Flip Just Went In My Dog House

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 3, 2005.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Quoting from tomorrow's Det News Flip says:

"Teams that made consistant runs in this league, they have all had their teams together for a while," Saunders said.

"You look back at the old Chicago teams, (I guesss he means with Jordan and Pippen), the old Lakers teams (I guess he means with Magic, Worthy, Kareem et al.) the old Celtics (I guess he means with Bird, McHale, Parish et al), they all had their core group together. The key is stability."

Geez the new Piston coach can't even mention the old Pistons; i..e Bad Boys.

He is now in my dog house until he barks his way out.
  2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I liked the rest of that article. It sounds like we'll be the same defensively, and much better offensively, and we'll be deeper. Plus unlike other teams we've already started getting back to work.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Jeesh, I wonder when this guy is going to figure out that he took a job in DETROIT! Give him some time though..he will learn.
  4. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

true true, but you all must admit that might be one of the more informative offseason reports by Mcoskey. It sounded like he may have actually went out to do some reporting.
  5. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

we won back to back titles yes.... but

We didn't have runs as long the three teams he mentioned who won titles over a longer period then we did. I think he is trying to make us something special, which is what Dumars is also trying to do, make us an elite team every year for a long long time like the lakers and celtics of the 80's and the bulls of the 90's. He didn't mention the rockets either who won back to back titles thanks to MJ taking his baseball break.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Flip

I don't have a problem with Flips comments. We weren't a dynasty like the Bulls, Lakers or Celtics. Back to back is impressive, but not on the same level.

Honestly, I don't care what Flip thinks about Pistons teams from a decade ago, I care about what he can do with the team now.
  7. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

If Flip and Joe help the players make this team a dynasty then we can overlook the deletion of the Bad Boys in his comments.Like Jam said back to back is impressive but I'd take 4 to 5 titles(or more I'm greedy) over a decade.
  8. max

max All-Star

Diss?

I think not mentioning the Pistons is not a hanging offense.
    Flip mentioned the Bulls ( 6 titles ) and the Lakers (3) Celtics (3).

If he had mentioned the Rocketts ( 94-95) and not the Pistons who also won 2 straight then I can see.

Keep in mind the old Pistons went down pretty fast after the 2nd title. Three years later they were the 2nd worst team in the league.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Good points. Does an NBA finals appearance count as 2 1/2? :)
  10. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know we got screwed out of that 3rd title remember guys?? Phantom foul on Laimbeer.

I would not go as far as to say were a dynasty but we were a darn good ball club. We had a good team for like 5 years. After we won the second title the team was dismantled and the age and injuries caught up with us. Flip seemed like he was refering to teams that won 3 titles or more.
  11. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Conference Finals

We were in the conference finals 5 straight years. How many of those "dynasties" can say that?