Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Sep 24, 2013.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maybe DetTeam is actually a robot.... :plane:
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Not a robot. A terminator. Programmed by Skynet to eliminate all opponents in the hockey and advanced basketball leagues this season

[​IMG]
    Darth Tater likes this.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You came too damned close to stealing my football trophy too, Arnold!
  4. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Those damm MSU guys are so sneaky.

The fact that the MSU basketball team is tanking at a bad time must be causing Detteam
    to take it out on us.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Ah'll be back for you at the B1G tournament
  6. Darth Tater

The Commissioners thoughts at the end of the regular season:

I did not enjoy the season very much. I just was not interested. My team sucked but I felt most of our team sucked.

In the end, only 15 wins separated first place from last place. Junior started out for the first two thirds of the season a head and shoulder above the rest. But then he cooled off and eventually was blown out the last three out of four weeks of the season and ended up in third place. Mikhail was in the pack playing lousy like the rest of us all season but then exploded three of the last four weeks and ended up in first place.

My team ended up in fourth place out of eight. I'm amazed I made the playoffs I hardly put any effort into the team at all.

What are you, you complained for years that we put fantasy hockey on ice literally and figuratively. Then you go and get blown out by Laimbeer the last week and find yourself out of the playoffs. I believe you were in the playoffs until the final day. Better luck next time. It's a good thing you are Methuselah and will live forever because it may be a long time before we do hockey again. You may need to rally people to get interest in doing another late.

My team was bad as it was. Unfortunately for me , this week I lost the two guys who were playing the best for me. I was having fun with the leak the last two weeks because I liked watching the close race. It got my competitive juices flowing. I even started hoping that somehow I would get lucky and take the bronze medal. No way that happens now.

I put the three goalie games minimum rule in the league. I'm not sure but I think it was the default in Yahoo. I also think we've used it and pretty much every league I've ever been. It burned me twice. I also benefited from it twice this year. I think that was unusual because I don't believe it ever affected any of my weeks been once in previous seasons. How did it work out for everyone else?

Detteam the rookie got a bye. Mikhail grabbed the other one.

Junior, myself, Jammer, and Laimbeer got the remaining playoff spots.

Rax (a rookie ?) and Woody missed the playoffs. But just barely.

My predictions (these things are always way off) for fun are as follows:

Qualifying round:

Mediocre Jammer over crappy Darth

Lousy Senior over slumping Junior

Semifinals:

Mikhail over jammer

Detteam over Laimbeer

Mikhail over Jammer

Finals:

Mikhail over Detteam.

So the only upset I'm picking is Laimbeer over junior and jammer over me both in the qualifying.

However I could see Jammer upsetting to Mikhail in the semis.

And I could see Detteam upsetting Mikhail in the final if they are both there.

Of course crazy things happen and who knows what role luck will play in these games. Besides we are also close anyhow it's a crapshoot.

I don't expect Laimbeer and I to get a medal of any sort but the other four teams I think all have a shot.

To these predictions Laimbeer and I will get the gold and silver.:greenapple:

As I said, even though these last couple weeks were fine, I will be really glad when this is over. Good luck to everyone. We will need it.:chopper::ner-ner:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth (4) surprisingly knocks off Jammer (5) 9-5 I predicted wrongly.

Bill (6) upsets Junior (3) 9-6. I correctly predicted that one.

Both winners advance to the medal round. Will wonders never cease?

Darth (4) vs. Mikhail (1) Mikhail will kill me. He's red hot.

Bill (6) vs. Detteam (2) I think this will be really close. I can easilysee an upset but I will go with Detteam in a close one.

That would leave the best two teams to battle for gold. And leave the bronze for Bill and I to fight over. I did not expect to make the playoffs let alone win one round.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  8. Darth Tater

Detteam clobbers Laimbeer and plays Mikhail ( who barely squeaked by me) for gold. Will Detteam finally shed his bridesmaids gown?

I play Laimbeer for an easy bronze.:third: This will be fun.:stooges::stooges::stooges::stooges:

Woody, starting a league is as simple as pushing one button so don't use the excuse that you can't do it. You don't even need to choose special settings. All you need to do is advertise and get six people.
    Nobody will remain to complain about settings since YOU are commissioner. :lol:

If you DONT ask for advice and it's offered follow one rule of thumb previous commissioners have learned. THAT is to tell them to kiss your ARSE!! :fight2:
  9. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice attitude, Darth!!

