Golden State Warriors March 6th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Dang, Golden State's depth chart is just nasty. (In a bad way)

Ronny as a Center?

Should we be proud? :hmmm:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ronny has been playing great as a center.

Pistons should win this handily. GS is just a JV squad. :nod:
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons win!
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Good win. GS had their D-league squad out there, but it's nice to see us beat the teams we are supposed to beat by a good margin.

AA outscoring Hermann. :nod:

And Amir showing why he still deserves to be in the rotation and especially over Kwame Brown.

Team effort. Max ate some babies this game; probably pent up frustration from Nene dunking on him LOL
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Nice win. After the meltdowns and other negative junk going on, its good to just beat up on an opponent. Will was fun to watch on point. Its interesting to see how people take advantage of situations like this. You see it with a number of player where they get a measure of freedom and they really show you what they can do.
  6. roscoe36

I will demur to the leecap, which will have more precise observations, but I saw a Pistons team having fun, which is so important.

Sure our opponent was the equivalent of Weekend at Bernie's, but as a live, team building exercise, the Pistons should feel pretty good about themselves.

We continue to win by playing Walt. I just hope his cold shooting doesn't deter Curry from doing the right thing, and continuing to make him a part of the rotation.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He's been much more under control. He will likely be out of the rotation soon though.

On a side note, the Garnett-less (and big baby davis-less) Celtics beating up the Ben Wallace-less Lebrons at home. Our win against BOS just got a little bit nicer.

I'm not sure who i'm rooting for to get the #1 seed. Considering BOS's road woes in the PO's; i think they need to beat the Cavs, and as much as i hate the Celtics i'd rather see them advance other than the Cavs if it isn't us.

(I'd really like see ATL but . . . yea LOL)
  8. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Right now especially with the way our schedule is later in the season I see det moving up to the 4th seed..which means a bos or cle in the 2nd round like you mentioned...I think I would rather see the Cavs get the 1 seed..

I would like for det to play Mia in the 4 5 matchup and then have us play Cle in the 2nd round...then hopefully Atl can play Bos in the 1st round..mainly because I wanted to see that series again after last year plus I think Atl has a chance at beating them (not likely but a chance)...
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well with Warrior d squad, the Warriors hung around with a couple early threes to be down 13-12 with 7 mins left in the first, then the Piston closed the qtr on a 20-4 run and eventually stretched that to a 26-4 run before the Warriors started to hit some hoops. Every Pistons scored except AI (who may score later tonight in da club, with bottle full of bub)

Most of game was Scrub-on-Scrub play, but our guys had fun out there. [strike]Grandma's hands[/strike] I mean Kwames hands were on display with 4 TO's and Fabio tried to show off his big hands, but was an awful 1-7 shooting...he did grab 7 boards though...

Bynum and Max were tonight's stars and hopefully one of them won Blaha's star of the game honors as long as the American Idol voters weren't stuffing the ballot box for Rip. Bynum had a season high 13 pts and was one off his career high of 14.

Its a shame that Walter Sharpe couldn't get in until 2 and change left in the game....?? He had a mean under the hoop reverse dunk that shows he deserves some more PT.

It's also a shame that we gave up 91 points to those scrubs, but hey a W is a W...lookin for 5 in a row in the ATL tomorrow night:thumb[1]:
  10. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

This game was never in doubt once the Pistons scored a basket and it was a blast to watch even as a blowout. I really wonder what's going to happen when A.I. comes back and the rotations will be all out of whack and Bynum will lose playing time. This team is starting to look like they are having fun again and the guys enjoy playing with each other.

Rip is the new leader and Stuckey has got his groove back. Even Fabio looked pretty good out there and I didn't mind him bricking his 3's. That boy has the huge mitts and between Maxiell being a dunking machine, Fabio rebounding and Bynum ball hawking and scoring at will on drives the Pistons are a dangerous team.

The Poor Warriors playing with only 7 healthy bodies. They looked like a NDBL team out there and I felt almost sorry for them. Thank our lucky stars we have Arnie and his magical potions. What was he rubbing on Sheed and Dice before the game started? It looked almost like purple cream, does he sell this on eBay and where can I get some?

I kind of wish Iverson would just continue his rehab until the end of the season to eliminate all the drama about what this team will do when he gets back. I'm definitely on the Will Bynum train but I've been there all year since he played at the University of Arizona one year before he bolted for another college and he was crazy talented even back then.
  11. max

max All-Star

We were losing to teams like this a couple of weeks ago. Good win. Nice to see the bench starting to gell.

31-29. Now if we can get the next 2 tough games then the team can really go on a roll.
  12. roscoe36

They're not good enough to beat Boston and Cleveland in a 7 game series. It looks like fun beating up on the 3rd string lineup of an already bad team, but in a series against veteran coaches, with superstar lineups, this team will not be playing Will I Am or Amir or maybe even Kwame and AA.

If AI comes back, and can contribute enough to offset Curry's lack of experience, we might have a chance.

If Iverson does not come back, or comes back but can't help, the Pistons will not go far as currently constituted.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not much of a game. Golden State basically just played 6 guys. (10 minutes from Turiaf before he sat out the rest to let heal some minor injury) And the 6 guys they played hardly constituted a team.

Rip knocked down 22 points. Stuckey about 14 points and 8 assists, hitting several outside shots.

Bynum got to the hoop and scored a lot. JMAX shot 5 for 8, mostly dunks but he also hit a couple of jumpers.

