Home Golden State Warrior Sunday Jan 14 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2012.
  1. Detroit

87.5%
  2. Golden State

12.5%
  1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I'll give Austin Daye credit for at least nailing that wide open layup. Excellent recap by Alexa...outstanding.

2. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Isn't that supposed to be BG's job? Knight was doing a good job the last two games of driving in the lane and just generally being aggressive. He's the PG. It's his job to run the offense, not spot up to shoot 3s, which is basically what he was reduced to doing tonight. We don't "need" Stuck to run the point, we need him to play a role similar to Wade's. Play two guard and drive, just look to score. He's not called a scorer for nothing. He didn't even kick it back out much, if at all tonight.
    I'm with you on Daye. I'm still mad at him for playing like a fool, but it's clear his confidence is shot. I kept hoping he'd make the FTs, but alas, it was not to be. I just don't think he'll put it together enough to get any real PT, especially with IsoTayshaun out there.

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Yes, that is supposed to be BGs job...Unfortunately he left that part of his game in chicago. All he brought with him was a bank account and syphon defense.

4. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Thanks bill. :cheers:

5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I agree. He hasn't played well since he came back from taking care of that personal matter, and his defense is bad even at the best of times, but he hasn't made much of an effort there lately when he at least was at the start of the season.

6. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Mr. Cheever was hit in the face with something the mascot fires from a cannon into the stands, causing his chardonnay to splash onto his sportcoat and trousers. Not even going to get into the game itself, but that sums it up. The entire experience was an absolute shambles.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Warriors got an inspirational speech from the coach about increasing effort........so they won.
    The Pistons had history on their side........15 of last 16 games against these guys in Detroit...were victories.

So we lose.........

But at least we signed Stuckey and Tay to play for us again.........History on our side............:)

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

GS will get better and that is not saying much. However, they are very solid at many aspects of what they have. Amazingly, they have a center who we could use. He is obviously the square peg in the wholeness as being constructed by Mark Jackson. Jenkins is starting? Wow! Nate can get out of of control at times, but he creates so much for this team. Pistons please notice, this is a real PG. Good thing that they have Curry as backup. They have mature issues at the 4-5 positions, and then there is Lee. He makes as many dumb fouls as JJ. So everyone has a Piston comment about the 1-2 positions and them we see Monte Ellis. Two guard anyone? Just another lousy second round pick.

9. max

max All-Star

Are you serious?

From what I know of GS they do not have a lot of talent but they are coached very well and play as a team. Good passing, looking for the best option and taking it. We can learn a lot from them. Would have been better to learn winning but it was not to be.

Looked like Monroe was starting to force his shots. I recall him talking about letting the game come to him last game - not in this one. They played beautifully last game - setting picks, screens, - not in this one.

3-10 ouch! That was big. 4-9 and you are thinking couple more wins and we are back in it. But 3-10

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The PG can hit 3's when the ball comes back to him, ala Chauncey. That model works fine because the 3 is usually not forced until other better options are explored.

11. max

max All-Star

I meant our won loss record is now 3-10

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

In the poll, how come Woody was the only genius who figured that the Charlotte victory was a possible fluke and we still had work to do?.

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Boneheaded move of the night -> David Lee commits two dumb fouls and fouls out of the game with sufficient time left on the clock to catch up with Golden State. And Frank decides to exploit this opportunity by GOING SMALL BALL, and having Knight-Gordon-Stuckey-Prince-Monroe finish the game. Gordon wasn't doing anything and neither was Prince. Swap one of those out with Big Ben, or Maxiell or heck even JJ and we have a shot.

JJ's post defense is terrible. He gets backed down easily by bigger guys and he NEVER jumps to contest a shot, probably for fear of picking up a foul, and the guys just keep shooting over him. JJ is being wasted at the 4.

Monroe is the sole bright spot. I keep voting for him in the All-Star ballot even though Howard is a lock for East center.

14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Woody is getting up there. He probably thought he was voting on a Red Wings game....

15. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

This is great stuff....please keep it coming.

16. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Greg Monroe with another solid game... dude is playing like an all-star right now. Stat of the day - Monroe was 62% on FTs last year, and is currently shooting 84% after a 13/14 game yesterday. I've never seen a player improve in so many ways from one year to another - no sophomore slump for Greg.

All that ball movement we saw against Charlotte was gone as Detroit went back to its lazy iso offense. To be fair, Prince had a good game this way, and it probably helped Lee foul out, but as was pointed out, they failed to exploit it. I think we all agree that against teams with a big guy like Lee, they need someone better than Jerebko to match up with him. Too bad they're going to keep staring Prince at the 3, because Stuckey/Knight/Jerebko/Monroe/Wallace would be a really good, balanced staring lineup, and Prince, Gordon, Daye, Maxiell, and Jerebko would all be excellent options off the bench.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree about Monroe's improvement. Jerebko starting or coming off the bench?

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

@ linwood:

Do you STILL feel that Hooper is a top 5 NBA Mascot?
    If you do, you should fork over some cheddar for Mr. Cheever's dry cleaning bill.
    I can only hope that Hooper had someone bring the Cheevster a new glass of vino.
    ...makes me sick.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Daye was positive for the game. Even with missing his shots, he is still so much a better basketball player than most out there. Just want to mention this again - the game coach decided to pull Daye out of the rotation several days ago - Daye had missed his 3 shots, but he was plus 8 for that game.

We need a coach to support Daye, and let him play. He will shoot out of that slump.

As a couple have pointed out, JJ is useless as played. He had one good defensive sequence in this game, to a countless number of bad ones. He is in no way shape or form an NBA starting power forward. His complete inability to play that position means the whole team has to basically drop what they should be doing in a vain attempt to help him out.

Monroe's free throw shooting is schockinly better. At every trip to the line though, I am still thinking he'll revert. Nope. Must be practicing like crazy - good for him.

Start: Knight, Daye, JJ, Ben Wallace, Monroe

Bench: Stuckey, (Knight or Daye), Tay, JMAX, Macklin

3 on deep bench: Gordon, Bynum, Wilkins

Always in street clothes: CV

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is 4-11 Stuckey's best shooting game of the year?

I only watched parts of this game during commercials in the football game. I couldn't bring myself to pull up the recording later on.

David Lee is an undersized PF yet he bullied JJ around easily.

I thought that Udoh kid looked pretty good. He's bouncy.

Austin Daye will turn it on the last 3 games of the year giving everyone hope as he heads into "AustinTime" aka the Summer League and preseason.

Stay strong Mr. Cheever, we're all pulling for you. Maybe a new dishwasher will turn things around for you and your trousers?

BallDon'tLie likes this.