1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Flip's Doghouse?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by basketbills, Sep 27, 2005.

1. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

It's pretty obvious that LB had a doghouse....I mean how long will it be before Jamal Crawford and Tim Thomas end up in it? But what about Flip Saunders? Back when Bobby Jackson was with the Wolves here is how he got in Flip's doghouse..

Moments after the officials have granted Minnesota's request for a time-out, Bobby Jackson nonchalantly flips a shot toward the hoop on his way to the sideline. Bad idea. In the Wolves' huddle, coach Flip Saunders abruptly signals for Terrell Brandon to take Jackson's place. Jackson sulks his way toward the end of the bench, his deflated gait and disbelieving scowl spinning the scene into a passive-aggressive protest.

That put Jackson in the doghouse. All right no goofing around or sulking allowed but I wonder how Flip feels about PS2?

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I can't really say anything because I don't know too much about Flip, but if I take a guess I would say that dupree would get benched. The guy did great in Chicago, but not here for some reason.

3. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Odd man out

It has to be Dupree. I won't say that he didn't do well in Detroit because I just don't think he got much of a shot either. I thought Ronald was a good "energy" guy. He crashed the boards hard and even poured in 20 pts in a late season game where he got a shot. Dupree is an "opportunistic" scorer. They don't run plays for him. He scraps for what he gets. Dupree is mostly likely the odd man out but I can't say it's because of his play. He just isn't a high "potential or skill" player. He is just a "blue-collar" worker type.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't know that Dupree will be in the doghouse as much as "odd man out".

It will be interesting to see if Flip has a dog house. His reputation for managing personalities is not the strongest. From the little I could ascertain, it seems that he uses PT as the stick and carrot. If a guy doesn't meet his expectations, PT suffers as he is unafraid to go deep to the bench.

A lot of stuff I am interested to see play out this year. I hope Flip is the second coming of Daddy Rich.

5. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Hmmm....

Nobody has to be in anybody's doghouse. I mean, to be in the coach's doghouse you'd have to do something wrong or really miff him off.

Dupree is a good guy and I hardly think he'd be in a anybody's doghouse unless he turns all Carmelo-against-Detroitish against everybody.

He might be benched or left off the roster but he won't be in the doghouse. :p

6. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Dupree

And I think they aren't running plays for him because he isn't playing much. It's not really a lack of offensive skill and opportunistic scoring, because everybody is an opportunistic scorer given the opportunity, it's really more that he doesn't get the time to show what he has.

He did that a bit in Chicago and in last year's camp. Maybe he was just one of LB's casualties as Darko was. We don't know. :laugh:

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You know what. You're right since we have a new coach we don't know a lot of what's going to happen this season. I guess we'll just have to sit, and wait.

8. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Speaking of Dupree

If he gets sent packing and Delfino goes in there and screws the pooch, I'll be extremely pissed off. Dupree's got heart. Delfino is the Tin Man, especially on D. Delfino is clearly more talented. No debate there. But gimme a tough guy with heart any day. Like the Hick from French Lick. Least talented superstar in history. The ultimate scrapper. As much as I wince every time I see Isiah throw that ball away (toward his own basket when Detroit had timeouts left), it was an incredible play by Bird.

9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I feel you on that one...

I'm a fan of Dupree as well. He just hasn't had a chance to put up meaningful minutes. I don't think he's done anything to lose a spot on this team...Delfino just has a much bigger upside for the Pistons.