Away Golden State Warriors Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'November 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

@ Golden State Warriors

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 10:30 PM Eastern

ORACLE Arena, Oakland, CA

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

This team looks hot...averaging 110 points per game on over 50% shooting...and a high 3 point shooting percent.
    We're the defensively challenged Detroit Pistons playing in their home against a shooting machine...

Pistons 137 - Warriors 132

3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

C'mon Maurice!
    ...at least give us a chance.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

When is this game being played, November 12th 2014?

As long as Singler gets his run I am good.

5. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I hate these 10:30 starts (AGAIN!)

6. roscoe36

I am excited about this game. Hopefully we don't get buried with 3s.

7. roscoe36

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

What happened to Josh Smith?

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Did they just like the total package of no scoring, no defense and no rebounding that Singler is giving them?

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

The Pistons pass the ball like a couple of drunk guys playing in the dark.

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

12. roscoe36

I don't know what to say anymore. This team isn't ready to play when they leave the locker room. 2 straight games getting shelled in the first Q.

Billups isn't the biggest problem, but he's giving us nothing. I cannot understand why he is starting. I was never the biggest Billups fan, so it's easy for me to say that he needs to retire. He simply doesn't have it anymore.

Don't know what is up with Smith, or Jennings for that matter. They have been atrocious.

Monroe does a good job of getting his. That's what he's done every year he has been here.

The bench was mixed. Stuckey was horrible as usual, I cannot fathom anyone trading for him unless they need a paperweight or a high grade post game hugger.

Not sure if it's the players, the coach or both, but this stinks from the head down.

del, Walter, Lee356 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Coach copped an attitude on Josh Smith? Talk about lack of effort, how about the coach still insisting that Singler is a small forward. Not working. Billups the starting shooting guard? Not working. I think the coach should be benched way before Smith.

Anyway, maybe coach is on right track, but then he lost what cred he had when he conceded the game way early by putting JJ in.

The good. Datome can shoot the ball. And he looks a lot more like an NBA small forward than Singler.

Pope did start the 2nd half. Good thing. He hit a triple there, and hit a bit shorter shot too. But coach also started Singler - over Smith, at small forward. Pretty much negating any good from the first move. Hopefully, with what Datome just showed us, Singler will not be appearing again soon. Only saying hopefully, as actually, still have not seen this coach put a decent unit on the floor, at least not for the last few games now.

Good to see Mitchell get some playing time. About time. Rebounds getting contested and other things like that that Singler can only watch by looking up.

Our new coach is surrounded by a lot of talent, but he just can't field, not for a moment, a decent unit on the floor. He must be trying his very best to lose games considering the mistakes he keeps making.

Stuckey is killing us with all his misses. Bad enough to start an older, out of shape Billups at shooting guard. But Stuckey is even a worse option. Stuckey gives us absolute zero as a shooting guard, and yet this coach sees Stuckey as a strong candidate there. Watch the film coach. Change your ways. It is good you are letting the youngsters play tonight, but clean up your rotations, and start putting players out there who can actually play their positions.

I still think the coaches rotations are more an excuse to play Bynum than just about anything else. Again, we saw no Billups at point tonight, the one thing Billups excels at. And no Siva in the game. And barely any of Stuckey running the point. Instead, we see Billups starting at shooting guard, and then Stuckey. Both out of position.

Pope played in the first half, out of position at small forward. Finally, coach started him at shooting guard in the 2nd half - while pretty much conceding the game by sitting Smith to start the 2nd half.

Drummond was awesome. All over the boards, put back after put back, and lots of scoring inside otherwise. Nothing all that skilled, but somewhat beyond just dunks.

Monroe did some good scoring here and there. So did Smith at times. Jennings shot a lot, but he also made a lot of shots. In all, 4 of our five starters did pretty good. While Billups only played the very beginning of the game and thats it.

No CV. Again, it appears he had only brought in last night to help us lose the game.

Siva and Harrellson were again the guys not dressed.

Can't say Bynum did all that bad. However, we did not try some common sense things like either Billups or Stuckey as the backup point. As far as I am concerned, Bynum being on the team is just delaying us finding a winning rotation. Hopefully not completely stopping it.

Just since I criticized so much, I will say what we could have used for a rotation tonight:

Start Jennings, Pope, Smith, Monroe, Drummond.

2nd unit: Stuckey, Singler, Datome, Mitchell, (Drummond or Monroe playing center for the 2nd unit.)

