Golden State Warriors March 6th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You will regret not having a good picture with Buddhatrain.

Have you ever seen that guy play? His post game with the falling fadeaway was SICK.

Sounds like you had fun though.

Gotta love Tom Wilson politicking.

2. max

max All-Star

Warth - I was there too. It was a great game to go to. Have not had many of these blowouts where someone like Walter Sharpe can get some burn.

Thanks for the heads up on the tickets. Perhaps they will also remove some of those personalized parking spaces and shrink down VIP so you don't have to walk across empty VIP spots in 20 deg weather next year.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You know why? When you have sleep apnea, you don't want pictures floating around the web with your eyes shut. Especially when you're a bench warmer who hasn't had a chance to prove yourself.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

In the grand scheme of things Tay and Rip continuing to be viable 3 pt shooters is more important to them than AI playing and I don't mean that as a slight to AI in any way.

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

hahaha that's a great point. unfortunately i didn't get to see the dunk.

max, let's just say you're either going to get a discount, or...if you're willing to spend the same $ on tickets, you might get an 'upgrade' in your seating. also if you pay early you'll save a decent amount of $. two other sidenotes...where are your seats anyway? i'm in section 111. and i pronounce Warthog as Wart-hog (the animal) and not Warth-og like you were pronouncing in the podcast. :D

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I always thought is was War-thog, like a pro war thing.

Hey, why was Wilson talking about all that stuff? Was that in the locker room?

7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you make a great point. tay has seemed to stop pump-faking incessantly since AI has been out and he's simply shooting the ball. rip is back to shooting and making some 3s. if you can get it back to sheed/rip/tay as 3-point threats in the lineup, that's going to be huge.

also, nice to see stuckey's midrange game back. i don't think a single one that he made even came close to touching the rim.

8. max

max All-Star

Why did I write? Maybe I will just call you W.

They are running scared about the fan base so thats a good thing for the fans.

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Happens to the best of us. I always read Latino Kings name as Latinok ing until Roscoe referred to him as Latino one time.

10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Hey, at least we aren't %%%%%ing and moaning about how we play down to the opponents level...which was a real possibility several weeks ago.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah i kept reading max's name as m'a'x' until he corrected me one day ahha

12. max

max All-Star

hey you know - as long as its legible.

13. roscoe36

I'll give you that in the first and second round, but not in the third (ECF).

When the series get late, and the quality of competition increases, everyone has a book on how to play these guys. It's going to be AI off the bench that is going to be the wildcard they can't easily prepare for.

Think Stuckey last year against Orlando and earlier this year.

I never understood why we were not getting good looks when AI was in. It's like no one knew how to space themselves. And he is capable of passing out to the long arc from under the basket. He had no trouble playing with a relative stiff like Korver and getting him lots of 3Pt opps.

Suddenly, the spacing is great. It's not rocket science to make yourself available for a pass that far from the hoop.

I see the offense being a lot more lively, a lot more picked up. Rip's been playing fantastic. Can he keep it up? I hope so.

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They can counter AI by just playing their superstars for 44 minutes each.

15. roscoe36

I don't think they can. Although I am not sure if that is a joke or not.

AI doesn't have to play a lot of minutes, he just has to continue to maintain his rate of production. I think someone recently pointed out that with less minutes, his stats scale consistently.

This team is too talented to lose, but they don't have enough without AI. They didn't have enough last year, and the East is better now, and their coach is probably a pretty big minus.

We can get lucky with seedings, and hope for some injuries, but ultimately, in a Game 7 dogfight, I want a guy who can get to the hoop and get the benefit of the doubt on a call. Even if he is only a 79 or 85% ft shooter.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm just saying that teams play their stars more in the playoffs, so it's harder to confuse them with a bench strategy. They'll just leave one of their good players in at all times like they probably will do anyway.

Look at game 6 against Bos last year. There was never a single second of the game where Allen, Pierce, or KG wasn't on the court. And there was only a 4:40 span where 2 of them weren't in together. So, if we were looking to throw them off with AI, they would have had 4:40 of mild exposure. And during that time, they still had their starting center in too.
    PopcornMachine's GameFlow - BOS @ DET

In game 5, it would have been even more impossible. Rondo played for 46 minutes and Pierce played for 44.5 minutes. KG and Allen for about 40 each and their gaps were staggered. They had an 8 man rotation with only 29 total minutes to their bench.
    PopcornMachine's GameFlow - DET @ BOS

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the in side scoops Wart...nice info except for the million dollar question?? Did you see AI before the game, in the locker room heading for the team bus, hiding in a locker??

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't think we're going to get an answer to the AI question anytime soon, but here's some stuff from the papers;
    And a very scary possibility;
    Pistons enjoy laugher for fourth straight win | detnews.com | The Detroit News

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Being slightly undersized as a bench unit doesn't really worry me. It's so easy to just sub a starter back in if an unfavorable mismatch develops.

We can always drop Kwame in there. The SF can be AA or Walt. AI can play PG or SG. Max and Amir are interchangeable. It is actually a very flexible lineup.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Damn, by the time this game was over the Warriors barely had enough guys to put on the court... they were down to 6 at one point!!

All in all a very good game, start to finish. They dominated.

Stuck had a really good game, totally 14 points and 8 assists. Scored when needed, facilitated when that was needed... threw some really nice alley-oop passes. Was a bit inconsistent on defense though... had some nice contests on Crawford, but committed a couple stupid head-scratching fouls on long jumpers as well.

Rip and Prince both played very well on both ends. Rip even had one nice drive baseline for the finish and foul.

Sheed was a non factor on offense, only taking two shots total. Solid rebounding performance (7) and he did have one really nice assist to rip on a backdoor cut to the basket out of the high post.

Maxiell, Bynum and Afflalo (finally got some playing time!!) were all really solid off the bench in this game. Curry even went to a Stuck-Bynum backcourt for a few minutes with mixed results... I believe that was the first time that backcourt combination has been used this season. Bynum shouldn't EVER be taking mid range jumpers though... god he is awful at it. He needs to continue to attack the basket and be a disrupter on defense, and I'll be more than happy.