Game 6 At Chicago May 17th, (time) TBD, ESPN

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 15, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah I think homeboy Mike Tirico really wanted a Piston victory, but with Hubie Brown by your side as your color man, even George Blaha would appear to be pulling for the Bulls:laugh:
  2. max

max All-Star

I am very proud of the way the Pistons stepped up in the 2nd half and put this series away. Lot of reason not to do it with all the bad calls and whatnot but they got it done.

Looks like Skiles final adjustment was to run the ball up and take shots as quickly as possible. Could have backfired by causing them to rush and miss their shots and not be in a good position to rebound.

I watched the game on WB20. It was the final broadcast of the season. Blaha is moving over to radio for the rest of the post-season.
  3. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

w00t!!!

one word for my recap: sheed!!!!!!
  4. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

All I can say is it's about time they got serious and put their game face back on to stay. I was having relapses of last year.

And kudos to the X man!
  5. Sanddunes

Sanddunes First Round Draft Pick

Interesting comments about Webber by Rosen

FOX Sports on MSN - NBA - Wallace, Pistons rev it up in second half

"While Webber's numbers turned out to be halfway decent — 2-6 from the field, 9 rebounds, one assist on a brilliant drop pass to Rip Hamilton, zero turnovers, and 9 points — he was more of a hindrance than a help.
    If he was eager to post up the much shorter Andris Nocioni, he wanted no part of trying to maneuver for a scoring opportunity against Ben Wallace (a catch and instantaneous pass-out was as close as he came to attacking Big Ben).
    C-Webb missed an easy layup.
    In defending Brown in the low post, he stumbled and fell slowly to the floor.
    C-Webb missed another easy layup.
    Rather than bang bodies when Big Ben posted him, he gingerly slapped at the ball and was happy to be called for a quick foul. Then he was cited for a lane violation as Wallace bricked a free throw. (Wallace also missed the bonus shot.)
    He failed to box out Brown on several occasions.
    He scored his only buckets on a tip-in and on a clumsy flip-shot from 10 feet in front of the hoop that banged hard off the glass before falling dead through the net.
    He was late on the vast majority of his defensive rotations. No wonder Antonio McDyess played the entire fourth quarter while Webber assumed the one function that suited him best: Being a cheerleader from the bench".

Will Webber be better in the conference finals (without Ben)? :confused:
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. Taco John

Taco John First Round Draft Pick

Against the Nets, probably. Again, defensively, he's not going to be matched up on a real post threat. Offensively, he can work on Collins, Boone, Uncle Cliffy, Mikki Moore, whoever. I would pencil him and Rasheed in for a minimum of 25 points a night, if they're not both in double figures every night against that group I would be embarrassed.

Against the Nets, I'm not so sure. Defensively he won't want to bang with Big Z, and Gooden has the quickness to really both him, as does Varejao. Of course, who then guards Rasheed? His value will be in his passing against that team.
  8. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

No question. The Bulls high-energy fronting-the-post D really took him out of the series. Against Cleveland, he'll be facing the even slower-footer (than Webber) ilgauskas, so he should have a good series.

With the nets, it will depend on who guards him. I think he can take Mikki Moore, but Collins is a very good defender.
  9. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Then who will guard Sheed?

And Collins does it with Position and Power, which Webber can handle, unlike what Ben/Tyrus did to him.

And Webber can drag him to the mid/high post and dribble drive.
  10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Skiles doing a bass impersonation... Priceless.
  11. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

For the life of me I can't find a quote I've been searching for (I mean Lexis Nexis searching, not just googling). Anyway here is the paraphrase to the best of my memory:

Dumars reported having a sit-down with Rasheed after he traded for him. Dumars said he didn't want Rasheed to lose his passion while playing but drew a line in the sand. One technical, fine. But two techicals was crossing the line. Dumars said something like you can even dance on that line but we need you to not cross over it and get ejected.

Last night was the best dancing Sheed's ever done on that line and I'm not talking about cutting loose to Donna Summers' in the locker room.

I really love having a player on the team that everyone else loves to hate.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great post Crastinator. I looked for the article but the web is a very temporary place.

Here is an NBA.com video that I liked.

Detroit's Big Second Half
  13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

great part at 1:43 in that video, tay goes to post up and draws 4 bulls' defenders, then drains the jump hook like it's nothing