Amir and Afflalo got to play, did fine.

Herrmann played, bricked most of his shots. He did get several rebounds and scored on a steal.

Sharpe got in for a moment, and completed a pretty impressive drive in reverse.

Kwame played a lot. So So. Would be better if he would make more free throws. (and even though JMAX scored a lot, yep, he could sure use work at the line too. I still say JMAX should be shooting jumpers at the free throw line - he would make more free throws that way vs. what he is doing - and it would help keep his jumper warmed up.

The game featured us getting out to about a 20 point lead to start the game - and then basically maintaining that lead the rest of the way. The lead got to 25 for a moment just before the end of the first half. The lead dipped to about 15 at one point to start the 3rd quarter before the starters woke up and got the lead back up near 20 before starting to call it a night.

To reiterate - GS really did not have a team out there. They started Turiaf at center - and he only played 10 minutes. The only real talent out there for GS was Crawford - who did score 50 earlier in the season - but Crawford opened with 1 for 7. So to say we beat a team we are suppose to beat - forget it. We beat a team that had no business playing an NBA game. Not worth mentioning this one.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It looks like the championship will have to come through DET again as the Piston defense turned up the heat on the leagues 2nd ranked offense and held them 16 points under their average.

First time Sharpe showed anything. I too wish he could have gotten in earlier.
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Funny you mentioned Weekend at Bernie's because that's exactly what I was thinking about when Eli Zarat said that AI was at the game but "in back" where no one could see him.

I think for the next home game they're going to go with the sweater over the back of the chair routine and keep telling us that he's in the bathroom.
  16. roscoe36

Well you know the local papers won't be bothered to even inquire about his whereabouts. If Eli says he is in the john, then "WE GOOD".
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

You think they would if we sent them the link? I'm going to check the ATL Journal Constitution tomorrow - Monday if I can.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's a good point about ATL. I'm trying to figure out who we match-up better against between BOS/CLE; normally i would say CLE, but it's kinda a toss up.
  19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well this was a much more interesting game than i expected. i saw like 5 random people i work with, which is odd because i never see anyone i know. then jmax proceeded to eat babies. then, our ticket guy gave us 'meet and greet' passes to meet one of the players after the game...sweet!! so with about 2 minutes to go we went down into the Shock locker room with a group of other people.

first, Tom Wilson came in to chat with us...which was pretty cool. he said it was nice to have a breather game for once. the next thing he said is that it is interesting that the pistons are playing better without allen iverson. he mentioned a game in chicago where we blew a 15-point lead in the 4th, and then again mentioned how we are 9-0 without allen iverson playing, and that the players seem to be having more fun on the court. with that being said, he made it a point that he still thinks the pistons need AI and is kind of wondering in hindsight why they didn't make this bench move sooner (or use it from the very beginning), saying that sometimes it's hard for AI to play with starter-level players and that they could sometimes get frustrated, but that he fits in perfectly with the bench and players who aren't looking to score. Wilson also said it's pretty much one of the strangest years he can remember, beating every division leader but losing to pretty much all of the bottom teams.

he also said that AI went to Joe yesterday and told him he would go to the bench and do whatever it took to help the team win.

so, next came in James 'Buddha' Edwards, sans fu manchu. btw, he's rather tall. he autographed an 8.5x11" picture of himself and then i got a picture of us on my camera phone, which unfortunately came out blurry. this is the part where roscoe says something about me never bringing my real camera to the game.

next Blaha came in, and my buddy mentions how he has the same suitcoat...i laughed because it was rather hideous as many of you probably saw...yellow/black? Blaha joked how it was a poor choice to wear a flannel coat with it being so warm outside...anyway i got a picture with him too (this time better quality on my buddy's camera phone).

last but not least...Walter Sharpe! lol, i figured it would be him, especially because the entire team was waiting for him to do the meet & greet before they boarded a plane to atlanta for their game tomorrow. so he came up to me and i shook his hand and said it was cool that he got playing time tonight and he said he was happy to finally get in a game. he signed his player profile page in the Pistons yearbook they gave us. my buddy took a picture with Sharpe, and it was pretty funny because he thought he closed his eyes so he made the girl who took the picture show it to him and make sure it was okay, or else they'd have to take a new one. i thought it was amusing he was so concerned about it.

we also got some excellent news about ticket prices for next year, especially for season-ticket holders. max...i think you're going to be pretty happy with what they're doing, and they said the packets should be in the mail soon.

overall...what an awesome night!! thanks to the people who work at the Palace for giving back a little to the fans (they said they do the meet & greet after every game...and also provide some cookies/beverages while you're waiting), which is pretty cool.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, that was a sorry team we played tonight. They had 4 on 1 fastbreaks twice in a row on Bynum and couldn't come away with a bucket.

Maxiell was a monster in there. Ferocious. Hard to put much on it though, since there were really no big men to oppose him.

I agree with Lee, it's not even worth it to analyze this one. They had no shot blockers. Our little bigs were dominating. Our little guard was getting to the rim at will. And on the other end of the floor, I don't think GS ever made more than 1 pass in a possession the whole game. Some serious chucking and stat hoarding going on with them.

I guess that's why I also agree with Ros, this game was all about fun and confidence. We earned this winning streak over the last 3 and now it was nice to have a light practice, break a sweat, and run some drills against this squad of lightweights.

But no matter how bad they are, we can't scoff at an actual win. We've lost to some pretty bad teams this year and it looks like we aren't going to do that anymore.