Golden State Warriors March 6th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Bynum, Stuck, and Max were beasts in this one.

And personally, I don't believe swapping Iverson for Bynum in this rotation makes us a better team. Bynum can get into the lane like AI, but finishes better, and the defense is miles apart. I don't know if AI's game will work in spurts like Bynum's does. AI has always been a "takes a minute to heat up" guy.

Rodney's 2nd quarter (10pts, 4 asts, 1 stl) was great to see. It's been a long time since the offense has been run through him like that, and he did a great job of mixing scores and dimes. A little glimpse into the future once this is "his team".

Arron was pretty bad. Looked like he hasn't played basketball in a while (and he hasn't). Kwame was Ba-ru-tal.

Overall, it was great (again) to see the team moving the ball so well in the 1st half.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it was also nice to see a 'killer instinct' ... i mean i know we basically played a bench/d-league team today, but we put it away early. they were small and athletic but we consistently got up and down the floor faster...especially rip, who was just flying all over the place.

i was pleased with the effort tonight.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The future looks bright for the Pistons. Watching Stuck twice foul Crawford on long jump shots it is obvious he has been practicing with Amir and a chemistry is building.

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Grandma's hands...hahahahaha...Bill Withers is rollin in his grave!

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

TO WARTHOG:

you're welcome - the Palace janitor

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Yeah..I keep reading Max's name as 'Poopieface' til Roscoe corrected me.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The one at the beginning of the game was just, ugh. Why foul a guy who is twice as good from the line as he is from the field, 20 feet from the hoop?

This is a full time job. :doh:

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Just call me 'The Rain' cuz thats what I'm gonna do to this little parade.

I thought we played about as how I expected a team to play who knows they'll be sitting in 'the champagne Room' around 11:45Pm the next night!

I kept waiting for this to be a 133-94 game like most teams wouldve done to a warriors team who was a Jamal crawford injury away from actually looking like the movie "Warriors".

I see three Pistons who need to be having their next meal in sioux City, Iowa:

1. Kwame. He just may be the worst player in the NBA. seriously. He contributes absolutely NOTHING. Every frame that he shows up in shows something more ignorant than the next! The guy got a three-second violation as we were bringing the ball ACROSS HALF COURT! WHAT AN IDIOT. I watched it three times over. It was 18 seconds left on the shot clock when the call was made!! His hands are smaller than aurora's!! He couldnt get ONE BASKET AGAINST THE wARRIORS?
    KWAMEEEEEE- COME out and PLAY-AY!!

2. Herrmann. I read someone commented he grabbed 7 rebounds. Four of them clanked right into his hands. I saw get burned 8 times on defense. How does he get time over AA? I just dont get it.

3. Amir. Its over for him. I would take any player on Golden st over him. He has no skills of value thats better than any player we saw on the Warriors. He cant shoot....cant rebound...cant guard anyone one on one. I blame our POOR coaching staff as well. But unless he goes to a nutritionalist in the Dominican Republic over the summer, I'll give Sharpe his chance next year.

BTW, SINCE Rashonda took the night off last niht, I expect no more than a 20-10 tonight from her!

9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Oh, come on you're not being fair here. Kwame took a superb charge(flop?) in this game... it was a real game-changing play in this one.

Agreed. I can't stand to see Herrmann getting Afflalo's minutes... it just isn't fair.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I brought my umbrella.

[​IMG]

Who's that #4 guy? I don't remember him.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Doubt if he gets it...I'd say closer to 10-8 if we are lucky

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Since you think Amir is so bad, and he is the most plus player on our team (with Dyess by far being the most minus), would you care to tell us just how bad the rest of the players are. Please start with Dyess.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'll have to disagree on Amir as well (big surprise! LOL). It was practically the Amir show for a few minutes; back to back blocks, a great finish, and a terrific sequence where he played great help defense.

His defensive ability and ability to give this specific team the speed and recovery it needs are sorely underated by fans and Curry. Games like the CLE one and that third quarter where he was most responsible for that 10 pt lead or the SAS one where he was vital seem to be deleted in Curry's memory.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Anybody watch the replay of the Pistons vs. Wiz game on NBAtv? It was from November of 2005. So, it was the 2nd season after the Ship and 3 seasons ago.

Now that I'm not emotional about it anymore I can say with 100% certainty that we was gettin ripped off. The calls were brutal. At first, I was thinking, "these guys complained way more than the current team." But then after watching the 2nd half and both overtimes, they should have been complaining. Call after call went against them on defense. They were taking charges, blocking shots, stealing the ball, foul, foul, and foul.

Pretty sure the rule changes/ enforcement changes took 1-2 Championships away from us. Nobody was going to score on 2005 Ben and Sheed with 2003 rules.

Also, Sheed looked way less 3-happy. Ben looked like a monster... maybe it was the white uniform.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

h
    Lee, your self love for Amir is the most selfish bias Ive seen in sports history!

Watching the game, knowing the game and playing the game are three differnt things. And I pretty much know which two you dont do.

16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I don't see any opinion about basketball in there anywhere. Do you have some kind of opinion on the matter?

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i don't even remember him playing lol