Home Golden State Warrior Sunday Jan 14 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 15, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2012.
  1. Detroit

87.5%
  2. Golden State

12.5%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I was automatically gonna go with Golden State, but found out that Kwame Brown is out indefinitely.
    I figured against our guys.........he'd become that special player.
    He enjoys hacking so much that I expect him to do a cough syrup commercial one day.

Anyways........Pistons by 9
  3. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

As a part of my work, I'm showing a client, Mr. Cheever, a good time around town and will be in attendance at the Palace tonight.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons. GS played last night (and lost by 12 to the Bobcats!). This game seems like a Charlie Garbage special. 6PM start at home, bad team (I'm guessing) and Mr. Cheever in the house.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think by the time this one is over Mr. Cheever will be shouting "Deetroit Basketballl" and putting a few 10 dollar beers on the expense account. I think the Pistons will give him a good show. I say the Pistons will be down by a deuce with 2 and 20 left in the third...Charlie comes in and starts raining threes...the Pistons pull away and win it.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Is today January 14 in Canada?
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No Curry, I see a big Knight. Pistons by 10.
  8. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Wilkens, Will and Charlie all out for tonight's game.
  9. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Possible trade?
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  10. linwood

linwood All-Star

basketbills likes this.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Close game after the first quarter. Even without the awesome power of Charlie, Will, and Dominique Wilkins' Nephew, the Pistons are in this one.

Mr. Cheevers must be pleased.
  12. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

We're doing well! Fingers crossed we can keep this going!
  13. BillLaimbeer

Austin Daye is still pretty useless out there. Has he had one good game yet this year?

With today's 0-for-4 shooting, he is now at 9-for-48 FG on the year at an 18% rate.
  14. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Real tough luck on us tonight... so unlucky :(
  15. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

As for Daye, I cant remember seeing him drain a single 3 this year
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons blow 4 pt half time lead with lackluster effort in the second half. Defense was two steps slow, Stuckey took to many shots, Daye was afraid to shoot and when he did it clanked. Playing every other game is not going to help the kid's confidence. JJ got in foul trouble again and played only half the game, so his effectiveness in Charlotte appears to have been left in North Carolina.

Once again Monroe was Mr. Consistency doing his best to keep the Pistons in it. No real help on the boards tonight as the Warriors seem to get to all of the loose tips and the combo of David Lee and Monta Ellis were able to take care of business without the assistance of injured Steph Curry.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Daye is 0-13 so far this including the three misses tonight. He has no confidence in it. He does his Tay fake and then passes the rock to someone else.
  18. BillLaimbeer

Tay fake...I like it. It's kind of like in gymnastics when you can have a move named after you. Years from now, an NBA player will make a slow, useless pump fake, and the announcer will, without pausing, call it a "Tay fake."
  19. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Austin Daye is so useless, I can't believe I thought I saw any improvement with him. His defense was Will Bynum-like out there, and if he wasn't bricking shots he was turning it over. Lock him down on the bench already.

Hate Stuckey at PG. Hate it. Why Frank had him running the point with Brandon out there is beyond me. Him and Tay calling for the ball and running isotayshauns killed us. This guy just has not shown any improvement. His jumper is still suspect, he still can't finish, and I especially hate how he lazily walks the ball up the floor and allows the defense to get set which results in a hurried shot with 3 seconds on the shot clock. He just keeps showing off his poor court vision and yet time and time again tonight I see him either "play point" or call for the ball so he can run an isotayshaun/drive the lane and get blocked/shoot off his 'hey!' to get a call/generally slow our offense down to a crawl. Pissed me off so much I nearly killed my mouse.

Knight needs to stop deferring to Stuck and Tay out there. Be aggressive, don't settle for outside jumpers. He's a team's future at PG, so let him run the team, for good or ill. Lord knows Stuck will never be any good for that.

Tayshaun is rocketing up my hate list quickly. He, like Stuck slow the offense down to a snail's pace, and this team just isn't built to constantly play at that pace, and it sucked what energy there was at the Palace away. Also, he refuses to pass the ball to Knight when he gets the rebound. I counted at least 5 times when he'd get the board, ignore BK and run isotayshauns after he crosses half court. He had one costly one with two minutes left in the fourth where he completely ignored Greg and threw up a shot that got swatted leading to a fast break bucket for Golden State. Last 5 minutes of Milwaukee all over again. Four more years! Ugh.

Greg's scoring was once again on point, but he had two very costly fouls on Monte Ellis late in the fourth that really hurt us.

JJ got in foul trouble again, and Frank had Tayshaun "Iso" Prince play PF with Brandon/BG at PG and SG, and Stuck at the 3. They needed his energy out there, and without him they got outrebounded even more and the team outside of Greg and Brandon just looked slow and uninterested.

BG - "...."

Max - See above.

Golden State - I repeat, Golden State! who got beat by the team we just blew out two nights ago were doing chest bumps at half court. Fourth Quarter Collapse returns. If it were against a team that was any good, we'd probably be talking about another blowout loss.

Is it just me or does it sometimes feel like there's a competition behind the scenes and "the vets" aka Tay and Stuck are trying to be the stars? Especially with the team looking more and more like Greg's team instead of Tay's or Stuck's.
    Mogilny, roscoe36, Nemo and 1 other person like this.
  20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

al, I know we all want BK to run the point all the time, but if hes running the point...who is setting up to shoot the 3s?....the way I see it we need stuck to run the point cause unlike BG he can actually get some penetration and force the defense to commit, which allows him to hit our only 3 pt threat(BK). I do however agree that we got in real trouble when GM went to the bench and when he came back into the game, we were down double digits and they didnt even look to him in the post. I think in the final 8 minutes he got the post feed 3 times. Not nearly enough in my opinion.
    I was probably the only one, but when Daye got bailed out on that drive and got to the line I was prayin he hit them and was able to see the ball go through the hoop, hoping he could get the monkey off his back. He is really having a hard time and this is when he needs a good pg to really set him up a few times to get rythm.