Golden State Dec. 16th, 12:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 15, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

D4E,Dre,Lee - thanks for the writeups. I missed the game and for some reason it did not record. You are all I have to go by.

Some game to miss. Looks like Amir is forcing himself some PT. Yes I do think the fans would be very excited about seeing a nice young talented prospect like Amir getting some serious PT.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two cents...

- Slowly this team is falling out of love with the three. It's not longer the answer to every offensive problem.

- Dice is better starting. He's rebounding more in traffic, and he's calling for the ball in the post, taking it to the defense rather than taking what they give him. Don't know if he would maintain that aggressiveness if he went back to the bench.

- Flip was wearing the ugliest tie I've even seen today.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

???? what was I thnking....could have sworn there were only 27 days in February...I guess i got up to early to watch this game @ 9:30 AM LOL:sssh:
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And it's really good to play West coast teams starting at 12:30.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The warriors body clocks were still on west coast time (9:30) AM) and to top it off, they played Friday night in LA and then flew to Detroit on Saturday afternoon Good scheduling by the NBA...Baron Davis is probably just now waking up.....
  6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Thats funny

DETROIT 109, GOLDEN STATE 87: Pistons pound Warriors inside, win easily

:hoops:
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't think I have much to add. I loved AJ and AA with extended minutes. I also have to say, I really like Croshere. That's a very smart basketball player whose mind is ahead of the body. If he had a bit more athleticism, he could've been a star in this league. Warriors were off from the beginning and never really in the game.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Think about what that play reveals about Afflalo's character.

He's getting an opportunity, but probably not as much PT as he wants or thinks he deserves. He's on a fastbreak with no defense back and he can obviously take it himself with zero resistance. Instead, he looks behind him, waits for his big, and gives it to him so that the crowd can see a show. AA is a team player with maturity beyond his years.

Too bad Maxiell couldn't repay him by giving him an assist in the box score.
  9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Just got thru watchin the game! Started kinda spooky , but ended up real fun! Tay finally got his groove on in the 2nd and he seems to play better with max on the floor. This is why my new Piston starters would be:

F- AMIR
    F- MCDYESS
    C- SHEED
    G- BILLUPS
    G- HAMILTON

BENCH:
    PRINCE
    MAX
    AFFLALO
    STUCKEY
    BREZEC
    HAYES

HVC TIME:
    HUNTER
    HERRMANN

RIP:
    MURRAY

Also, that missed max dunk was 'per-cious'!! It was a terrible camera angle, but the bench reaction (led by Sheed) was hilarious!:pound:The look on Brahma X's face going back to the bench was priceless/ But he HAS truly become a force!

Good win....17-7 Bring on the Lepracuans!
  10. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

For those of you who didn't get to see the game (like myself, no cable - - I'd rather not watch television than give comcast one more penny and I have too many trees for the dish)

There is an excellent highlight reel over at needforsheed.com that includes Amir dunks, JMax blocks and dunks, and the aforementioned towel throwing.
  11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Here's a fun recap from the big Warriors blog. Those guys aren't too keen on the Palace fans (they always refer to them as "barbarians" since the Artest brawl), but they sure do appreciate JMax. Interesting point about how the Pistons have kept finding really talented big men in the past few years--with all the complaining we do about Amir not playing and not having a real center since Ben left, it does give you some perspective to see the Warriors fans jealous over what the Pistons do have, since GS has barely had any legitimatelly talented traditional 4s or 5s in over a decade.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Did anyone see Nellies qoutes on the game. He made some excellent points that we wish Flip would get. He knew his starters were not bringing it, he figured that could happen as a result of the scheduling, figured why wear them out and you have a game the next day, said that his bench needed the mins anyway, gave him a great chance to allow his young guys to play. SMART GUY!!!!! Not that we could ever, ever, ever, ever deal with Nelly as Pistons fans, but I do wish Flip would take a page out that book in ref to that game.
  13. mikhail1973

Flip's playbook is so big that there is no space left to add pages from Nellie's book, or anything else useful. :pound:
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I think Flipper did that against the Lakers. The fact is that for most games that we have lost this year, except for the Lakers and maybe one or two others at the most, we have had a chance to win them well into the fourth quarter.

When we were blown out early on the road against the Lakers Flipper even played Cheikh.

:hoops:
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude I remember that game being tied in the 4th qtr before Farmar started turning us over like pancakes, maybe I'm wrong though. I just Flip would have had this mentality against Memphis, meaningless game to say the least. In those comments it seems as if Nellie understands how to use today for the development of the bigger picture, and Flip doesn't.
  16. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

I just read the write up it was pretty good but the comments left by the fans screams out that golden state fans are jealous of us pistons fans for having a good team...so jealous that they attack the city because they wish they had the team.For all the faults the pistons have im glad that Detroit is attached to the name I wouldnt have it any other way.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

They had a few legit points concerning the Pistons fans. Oracle is much louder than the Palace these days. They asked has the crowd ever willed their team to a victory and the answer is yes&no. When Ben was here and our Mantra was "Goin to work", we did it alot. Now with the Flip regime, the palace crowd is not as inspired as they used to be.

Oh and another thing, how and the heck can they talk about the urban problems of Detroit?? Last time I checked GoldenState was a Bay Area team, and the Bay Area is not just expensive San Fran, it also includes Oakland....Oakland is indeed the Detroit of the west coast. Oaklanders should in no means what-so-ever throw stones, since they live in a glass house.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I was listening to Serious radio for 2 hours waiting for them to do the recap...never happened.
  19. mikhail1973

Oakland, while definitely having issues of its own, is by no means as bad as Detroit is, although quite overpriced. Having said that, it has nothing to do with the ball game. Also, Oracle arena is quite a bit smaller than The Palace and the ceiling sits lower, so it doesn't take as much to fill it up with noice.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nothing to add, I just added comments to my post. Lets see how this works.