Fight Thread !!

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by TheeTFD, Nov 2, 2005.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

AH, if someone could be so kind as to keep us posted on the fights. Not so much the blow by blow but the winner and losers would be fine. AH, thank you very much.
    :director: --was there any good fights?"

Nice to see Shanny bringing the venom.:boxing:

Pistons better watch out--MMMajor in-town competition.:fencing:

Now if we could just get some manhood from the LIONS. :rain:
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Good article in the News, about fighting, it's way down, 1/2 as much as last year. More fines. $10k to the coach. So you know he's not going to pay for it. Or will he resort to it, if his team is getting iced? Tie Domi got hit in the face. Always good to hear. I don't even know if I like the idea K. Oliwa might be out in polite society. He was released. Or unleashed.
  3. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

So far, I've seen Shanny drop the gloves twice, and won both of them, but that was in the first few games.

I think the guy the other teams should fear would be Fischer. 6'5" ~ 230 Lbs.

He's got a mean streak in him that has been slowly coming out as he develops and gets used to the NHL game. He scrummed a little with Barnaby after Barnaby fell (or, actually Fischer shoved him) onto Legace the other night. For a small guy, Barnaby held his own.

A few years ago, Fischer got his ACL messed up on a pretty dirty hit. He was out for almost an entire season.

In the mean time, McCarty, Shanny, and Kocur took time off to teach Fischer how to fight. He's one of the biggest guys on the ice, and he didn't know how to fight. Was made to look silly by a few smaller guys early in his career.

So, the following season, Fischer is back and healthy. And they run into the same team that they were playing when he got injured. The guy who injured him...sorry, I can't remember who it was... pulled a cheap shot on the Wings' goalie...

Big Fischer attacked!!!

Flew over there, held the guy up with one hand, and nailed him with a overhand punch right on top of his head with the other. The guy started to crumple, so Fischer picked him back up and drilled him again in the same spot, with the same big overhand swing. The guy started to go down again and Fischer picked him back up, and drilled him again with the same punch!

The refs skated in to stop it, and Fischer just dropped him like a sack of potatoes, and he slumped onto the floor.

That's one of my favorite fights ever. Wasn't really a fight, more like revenge. Revenge for an entire season of rehabbing and training to get back into game shape.

Find the guy that injured you, and beat the crap out of him. Awesome.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

WoW! However it's not smart to push a guy down on your goalie.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

1-11,-06 FIGHT NITE in the NBA and NHL.
    Keyon Dooling of the Magic and Ray Allen of the Sonics had an eblowing cession that turned into a wrestling match at the scorers table then some shots being thrown. After the ejections Dooling tried to get to Allens locker room.
    ...Blue Jackets and Penquins: Multible scrumbs. Quins were getting their asses kicked on the scoreboard so they tried to get their asses kicked fight style. Crosby the Quins star rookie tried to get some. Odelein and Odellet [what are the odds of 2 guys on the same team having "Odel" as prefixes in their names?] got in some shots but all in all the Jackets handled them fine. The Quins looked small.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

works for me, rashard lewis lit it up for my fantasy team while the other guy's allen stunk since he didn't have any minutes :D
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It sounds like McDonald is our enforcer/protector. The Ducks tried to send a message to the Wings last game. Wings won the game but it was chippy.
    -
    So, are we set for some chippy playoff action? Can McDonald handle the dirty work?
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lanny McDonald?

[​IMG]
  9. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Parker McDonald ???
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I was hoping this thread would give us the chance to fight with each other. Seems pretty civil in here though.
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    Melrose gave me the impression he could fight.:)
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

13. roscoe36

14. roscoe36

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Probie was a good sport...he usually tried to keep his opponent from falling to the ice. :D
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

He was just too strong and durable. And both hands worked.
    -
    P.S. he only held you up til he gave you what you deserved. None of this "one good shot and turtling sissy stuff." But he wasn't evil, after he was done he would let you go.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Following the 2004-05 lockout, fighting fell significantly in the NHL as the league tried to clean up its image.
    But that approach appears to be changing.
    The number of regular-season fights increased from 466 in 2005-06 to 664 last season, according to data compiled by hockeyfights.com.
    "I've never seen a fan leave the building yet when there was a fight going on," said former Wings coach Nick Polano, a pro scout for the Senators.
    At the current rate, there will be more than 920 fights this year.
    "Fighters fight for so many different reasons," McCarty said. "Early in the season, tough guys who switch teams want to establish themselves for their new team. They want to show that, 'I'm here for you guys.'
    "I think if it continues through Christmas, that's something to keep an eye out for. Then you can really say, 'It's up.' "
    -
    From the DetNews ^^^
    -
    Looks like Hossa will be our pseudo enforcer.
  18. roscoe36

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

FIGHT THREAD????

Oh I thought this was a discussion about getting rid of those strings on your clothes!! Sorry...................
  20. detteam

detteam All-Star

'sokay SKOOL. Go on back to your mamby-pamby WWE or WWF or whatever it's called :bath1:

:D