Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I know. And my gut tells me to play him, but I can't against that Baltimore D. I hope he does do well though...for the Lions sake & plus I'll be able to use him next week :)
  2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Darth / #1 Pistonsfan

How did you guys do this week?

I am getting killed. My team is banged up. Ahman Green gets injured so I pick up Najah Davenport and he breaks his ankle today. I got Joe Horn who is injured so I played one of my back ups Andre Johnson and he gets injured without making a catch. This has been a rough couple of weeks.:doh:
  3. Darth Tater

Winless

That stinks that your getting blown out. It's better than what I did though, lol.

I made some crucial managing errors and it will probably cost me the game. Things could not have gone worse if I tried, lol.

Benched: RB K.Jones (17) and Dunn (11) and I started J.Jones (7...pulled early due to blowout))

Benched Dilfer (17) played Griese (7)

Benched Glenn (25!!!!) started Chambers (8...had td called back)

So basically I'm down like 5 points because the team I played also stunk it up.

Tonight my opponent has Jacksonville Def & monday they have D. Brees QB

Monday I have W.Parker RB and Randell el WR

So it's looking bad. Had I played my bench I would have won in a blowout! :mad::frusty:
  4. Winless Wonders

Darth

I hear what you are saying. I totally dropped the ball this week. I should have picked up Joe Juravicious but I just had to listen to those clowns this morning on Yahoo that said Andre Johnson was a good start that he would have a monster game today and that Juravicious would not be much value because Shaun Alexander would get 40 carries. I went against my gut that Juravicious was a sure thing for this week against a weak Rams defense. I am still kicking myself. :mad: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:
  5. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

winless / darth

I got blown back....

Two of my receivers got shut down, B. Lloyd & A. Johnson, I'm not sure they scored any points!

I still have LT but I cant expected him to score over 60....
  6. Darth Tater

Especially against Pittsburgh. :(
  7. Darth Tater

My team is falling fast and I'll be 2-4 after tonight. (Too many injuries to key players(J.Jones, Cadillac, Housmandezdah, Griese, Randell el, K. Jones). Plus my qb still stinks (T.Green).

Stinking Shaun Alexander burned me for 38 points last night. What did he have...4 touchdowns or something? Yeesh.

Anyhow, I made more changes. I dropped Dilfer, Griese, and Michael Williams.

I picked up the Detroit Defense becauseTampa has a bye next week and also acquired Josh Mccown & Mark Brunell. Hopefully that solves my QB problems. One of those two guys should continue to play well (hopefully McCown keeps the job when Warner returns).
  8. Winless Wonders

I have Shaun Alexander and he is a team by himself. :) I am very happy that I have a big lead going into tonights game but I don't know if I will win. The guy I am playing has Edge going tonight and I am up by 45 points. I have Stephen Jackson going tonight but the Colts defense has been tough this year and the the Rams defense is not all that great so Edge might have a big game.
  9. Darth Tater

Edge is gonna have to run all over Indiana tonight if he is going to get 45 points! lol. I have K. Curtis and Vanderjagt tonight, but I know I can't make up the 45 points I am down. You've got the win for sure. Don't sweat it. :)
  10. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

Wow. Edgerrin DID have a great game. 35 points in my league. You still won though! Plus Jackson did really well for you. :thumb:
  11. Winless Wonders

I won by 25 points. I got nervous there for a second. It seemed like Edge was running like he was a rookie again. :laugh:
  12. Darth Tater

If you guys have any Dolphins or Chiefs on your rosters that you are planning on playing this weekend, make sure you put them in by tonight. That game has been moved to Friday due to Wilma.
  13. Winless Wonders

Thanks Darth. I don't have any players form those teams on my roster.

This week should be very interesting. I am somewhat healthy and I have some favorable matchups at the RB position. It should be a good week.
    If not I guess I will beat my head against the wall. :frusty:

One of the guy's in my league that I am palying started talking trash saying that your my squad is stacked so the only reason you have a lossing record must be coaching. I laughed at first but I started to think about it more and I was like MAN!! He might be right. I have second guessed myself too much this season and it cost me atleast 2 games this year. I should not be 3-3. I should be 5-1.:doh:
  14. Darth Tater

Yeah, don't you hate it when your guy on the bench gets 25 points and the starter gets 8 points. I did that with like 3 guys 2 weeks ago, but it's really just luck. Don't kick yourself. It's good that your team is healthy.

My team is 2-4. I'm injury plagued. K.Jones, J.Jones, Cadillac, Houzmandzedh, and Randel El. I can barely field a squad. Griese also out.

Then my new QB (Brunell) just hurt himself in PRACTICE! And stupid Dennis Green won't tell us if he is playing Warner at QB or my other new guy (J.Mccown).

I drafted for depth but this is ridiculous.

Oh well, at least our fantasy basketball is coming up soon!! It should be an interesting learning experience for me.
  15. Winless Wonders

I am now 3-4. I have injuires everywhere!! I have stooped so low that I have picked up Az Hakim and will have to start him next week. That loser Ahman Green went right back out with the same injury that cost me a win two weeks ago. Now they are reporting he is done for the season. GREAT!!! Now I have to pick up some scrub RB that only gets to carry the ball 4 times a game.:frusty:
  16. Darth Tater

Sorry to hear that Winless. I feel for you. I'm just getting my three running back studs back. I was extremely deep (5 deep) but still have a 3 game losing streak. It's hard to find a good running back as a free agent. Maybe pick up whoever takes over for Ahman. You may need to trade. I think the trading deadline is Nov.5th in my league.

If Warrick Dunn can get me 9 points tonight I'll win and be 3-4. He has scored over 9 points in 5 of 6 games this year, and averages around 11, I think. He should reach 9 tonight too especially since Duckett won't play, but I dunno. My luck has been horrible!!!

btw....I did get lucky on QB's finally. I picked up Brunell and Mccown as F.A.'s last week. Brunell is playing like crazy! Hopefully Dunn doesn't waste it for me.
  17. Darth Tater

Tony Fisher is the backup.
  18. Winless Wonders

Yeah it looks like I may have to pick him up even though he sucks.

Now Torry Holt is hurt!! When will it end!!!:frusty:
  19. Darth Tater

It doesn't end man. I am the G.M. of the walking wounded. It only gets worse. :(

Just do your best to hang in there so you can maybe squeeze in to the playoffs at the end. You may have to make some long term sacrifices in order to win now so that you do have a chance later. If you lose 3 or 4 in a row this next month, what you do later won't even matter regardless of how well you play. Check the free agent list. Look at the next couple upcoming games to see who plays San Francisco & stuff like that. They should have some good advice about pickups today on yahoo. Grab them fast if you like em." You're in a position where you have to take chances perhaps.

I'm not sure how bad off you really are. I know you still have Alexander and a couple other guys. Maybe you can weather the storm without making moves. :rain::smow:
  20. Darth Tater

Winless Wonder

Try Marion Barber, Cowboys RB. He should be available if you act quick. They play a horrible run defense and Julius Jones almost surely won't be active.