1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Football 2016

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by junior, Aug 12, 2016.

?

Are you interested in playing fantasy football this year?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No (please explain)

30.0%
  3. Maybe (still need convincing)

30.0%
  1. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great season, everyone (@BillLaimbeer@BillLaimbeer, @Nemo@Nemo, @bezeach@bezeach, @Mossberg@Mossberg, @detteam@detteam, @coynejeremy@coynejeremy, @webz@webz, @TheeTFD@TheeTFD) . Good final matchup, @Darth Tater@Darth Tater. Has to be the most competitive championship in recent memory. League was quite competitive too, as only one team was eliminated before the final week.

@roscoe36@roscoe36, could you put this one on the board for me? That's a two-peat for those who may have forgotten. Can we make it three?

Until then, I wish everyone luck in their basketball leagues, hope while supporting the Pistons, and happy holidays!
    Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 10.34.48 AM.png

Mossberg and coynejeremy like this.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good job snatching the bronze out of 6th place after barely squeezing in the playoffs. I think your smack finally wore down and intimidated the league. Particularly your COWARDLY Lion opponent! :biggrin:

So my kid goes off to college and joins his dorm in fantasy football. I tried getting him to play while at home but he rarely did. I'm like "what the hey"?? Anyhow, he took silver like me. I scored 147 and he got 159 (full PPR) . We sometimes compared notes during the season. He lost in the last few minutes yesterday. Ezekiel and Dez went off killing his 50 point lead. Both of us had Watkins and benched him and another that would have switched our results. Both lost to the highest scoring teams. I took mine in stride and aas pleased (actually, silver was way beyond my expectations early on) but he was bummed between the benchings and last minute loss. I tried consoling him "we did what seemed logical, a couple plays could have changed things, our opponents were the highest scoring during the season and went off" ) but to no avail.

Anyhow, in H.S. he graduated with a 3.85 with weighted courses. But his 1st semester at college he only got a 3.00. I'm not at all pleased but maybe the first year is toughest? Still...he seemed much more concerned with his football silver than his GPA. FWIW he swears it had nothing to do with football. I didn't say much but my chest literally tightens just thinking about it. Grrrr...

So glad this is over...but then again, would I consider fantasy baseball...? Sheesh. FOOL!!

3. Darth Tater

Yahoo is so messed up. They sent me my season story and I got "A-". I can understand that I was in first place but "only" got silver. Junior got "A+" which made sense since he scored the most points and won the gold. How in the world did detteam get an "A+" ?? Seventh Place, average points, and missed the playoffs and ended in 9th place!!

Some people did not get a grade yet. A couple of people I thought got screwed. I read my own thing but I did not read the others. Still ...huh????

4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Congrats to the top 3!

Darth Tater, TheeTFD and junior like this.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Not sure where you saw the A+ at Yahoo.

What I'm seeing is:

1) C for my draft (apparently 30% of my final grade)
    2) B for in-season management (20%)
    3) F for projected and final standing (50%)

My final grade was a D...as in Disaster.

If I do the "filling in a hole" thing again next year I'm demanding at least 4 hours notice instead of the 2 I worked with this time.

Will be joining the office league next season so that might have me more prepared :thumb[1]:

6. Darth Tater

I checked at least twice but maybe it was your grade for that week. You got a "D"? That's ludicrous too. If they give someone a "D" for 5 wins plus a playoff win (6-9) what room does that leave for teams with much less? Your PF wasn't bad either. My point was that Yahoo seems so arbitrary. Not that it makes a difference.

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion

"Footballers"?
    ...pretty dang original name there Junior. :idea:

coynejeremy, Darth Tater and junior like this.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    considering how his "ballers" handled our league, well ?

9. Darth Tater

He got his creativity gene from the paternal branch of the family tree.

BillLaimbeer and junior like this.
  10. Darth Tater

Yahoo is nuts. I enjoyed my season and it is over. I'm certainly not going to play in their silly post playoff-playoffs! Not sure how it works and IMO it is :biggrin: :bs:

roscoe36 likes this.