Fantasy Football 2013: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mossberg, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Thee was given a 35% chance of winning by the computer....

Nemo gives him a 72% chance of winning....
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I bet Vincent Jackson will get the needed points by himself.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nemo is correct!
  4. BillLaimbeer

He was 72% correct.
  5. Darth Tater

That is 100% correct.

I was giving nemo the benefit of the doubt which is like saying something nice about him. So that should count as one of the ten nice things I have to say about him if I lose the Ohio State bet. So that means I only have to say nine more nice things about him. You can knock off 72% of one of yours so if you lose you only have to say 9 28/100 nice things about him.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Sounds like I'm better than that computer.
  7. BillLaimbeer

Unless last night was the time when the 35% was supposed to occur. Then, you were wrong. :bigeyes:
  8. Darth Tater

So Laimbeer picks up around four (4) guys and attempts two (2) meaningless trades in an a weak move to TRY and stop my offensive 9-1 JUGGERNAUT in preparation of playing me this week.

9-1! Are you kidding me? I will cut through his squad like the proverbial knife through warm butter. *This is where Drath dominates and shines!!! :party2::winner first h4h::sweep::bounce::boxing::target:

* "THIS" meaning the regular season where I've already all but clinched a first round bye for the playoffs. Not to be confused with the playoffs where he doesn't even need to make these moves because when I meet him in the 2nd round he will obliterate me as always! :frusty::rain::hurt::yield::rip::crying::doh::censored:
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  9. BillLaimbeer

I didn't realize I played you this week. I was treating it like a BYE week. :lol:

Actually, I picked up 9 players and then immediately dropped 5 of them. Get your facts straight.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

have you seen Jr's latest offering ? stems and seeds lol
  11. Darth Tater

You should learn from your peers, grasshopper...

I picked up the eagles QB Nick Foles but dropped him when Vick got his job back. He played the next game when Vick got hurt again early. I was thinking of picking him up again but in no hurry. So during the game you suggested I pick him up. So the more I thought about it the more I figured go for it and did before someone else did. What a blessing! He throws 7 touchdowns next game and he is in my lineup too! 59 points. next game 28 points. Just when Matt Ryan started sucking due to losing his receivers. Thank you! Stalling on Foles would have been costly.

HOWEVER.. I tried paying u back the next week by bugging you to pick up Eagkes WR Riley Cooper who had already scored two touchdowns and I knew due to being a fan that they were connecting all the time in practice and a couple times on the field. You listen and grab him and he scores a 3rd touchdown before the game is out. So next week you sit him and he puts up 25 points the next week. Do you grab him? Nooooooo! You trade him away today. You'll be sorrrrrrry. Oh well, my debt is paid!! :tsk::pound:
  12. Darth Tater

Seeds :byakuya-sakura2:Turn into plants and trees that give fruit. Better hope those little seeds don't cost you a playoff spot...:ner-ner:

You and I meet in the last game of the season in three weeks. Last year it cost you the playoff spot when we met in the final week. This year...??????
  13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Looks like a crushing, I got a weak team.
  14. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I guess that 65% advantage the computer predicted means jack.

I thought for sure that I would be able to get at least 18pts. Well, that is the story of my season. From 1st place to worst place.

I'm projected to have the highest score this week (so far, but that means squat), I've had way more points scored against me than any other team, and I've scored enough to be in 3rd place.

When it ain't your season, sometimes it just ain't your season.
    [​IMG]
  15. BillLaimbeer

Drath and I talk about it all of the time. There is so much of a huge luck component in fantasy sports. You have scored 10 more points than me over the course of the season and look where we both are in the standings. It definitely evens out over time if you play these games long enough.
    Darth Tater likes this.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Moss should be no more 5th place. He aint scoring that much.
    My team should be last place, do you hear me whining ?
    Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  17. Darth Tater

You know, everything evens out eventually. I'm sure I've said it before, but when I first started playing fantasy sports almost ten (10) years ago I had several really good, if not dominant teams and Everything I touched turned into gold ( medals). No silver and no bronze for years. If I didn't win gold I didn't medal at all. All or nothing ( but usually gold). In fact, I won gold medals the first time I played hockey. Football. Baseball. And football. ( all but football were in Pistons forum leagues). But back then I chose to attribute my championships to a lot more skill than luck.

Then, suddenly, the gold mining dried up and I won nothing at all for maybe three (3) years. But I was honest with myself and realized I just wasn't doing very well building my teams..

But as time went by a few teams of my teams DID make the playoffs. But they were quickly eliminated whether I just slid in or was dominant. I conveniently started believing it was luck, lol. It was pretty discouraging. I seriously contemplated just quitting after I went through a baseball season winning about 20 weeks out of 22 and clinched 1st place by around 24 games. But I was bounced Both rounds after receiving a bye and ended up with nothing and only playing a couple of sports per year. In essence two teams a year rather than four. I called myself the Flip Sanders of fantasy sports. That was a mistake because Laimbeer grabbed it and never let me me forget it, lmao. :)

Now , the last couple of years I had a 6th place team win silver and a pretty good team win bronze. So things are turning around after a long dry spell but luck was definitely involved.. But I now strongly believe now that the regular season shows more skill than luck (with the exception of injury plagues) but that the playoffs are more luck than anything else. So the silver was luck.

I know you had a 4th place team win gold in football last year and a basketball team win another gold. But I think you were pretty lucky in both too. I know in basketball you knocked me out in the last possible second with a. Stuckey half court shot that gave you the fg percentage category by .003. WouldA shoulda coulda I would have won the next round and got the gold myself instead of settling for bronze. This year you have a good football team that had terrible luck in the scheduling and you'll likely miss the playoffs as a result.

Now I have this 9-1 football team that MAY not lose another game all year. I didn't suddenly get smarter but I was almost injury free all year. I may get bounced first round but if things keep going as they areI won't believe someone had a better team. My team is very good . I've scored around 200 more points already than the next best team. But my opponents have scored nearly 200 points less than the next lowest team and maybe 500 less than your team faced. With your schedule I mAybe go 7-3 instead of 9-1 and with chance injuries who knows how different things could be? With my schedule ( or Laimbeer's even) you likely would be around 6-4 rather than 2-8.

I'm also aware of other, shall we say, " living room elephants" that could greatly affect outcomes if they haven't already done so.

Bottom lines:

1. I think the regular season stats are generally 75-80% skill but in the playoffs I think it is more like 65% luck. That goes for all of my personal successes as well as failures .

2. I've had loads of fun with the forum leagues and some heartaches as well, but right now I honestly could not say what my future level of participation will be in the forum leagues or fantasy sports in general. It is what it is...:juggle:

I know...

:borrring:
    BillLaimbeer and Mossberg like this.
  18. Darth Tater

@thee

Try to stay in contention. I'm truly rooting for you in the next two games. I want to be your ball breaker in the final game. :lol:
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

u can't handle the truth
  20. Darth Tater

It was late Mossberg. Forgot to wrap that up. The luck oartall comes full circle.
    Enlighten me. What "truth" are you referring to?