1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Football 2016

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by junior, Aug 12, 2016.

?

Are you interested in playing fantasy football this year?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No (please explain)

30.0%
  3. Maybe (still need convincing)

30.0%
  1. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

detteam likes this.
  2. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Football is much more low maintenance than basketball, baseball, or hockey. Just set your lineup once a week.

We could even make free agency waivers on Tuesday, so you don't have to watch intensely all day Sunday in case there are any injuries or breakthroughs!

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:football: Maybe. @junior@junior . The last couple times I lost interest as soon as I drafted. So it is unfair to me and other people if I'm not at least putting in decent effort but it might be fun after some time off.

I DO like the idea of the Tuesday thing.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I have to devote a little less time to fantasy this year. I intend to win the Keeper league though, so that will get 99.9% of my attention.

Let me know if you want a banner put up to advertise the league.

detteam, Darth Tater and coynejeremy like this.
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

Still reeling after 3 straight 2nd place finishes here and taking a year off.

10 team leagues are the most fun IMO. Count me in if you need an 8th or 10th to even the league at the end.

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll play

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I just did a renew of last year's league. It added the 10 managers from last year. People should be able to drop out if they don't want to play this year. I can also invite new managers that are interested.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm in. Also in favour of weekly waivers. Should allow those with less time to remain competitive.

roscoe36, junior and Darth Tater like this.
  9. Darth Tater

Ok. Now you have

2. Detteam
    4. Junior
    5. Webz
    7. Bill (just misses playoffs)
    10. Coyne Jeremy

Still need to fill spots #1,3,6,8, and 9

I'm tempted to grab yet another gold but I don't want to take any attention away from Michael Phelps.

detteam and roscoe36 like this.
  10. Darth Tater

I got an invitation for my team "Rascoes Beotch". He must have abused me the last time I played a couple years ago or whenever. :bigeyes:

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

You prick.

You're the basturd that talked me into this fantasy nonsense 7-8 years ago, looking for an easy mark. Now, you won't even return texts.

:sherlock::wedgie:

roscoe36 and Darth Tater like this.
  12. coynejeremy

I guess someone needs to bring up the rear in your place if you're too scared to come out from under the bed again...

Nemo, detteam and roscoe36 like this.
  13. Darth Tater

I see your suspension lasted only a few hours. Once again:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKJolS9Atg

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. Darth Tater

1. You've done very well. I imagine you've had a ball so I think you would appreciate the suggestions. The potential for an "easy mark" had never entered my mind. I figured you would really like it and from playing the "murder game" with you I knew you would place a great effort into it which translates to success.If you hate it don't play. Every year you do that "I'll play if you NEED me" crap. I'm trying to decide if I will play. None of that "if u need me" selfless hero crap. That messes things up for the commissioner.

2. Really, I'm a "prick"and a "bas turd" ? I assure you that I sent you a ton of texts over the years which went unanswered. You claimed you didn't like to text and sometimes you would phone or just ignore them completely . Now you like to text suddenly? Hypocritical. Calling me names. No wonder I don't answer. Cripes, you sound like a spurned lover. Creepy. Day one of sign ups and already the drama starts.:drama: That is part of what is on my "don't play" side of the ledger.

Have a nice day!

:hoops:

roscoe36 likes this.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

Sorry. I have a job to do. Thanks for finally explaining what pissed you off.

Best wishes

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Darth Tater

What about Thursday night games. I don't think a lot of people can remain awake for those as Friday is a work day. If you did a Sunday to Friday waiver it would cover that too. One game and only one injury maybe. It forces people to watch or keep track during those 3 hours. It will require a lot of strategy and promotes even more equity. I'm leaning slightly toward playing. This is not something I even considered before today. But I won't commit until I'm positive because I still get that sick feeling when I really think about it. Man, I used to live for this. But the bad stuff started outweighing the good for me. I think it was a cumulative effect.

roscoe36 likes this.
  17. coynejeremy

My advice, Darth - embrace the suck. :MusicBigGrin:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    roscoe36 and Darth Tater like this.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

maybe if you both run leagues I won't draft 10th in both.

Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thursday games lump in with the Sunday/Monday games. Therefore, if a guy had a great game on Thursday night, you couldn't pick him up until the following Tuesday.

20. Darth Tater

I don't see how. I guess I'm slow.

A guy has a great game Sunday or is hurt so the backup goes from garbage to gold. Under your special "waiver rules you have until Tuesday at midnight PAC* to decide if you want the guy from Sunday or Monday. You actually get him Wednesday because the waiver priority doesn't get determined until after midnight PAC time.

But Thursday (and Friday and Saturday for that matter) fall under the default "Free agent rule" isn't covered because you get him the very next day. So he is great Thursday. You put in your request at 11:45 PAC (some people are asleep or were too busy or uninterested to watch so have no shot at him with an open window of 2-3 hours) and he is yours to put in your lineup on Friday if you choose. What am I missing?

*When I say Tuesday until midnight for Sunday through Tuesday games. I think you actually may have until before 1:00 AM (an hour later) which is Wednesday at 1:00 AM instead of Tuesday at Midnight...so an extra hour).

Assuming you're correct and I'm missing something (which wouldn't surprise me in the least) please tell me how you have more than a couple hours to decide on a Thursday game. But wait. Unless you mean a Monday night game requires a full 2 days waiting. I.e. The rule for a Tuesday game isn't under the "free agent rule and kicks into effect Tuesday night under the "waiver rule"? I maybe am confused because I thought on any Sunday through Tuesday game all were fair game until Tuesday night. So you're saying if you pick up a guy Tuesday at noon you must wait until Friday instead of Wedbesday. But if so, why use the "Sunday to Tuesday rule" rather than eliminate all free agents? According to you the only day you could put in a request for a guy and fet him the next day is if you pick him up Saturday... But even then I think if you actually get him SundayAM on a Saturday request he is actually available for the following Monday since if he becomes youtmr property Sunday you actually cannotactually use him to Monday instead. So again, why bother singling out Tuesday instead of a blanket " waiver rule". I'm sorry. Please humor the slow guy and explain what is obvious to you. :tinfoil3:

Also, so you're the Commissioner again and not Junior I take it? He was just asking the question, right? Seems like it is only you with the workload for non-basketball leagues (since I've sat put the last couple years (with Webz occasionally doing football). I guess you don't mind being the guy who does all the work (sometimes a piece of cake but other times a mess...like settling disputes or answering dummies like me). Obviously I'm actually considering playing (I'm not playing beg me games or thinking I will make the great sacrifice for everyone elses benefit...sometimes I know people really are making a sacrifice and would rather not play but sometimes it is "beg me and sing heroic ballads even though I was going to jump in at the zero hour anyhow and mess up rge Commish because then another guy truly decides he WANTS to play and then we have an uneven number...hetmy, don't make me the bad guy because I'm calling it like it truly is) at the last minute to junp but every time I think about making the FULL commitment I (SERIOUSLY/quite LITERALLY) get a bad feeling in my throat and/or stomach so maybe I'm not ready yet. I have NOT missed it in the least but sometimes think maybe it would be fun.

Well, perhaps you should just ignore my post, and I won't play :haironfire::panic: because in the end I'm just being a PITA and looking for excuses to talk myself out of it! :tinfoil3::smiley-poker::icon evil:. Yeah, perhaps indeed best to ignore this tangle. :thumb::mod::good::gaah:.:mob-smiley:. :mob-smiley2: :bs:. Sorry Too much drama caused by ME ...:pound::pound::pound: :nopompom::pop2::lalala::doh::drama::drama::hand::drama::drama::pound::pound::pound: