Fantasy Hockey 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I did not realize the season started so soon. I'm starting a fantasy hockey league. Great timing in light of everything, HuH? LOL but I told Woody I would try to do it and my word is good. Unfortunately my memory is not so it's a last minute thing.

Jammer needs a weekly lineup so it is that.

Laimbeer wants original six names so it is that.

The forum wants commissioner approved trades so it is that. But I am telling you right now I will not he vetoing any trade for any reason. NONE. I'm not willing to work that hard and don't want the headaches and all that other stuff we've already been over.

We only have a few days till the season starts so I am going to get an auto draft since I don't think any of us know the players anyway and I will never be able to get a date that's good for everybody in this short window.

I will be using default settings for almost everything. There may be a couple of exceptions but nothing big.

So far we have

Darth -Black Hawks

Detteam- Maple Leafs

Laimbeer-Wings

Jammertime-Canadians ( I assume)

Player 5 picks between Bruins and Rangers

Player 6 left over.

I'm going to set it up now. Please if anyone can get a hold of Woody let him know because I don't want to launch this thing without him. Mikhail are you still interested in hockey?

So we need two more teams. Don't be intimidated if you do not know the players. Believe me most of us will not.. It requires little effort since you only set your lineup once a week.

Hey if I get eight or 10 people that's fine. The more the merrier. But I can't lunch with an odd number and I need at least six. We will just have to expand the names of teams available.

So I will give everyone that information as it comes.
    Hockey is the most laid-back league of before. Least this form. We've never had any issues which is great. People just don't care that much about this one but it is fun and trophies are awarded if there are at least six teams so the gold and silver will still be there for you guys.

I plan to set the auto draft for Saturday or Sunday. That does not give us much time to prepare. But I believe we are all at the same disadvantage and the Yahoo default list is pretty good at awarding players so that you have a good team. So you will not need to tweak the list that much if at all.

I think that is everything. Heading over to set up now.

Let's have fun.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I am interested. And what is it with team names? Is this any different from the regular fantasy league? And if anything, I'll take Bruins.
  3. Darth Tater

Great to have you Mikhail. The only difference might be that you set your lineup on a Sunday for the next week beginning Monday. Set it no later than SUNDAY not Monday. But it is set up just like basketball and baseball if you have played those. Football is the one that is very different.

If you haven't played anything other than football just let me know and we can explain it to you it. It's very easy but different. For some reason I thought you were in a hockey league with us before but maybe I'm wrong and misunderstood your question. Please feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

I strongly urge everyone to go over there and check out the settings. I tried to set it like the stuff we used to have but I'm not sure I got everything. I took off several categories that were dumb like the Credit for penalties. If you see anything I missed or if you see some different settings you like or don't like some that we have let me know and I will run it by Laimbeer and we'll figure it out.

So I checked that there were no vetoes allowed and commissioner approval which it seems like it contradicts each other but I will see what I can do about it. It won't matter because like I say all trades go through.
    So hoping to hear from Woody soon. That will make six But I'll gladly take eight.

Please PM me your email Mikhail and I will send you an invitation right away.

Laimbeer and Detteam please just text me your emails.

Oh I did set unlimited acquisitions per year. But it's a weekly league so I changed the number of free agents you can pick up from 4 to 6. If that doesn't make sense let me know. I can lower it or raise it. Just put your suggestions here or private message me or text me if applicable. But the process will be you suggested. I look at it and run it by Laimbeer privately. But it won't be up for League discussion. I'm trying to make it simple and fun for everyone. :)

If I am forgetting something please let me know.
  4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Oh, I've been in hockey leagues before, just that the names confused me. My email is no its way.
  5. junior

junior First Round Draft Pick 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Laim Jr. Here,

I have participated in a Fantasy Hockey League before, but never PF.com fantasy hockey.

I would like to express interest if you are looking to increase the number of teams. However, I won't be heart broken if I am the odd man out.

I surely enjoy hockey, but I do not have any advanced metrics or analytics like I do for Fantasy Baseball and Fantasy Football.

Nevertheless, I will be an active manager and have fun!
  6. Darth Tater

Ok, on the rosters, assuming we have 6 players x 16 rounds = 96 players deep... Or shallow rather.

Hockey is considerably slower , or lower scoring than the other sports so in order to increase the action, I added

2 wingers ( left or right wingers

2 forwards ( left or right wingers or Center)

1 utility ( left or right wingers or Center or Defenseman.)

Whereas we had no winger, forward, or utilities in the yahoo settings.

That will yield 5 extra players each at 6 players =30 added to the original 96 = 126. Still not so deep. Remember, if we had 10 players at 16 rounds we would go 160 deep rather than our 130.

I left the goalies at 2 X 6 = 12. So we all should have strong goalies with a good reserve one if we choose. So a 10 team league with 2 goalies and no reserves would be 20 goalies. But we would net only 12, and even with a reserve each it would still be less than 20.

I don't know any of these dudes. I recognized about 25 players names from before but I have no idea how any single player is these days. So I'm making probably one or so changes to the Yahoo default list. I'm just not up for research so I will learn and adjust on the fly.
  7. Darth Tater

Well, damn. All that Math goes out the window. Ok, so now we are looking at 8 players which is 32 more slots , junior posted one minute before me so 8 x 21 = 168.

So I removed one of the extra forwards and wingers (12 of the figures from the last round, so we will have 8 players x 19 =152 which is still not deep.

But here is the thing, I had asked my jr if in an emergency he would sub and he said sure . So if you're in I gotta give him the option... Sooooo

1darth
    2.lame sr
    3.detteam
    4. Mikhail
    5 . Jammer

For sure.

Then 6. Woody?? ? (Somebody wake him up, it would be so sad if he missed out. And I'm positive he would want in.

Then we got #7 lame jr and 8 Darth jr ( I will try to catch him before school to ask). If not, assuming we get Woody, with lame jr that is 7, so we would need to hustle quick to get an 8th to get Laim he an even number.

However, even if we have 8 others can hop aboard ( although I'm reluctant to go over 10 because the extra positions would be nice to have to add scoring.

Well it is late and this is confusing as it is, but we will work it out. :)

Right now let's assume 8 guys at 19 rounds. ( note, if we expand I will need to ask big lame if he still wants nhl team names in which case we have the entire nhl to choose from ( and my black hawks and black goalie mask go out the window for a new team.
  8. raxrets

raxrets Starter

hehehey, I want to participate....
    Darth Tater likes this.
  9. Darth Tater

Wow. Ok. Please send ur email. U 2 Laim jr

I'm just going to increase the size. This will be fun. I need yours lame jr

1 Darth
    2 Detteam
    3 Lame Sr.
    4.Jammer
    5Mikhail
    6. Lame jr
    7 Darth jr
    8 raxrets

Woody?
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  10. Darth Tater

Please keep NHL team name in the following format. If you already had a team name you are welcome to change it to any team in the NHL not already taken. However, some names may go back into the pool such as the Blackhawks did. Please be sure to use something that identifies you too like the following reserved names.

Darth's Lightning

Laimbeer's Red Wings

Jammer's Canadians
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Do you want more teams DT? I can put an ad up at the top of the forum, maybe squeeze one or two more.
  12. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope you got my message that I'm IN. AS far as a big 6 name, I would prefer Sid Abels as I've been using that for years
    and I've met him personally! And he played back when there were just 6 teams. If you can't bend the rules, that's
    O.K. :-)

Why are you doing all this in the middle of the night???
  13. Darth Tater

Consequence for falling asleep at the wheel. Had to scramble. We should be ok. Yes, I got your p. m.

Darth, lame, Detteam, junior x 2 , Mikhail, jammer,racket , methuselah,

That is 9. I don't think more than 10 would work. Just not enough good players to go around.

Please be sure to pm your email Addresses as soon as possible. We all need to be signed in by Saturday 6 PM Eastern. I plan to launch then. I don't want to wait for Sunday in case there is a log jam or yahoo has system problems.

Final Reminder... People get confused on this. ALWAYS set your lineup by SUNDAY for the next week. It locks after that for the entire week.

If you don't have much time to prepare , I would suggest at least finding out who the top injured guys are.Also really think about injuries when setting a weekly lineup.
    Ok Woody. Laimbeer doesn't care. Name your teams whatever you want everyone.
  14. Darth Tater

Sure. I'm closing it at ten players but we definitely need one more. Thanks.
  15. Darth Tater

Ok. Darth Raxrets and jammer in

Invites out to big lame, Detteam and Mikhail

And haven't received any other emails
  16. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

JIMMMEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....oh....never mind...
  17. Darth Tater

I want to keep the extra active weekly roster spots and also accommodate a larger league than first anticipated ( a good thing), so I killed a Bench position. There will be 18 rounds instead of 19.
    Centers (2)

Right Wings (2)

Left Wings (2)

Forward, utility, Winger

Defense (4)

Goalies(2)

Bench (3)

IR

18 total plus IR so we are going 180 deep.

Still looking for one more lucky person **cough victim ** to join.
  18. Woody

I tried to log on at yahoo. I guess I don't know all the ID and password requirements. Can't get on. :-(
  19. Darth Tater

Woody, when I sent the invitation it should take you right there. The only thing I can think of is you are having the same problem jammer did. He claims Yahoo canceled his account and therefore removed all of his trophies because he has not played in So long. I think he never had any trophies anyhow.

But let's pretend he is telling the truth since this is a fantasy thread. Jammer had to create a whole new account. You have not played in about two or three years I think so you may need to open a new account like jammer did.
  20. Woody

I finally remembered my old ID and guessed my password, and I'M IN.
    Now, if I can just remember how to play the game, "tatering" and other
    nefarious tricks.