I've appreciated your kind leadership and hands-off style all season.
    jammertime and roscoe36 like this.
  10. Darth Tater

Laimbeer why won't you respond to my private messages? I responded to your from Sunday which said "Dear Drath, I know you kicked my butt all season with the exception of the time you were short one goalie game, so I am begging you to give me a break. Could you sit a couple of your players and act like it was an oversight? You don't need a bronze after kicking everyone's butt in football and winning the gold. Please. Please. Drath, let's just keep this between us, ok? I promise to call you Darth instead of Drath from now on."

Just in case you really did not get a response I will put it here so you cannot miss it." Dearest Bill, my good old friend. It is embarrassing the way you are groveling right now. I'm not sure how your team got in the playoffs but I need to be honest with you. Your team sucks. There is no hope for you. You may as well give up for you embarrass yourself further. PS if I could sit my guys I would. But the lineup is locked. I just want to make myself clear. Your team sucks!!! My team is better. Stop your whining. Your friend always, Drath"
    roscoe36 likes this.
  11. BillLaimbeer

I got six or seven private messages from you but they all contain pictures of you wearing women's underwear. Please refrain.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  12. Darth Tater

Sheesh. Don't be ungrateful. I know you asked for pictures of me with no underwear and only in my birthday suit but modesty prevailed. So I did the best I could. I suppose you'll want your outfit back. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get it back but you'll be happy to know it was a hit at the Halloween party a few months ago. I will return it immediately. It looks much better on you anyhow.
  13. Darth Tater

Thanks Woody. I appreciated your support throughout the season. I'm sorry you came in LAST place.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Very classy.
  15. Darth Tater

Of, yeah Baby. I'm bending you to my will already Laimbumb!! LMAO. Are you sorry you even got in the ring with old Drathie yet??? Cry uncle. I dare you. I won't let up. Crack that whip!!

... Yep. I lead with an insurmountable 5-4 and its already .wednesday. Insurmountable. :dancingparty:Game set match for Drath. Only 5 more days and that bronze is as good as decorating my shelf. Woohoo.

:bs:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

Drath, how many times now have you gone to check your roster after I have sent you a fake message telling you that one of your key players is injured?

[​IMG]
    Darth Tater likes this.
  17. Darth Tater

What the??? You dirty low down scum sucking barnacle ( is that even possible?) !!!! That was my... Oh never mind. Nobody would believe me anyhow. After I lost my previous match intentionally just so I could rip your heart out when you lost the bronze to me. and THIS is the thanks I get?

YOU will pay dearly. In Hockey blood! My secret weapon the Hansen Brothers come off my bench TONIGHT.

I've already paid to have my name engraved on that trophy. Glory is MINE MINE MINE. Just for that I am going to increase my lead from 5-4 to 6-4 tonight. Muhaahaa!!

(I can play dirty when I have to and you've poked a little twig at a sleeping grizzly bear).
  18. BillLaimbeer

You better hope your NY Rangers goalie plays all 3 games this week because the Anaheim coach said he is going to continue to sit Hiller and ride the hot Frederick Anderson since they are battling for home ice. If that happens, you will forfeit all of the goalie stats and the bronze medal will be mine. It's a sad way to lose, but you've found more creative ways to lose to me in the playoffs before.
  19. Darth Tater

Red hot?? Watchoo talkin bout' Willis? Red hot?? He gave up four (4) goals last game. Oh wait... Looking at your goalie numbers One can see WHY you consider him red hot!!! The coach said no such thing. No I didn't look. I just KNOW He didn't. . ( ok maybe I peeked). Doesn't matter. Your dirty tricks won't help you against my boys.

Anyhow, did you just all but admit publicly that your bronze medal hopes rest on my getting shorted on the goalie minimum. Oh how low we've sunk. This is getting embarrassing now.
  20. BillLaimbeer

I made you look at another phony claim.

[​IMG]
    roscoe36 likes this.