14. roscoe36

Bynum was far and away our best guard tonight.

mikhail1973 likes this.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hard to tell. Bynum played while we were so far down, the other team was falling asleep, and playing a lot of bench players. Certainly can not say Bynum did bad in this game. Only the one turn, plus 13 in the game. Still don't think he belongs in the rotation though. I believe if the game was closer, and GS was paying attention, Bynum would have looked a lot worse. Meanwhile, what is your opinion of Billups getting a shot at backup point guard minutes? Are you so against that that you would advise Bynum continues to take all those minutes there?

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you separate yourself from the love of the Pistons, you have to admit that Golden State looks like a really, really talented team. That is some starting five! Very confident and many guys have knock down shots.

In terms of the scrimmage that we participated in today, I thought that Pope showed pure athleticism and grit. He impressed me more than all previous viewings of him in the pre season. I was calling for him to start by default, but now I actually think that he would fit in perfectly. His man on man defense was a joy to watch. Pope's shot form actually looked solid too... he just needs to limit it to better looks (and the team needs to look for him eventually so that he can get those).

Datome showed that stroke that we knew that he had. The GS announcer said something like "that guy's shot looks like an instructional video". I think we found a floor spacer.

Mitchell- was interesting to see him in a real game situation. Just raw and redundant, but with his OK jump shot and general garbage man abilities, he'd be a fine plug in any time we just need to shake things up... or when we need somebody to mop up GT minutes, which there may be a lot of this year. His goal tend looked like a nice play to me.

Stuckey, Singler, Billups, Smith, and Jerebko were a whole lot of nothing tonight. Jerebko was getting no respect from the refs.

Monroe and Drummond each started and each played about 30 minutes. That's why it's crazy that GM was -29 and AD was +1. That means that in the few minutes when they were separated, it was extreme opposite outcomes. Monroe had some really nice spin moves, but he didn't do any of the dirty work that Andre did. If it wasn't for Drummond in this one, the blowout would have been extreme.

Bynum was really solid as he was in his attack mode element against non starters for the most part. Not sure why none of the other guards look for Dre like he does. That is pretty much how Will gets all of his assists and half of his points (by freezing the opposing big men with the oop threat). Jennings, Billups, and Stuckey should be forced to take a "feeding Dre" class in the film room. It's not that hard... just drive and throw the ball anywhere between 9 and 13 feet in the air in the general vicinity of the rim. Every other time, take the wide open layup yourself.

Hopefully Drummond's shin sprain is nothing.

Hopefully Billups' commemorative starting ceremony is almost complete.

Hopefully Cheeks finds a way to spur the team on to some quicker starts so that we don't have to play catch-up for 36 minutes.

del, Walter, BallDon'tLie and 3 others like this.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

One really strange thing I just noticed... take a look at tonight's NBA scores:

MIA 118
    MIL 95

DAL 105
    WAS 95

GSW 113
    DET 95

LAL 116
    NOP 95

In 4 games across the league, the home team's scored more than 100 points and the road teams all scored exactly 95 points.

Boring night if you're surfing league pass for a close game.

For Bucks fans, Middleton got the start and led the team in rebounds in only 23 minutes, falling 1 short of being the night's top rebounder from either team. Other than that, he had a decent all around game with a little of this and little of that as he matched up against Lebron James/ Shane Battier. Didn't sniff too many buckets, but what can you do.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Things that make you go hmmm??:hmmm:

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I only saw the the last 2 minutes of the second quarter and then the entire second half. But that was only after insisting that my server at the Yard House in Vegas put me in front of a TV. Of course there was no sound in the restaurant so not sure if Greg Anthony and CWebb were joking how bad we looked or if they were wondering how the Pistons and Warriors beat out the Lakers and Pelicans for the Tuesday fan night choice?? Also....someone tell me who's broadcast team came across on NBA TV, Pistons or Warriors?

Anyway, the defense was MIA again and this will be a long trip until we figure out how to play it. Of course the warriors are the wrong team to fix it with, but I hope we are learning something in these losses.

I was both surprised and happy to see Pope come out to start the second half.....did he play at all in the first? Tony Mitchell definitely needs more PT. Lets move him up the totem pole along with Pope and sit Singler and JJ. Poor Billups....the camera kept showing him in the 4th qtr on the bench....what were the announcers saying about him??

Hopefully they find some teams they can beat when we get back home..but they got to hold one of them under 100.....better yet under 90..........this team needs a confidence builder and beating anyone can do that at this point.

Lee356 likes this.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

See, was that so hard?