Fantasy Football 2013: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mossberg, Sep 6, 2013.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They locked me out of my team 3 weeks ago.

2. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I never gave myself a real chance this year after starting 0-6, losing Arian Foster and Gronk (and others) that I lost to injury, but I ended up having a legit chance on winning the title. I actually had more fun playing this year than I had last year when I actually won the title. I had to work the waiver pool a bit more this year.

Congrats Drath!

I look forward to next season.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I was impressed that you kept plugging away when you were 0-6. I think many people would've up and quit. I didn't think you had a snowballs chance. I figured you didn't think so either but were being a good sport out of pride or integrity ( not that anyone around here has that quality) :) I know I told Bill that it was cool that you kept trying. The first time I thought you might sneak in was about halfway through your final match against Junior your team was doing pretty good the last 7 weeks where you went 5-2. Bill won't be happy I'm sharing this and he will deny it because he's a lying cheating sneaking wily scoundrel but when they matches were set, he said "thank God I don't have to play Cowardly" lol. Wait, I maybe was to hard on him. He really isn't very wily.

It would've been weird if you took the title at 5-8. I still think it's incredible you earned a bronze. I snuck into the playoffs at 7-6 two years ago after beginning the season 2-5. I won a silver that year. I still feel funny about it though. There were much better teams than mine that I passed up and although I finished the last 6 weeks at 5-1 I still don't feel I deserved it. I guess I feel like in real life as well as fantasy that more often than not the best team doesn't win. The winner is the team that got hot the last 6 weeks or so. Maybe if it was just the top 2-4 teams playing it would be fine bug it is what it is...

I played very worthy opponents in the playoffs but I was disappointed I didn't get a shot at either of the Laimbeer boys ( Jr. Missed out and Bill fell in the first round) because I owed them the last couple of years) . But then if I had somehow some way or other it probably would've turned out bad for me.

I'm glad it's over though. People who know me know that I don't give a damn about my hockey team. You can tell because I've made maybe ten free agent moves all year. Most of those were just switching one crappy defenseman for another. The league looks like our football league did most of the way. But instead of me dominating it is Junior and the rest of the teams are all bunched together in mediocrity just like in football. Junior the card shark claimed when he joined the league that he doesn't know anything about hockey ( not that anyone cared anyhow) but when he said that I took it with a grain of salt.. Card shark like his pa. The results indicate otherwise, and I happened to be poking around a couple of trophy rooms today and I do believe I saw something hold in his case from a year or two ago with something resembling a hockey puck, lol. :)

Mossberg and BillLaimbeer like this.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It isn't official until I get recognized for the trophy on my forum banner. Is there any chance I could get my "5" raised to a "6" in my banner?