Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

At QB, I would sit Green, and in fact, I'm playing Griese over him. Greens thrown one TD all year. I don't trust him plus his hand is a little hurt from someone stepping on it. I am not a Hasselbeck fan (after he burned me last year), but he is doing better than Green. Yes, Washington's D is good, but doesn't Philly have a good pass D? I thought they did, maybe not.

The experts are saying go with Lloyd at WR because he is hot and he is an excellent play. They were saying Woodson is going to give Ke. Johnson a hard time and he is an ok play. So they would tell you go with Lloyd (as long as his last name isn't Carr):laugh:
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Playing Griese just because he has a game against the Lions. lol. you ain't right!
  3. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

thanks

I was thinking I should go with Lloyd, but I was leaning towards Green as far as my QB goes. He has to show up sometime, right?

Well guess I'll go with Hasselbeck, I have their TE starting too. My only hope in winning this week is them 2 connecting on a few TDs (long shot) or LT blowin up again (but against NE). The guy I'm playin is averaging over 130 (Moss & Holt, capable of 30 each) and I'm averaging around 110.
  4. Darth Tater

lol. That did play a part in my decision. I'm actually playing Clayton, Griese, the Tampa defense AND Cadillac Williams. I benched Kevin Jones.

Ironically,for once I'm hoping the Lions don't dissappoint me by playing well!!! Nah...they wouldn't...would they?:flypig:
  5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

All year last year I played who ever played the Lions when I could. I was racking up points left and right. The bigest points I racked up was when I had Brandon Stokely starting the week the Lions played them on Thanksgiving Day last year. :nod:
  6. Darth Tater

lmao. My kids still tease me about the way I kept jumping off the couch and cheering when my 15th round sleeper (Stokley), lit the lions up. Didn't he get 3 touchdowns in the first half? That was great. I knew the Lions were going to lose anyhow, so it made the turkey taste especially good that night.
  7. Winless Wonders

LOL!!! Darth

Griese might just have a career day in a Tampa Bay uniform. and Cadillac is going to drive right through the boring predictable lions defense. I don't see the Lions having a chance of winning especially after I heard Mooch gave them a half day off on Monday and the whole day off on Tuesday when they should have been practicing. What a joke!!!:frusty:
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

If this is true....

...excuse me while I flush my head down the toilet.

Absolutely ridiculous..

...and predictable.
  9. Darth Tater

I hadn't heard about Mooch giving them those days off. What did they do to earn it? Lemme guess? A receiver actually caught a pass in practice or something? Seems like they would need all the practice they could get after the Bears game. Instead of being hard on them he rewards them. Typical. Makes me wanna :puke:
  10. Winless Wonders

Yeah it is pretty pathetic especially since they were just coming off a bye week in which they had 4 days off.
  11. Darth Tater

Well well well...that dufus who never had the courtesy to respond to my email 2 weeks ago (offering Parker for Brady), just made an appeal to our league stating he needs a quality running back bad and will trade Eli Manning or Brady to get one. I responded reminding him of my last offer but said "I have 5 quality rb's and probably would prefer Manning at this point,what's your offer?"

OK guys...Manning or Brady???? (I have trent green ,Griese, and Dilfer currently).

Who should I trade??? He won't take Parker, I'll bet. That leaves Kevin Jones, Julius, Carnell & Warrick Dunn. I don't tihnk I can part with the first 3 (even though Carnell is hurting) as they were my first 3 draft choices. I'm thinking let him have Dunn? I actually drafted Dunn as trade bait (and insurance) & stole him in the 8th round.

Brady is struggling but Eli is hot right now.

Help!!!! lol
  12. Winless Wonders

Darth

I told you he would come crawling you just had to be patient!!! LOL:)

I still would go for Brady. Manning is still only in his second year and he has played some weak teams thus far.. Brady is still the man. If the game is on the line who would you want as your QB? I have Brady and he still has put up two 300 yard games so far.

