time in this one. He played like he had arrived late to the game and had to borrow some shoes and a uniform just so he could take the floor.
    • Pizza Guy has a sweet jumper. I like him at SF. ...At PF, he's rather 'Jerebko-like'.
    • At least Charlie didn't play.

18. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How does Will Bynum get a PLUS 13 in a blowout loss?

19. BallDon'tLie

He played well.
    I would have liked to see more dimes but after watching Jennings, Will was like a breath of fresh air on a warm Spring day.

Jennings has to get better.
    Right now he's being out-played by a 31 year old undersized, undrafted journeyman who has "issues" on full moons and has done hard time in an Israeli prison.

Susie914, Walter and roscoe36 like this.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I've been saying, give Datome a chance. These are his first NBA minutes. The dude isn't a scrub. He's probably not going to be an NBA great, but I remember when Toni Kukoc came to the NBA, it took him a good year or two to find his legs.

Of course, coach playing guys out of position is completely retarded, but what can you do.