As for the RB, I don't know I would rather give up Kevin Jones or Julius Jones. That inept idiot Mooch keeps limiting KJ's carries and benching him and the Lions play some tough defenses in the weeks ahead Ravens, Panthers and Falcons. I don't see him busting out with that terrible offensive line not creating holes either.
  13. Darth Tater

Winless

:confused: Thanks a lot!! Now I don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

This decision could make or break my season.

That guy hasn't responded to me yet. He is gonna wait to see what he is offered from everyone else,I think, but nobody can outdo me on running backs. ;)

He took Brady in the 8th round..eli in the 14th. So normally I'd think Brady, but the Pats are having problems and Eli is just on fire. I may have to go for broke. I just don't know. I played it safe by drafting Trent Green in the 4th round (passing on Bulger) and that move threatens to destroy my season. If Eli stays hot, I am dangerous.

Bettis & Staley vulture carries & touchdowns from Warrick...thats why I was gonna part with him.
  14. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

Darth

I agree, Brady is the better option, but with the way Eli is playing I dont think you can go wrong with either one.

As far as the RBs I would give up KJ, but I'm really pissed at the Lions and have lost all hope, so that opinion might be a little biased. But if he'll go for Dunn (which I dont think he would) I'd give him up.
  15. Darth Tater

#1 Pistonfan

I know. I'm fed up with the Lions too. Thing is, I don't expect the team to get good and win games but I wouldn't be surprised if some aspects of their game improve (like their running game). If that happens, I would be throwing out my number one draft choice (KJ).

That guy hasn't responded. I should just make an offer to the entire league...that may wake him up. I would snatch up Drew Brees if I could too. Maybe I can get Mcnabb if I up the ante with a better rb. Probably not.
  16. Winless Wonders

Sometimes you just have to roll the dice. Offering up a couple RB's to the entire league might be wise. You want to get the best value and this guy wants to play games and could hang you out to dry by trading with someone else.
  17. Darth Tater

Winless

I think you're right. 4 people made running back offers, but I know mine was the best. Still, the jerk hasn't responded to anyone. Problem is, after 4 weeks, things are topsy turvy because so many qb's are playing poorly. So I think nobody will respond at this point, but I may try. That trend of qb's playing bad may turn around soon and then my rb's will be worth more.

I know the person with Brees and Culpepper made an offer to the guy as did someone with Collins & Bledsoe. The last offeree had Mcnair & someone (Vick, maybe). I told the person with Brees I want him if they can make a deal & get Manning or Brady so that Brees is expendable. I also told the commissioner what a lame-arse league we have.
    So really, who is left? Delhomme maybe, but I don't think that team will deal.

Anyhow, I read yesterday that Trent Green for the last several years always started out horrible for the first 4 games and then went crazy. If thats the case, I drafted the right guy and I have a great QB...problem is, I don't trust that to happen again.

I need to decide who to play this week. Kevin Curtis or Housmedazdeh? House is banged up, but great. Also W.Parker or K.Jones (Bad matchup for Jones but I got a feeling on this one even though it's Detroit and I never know what they are going to do....also Parker plays monday night(almost always a good thing).

Decisions decisions.
  18. Winless Wonders

Darth

I don't know KJ vs. Ray Lewis? KJ might truck over a lot of guy's in the NFL but I don't see him going thru Ray Lewis on his way to the endzone.

That is true about Green. I had him last year and he got hot around game 7 and just lit it up. I think this year something is wrong with his arm though. He has the Joey Harrington complex which is not like him.

Cincy is on a roll so I think any Bengal will give you decent points.
  19. Darth Tater

Yeah, maybe I'll go with Parker. Monday night and all...I just hope nobody vultures the touchdowns.
    And yes, something seems wrong with Green.
    I'd go with house in a second but it seems like players listed as questionable either get nothing or 20 points. Never in between. Tough to bench him though. Poor guy has had 3 touchdowns called back on penalties in the last 2 weeks.
  20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mike Williams starting for Lions today as the #2 according to ESPN.