Fantasy Football 2012: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Aug 27, 2012.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Sort of a nail-biter. See you again in 9 weeks : )
  2. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

That was a great matchup. I'd say we both have great teams that will do some damage this year. Our point totals were solid and we even left a ton of points on our benches. If my opponent has to score 137 points to beat me, I like my chances this year. See you in a few weeks. There will be revenge......:diablo:
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Concuss overcame a 12.77-point projected spread, taking down Da Raiders, 118.32 - 107.76 for the upset. They got a team-leading 24.42 points from Peyton Manning and 18.90 from Pierre Garcon. Concuss met expectations and scored 7.3% more than their projected 110.23 points, while Da Raiders failed to meet their projections and scored only 87.6% of a projected 123.00. Da Raiders was led by Drew Brees with 27.56 points and Jimmy Graham who scored 17.50. Concuss (1-0) starts the season in fourth place while Da Raiders (0-1) opens in eighth place.
    Concuss Smooth Moves
    • Peyton Manning ranked eighth in the league in scoring with 24.42 points.
    • The 11.20 points scored by Coby Fleener, who Concuss picked up this week, beat his projected point total of 7.05 by 58.9%.
    • Pierre Garcon scored 18.90 points and beat his scoring projection by 109.5%, which led the matchup.
    • 6 of 10 players in the starting lineup for Concuss topped their projected points.
    • The 15.40 points scored by Shonn Greene outpaced his 12.66-point scoring projection by 21.6%.
    Da Raiders Regret Tracker
    • BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who was left on the bench, exceeded his 9.32-point projection with 16.00 points.
    • Left Nate Washington on the bench, where he scored 12.30 points and surpassed his scoring projection by 90.4%, the highest percentage of any player on the team.
    • 6 of the 10 starters scored less than their projected points.
    • The 0.90 points scored by DeAngelo Williams was just 8.8% of his 10.22-point projection.
    • The two RBs on Da Raiders let them down, failing to bring in their expected point totals.
    What If
    • Besides Da Raiders, Concuss would have defeated three other teams this week.
    • If Concuss had scored 19.03 more points, they would have beaten all teams in the league this week.
    • Besides Concuss, Da Raiders would have been defeated by six other teams this week.
    • If Da Raiders had scored 11.39 fewer points, they would have lost to all teams in the league this week.
    Game Notes
    • Da Raiders got 32.90 points from their TEs, the highest combined scoring output from the TE position for any team this week.
    • In the loss, Jimmy Graham had the highest TE score in the league this week with 17.50 points.
    • Da Raiders scored 107.76 points, ranking them eighth in the league in scoring.
    • In the loss, Drew Brees ranked fourth in the league in scoring with 27.56 points.
    • In the loss, Aaron Hernandez had the second-highest TE score in the league this week with 15.40 points.
    • Robbie Gould tried to help Da Raiders in the loss, beating his scoring projection by 28.2%, scoring 11.00 points versus an 8.58-point projection.
    • Evan Royster did not contribute much to the win by Concuss. He only scored 1.00 point of a projected 9.46.
    • Concuss exceeded their scoring expectations while Da Raiders failed to meet their projection.
    • Almost makes up for blasting me out of FBB P/Os
    Nemo and Mogilny like this.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The Swedes started off the season by receiving a Biggest Blowout trophy and three strong aquisitions. The future is bright.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Cowardly Lions and Juniors Jets deserved much better than they got those are very tough losses. Especially for Cowardly. I've never seen a team score 135 and LOSE. That sucks. No wonder Cowardly is a scaredy cat. These games can be very random at times. :(

It looks like there will be very few "easy" victories in this league.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

3Crn still still think you're lucky to break 100 pt.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only when a team plays Darth's Eagles!!!

:cheerlie-GOAL::dancingparty::lol::hurt::p welldone:
  8. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Hay Thee...........who did that slick park Ave. type report for you...nice work.
    Yea...I made some lousy choises when I had to replace starters. I had 5 with the Q also....
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

It's right there at Yahoo Sports Fant., Neem
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

Interesting new feature. Click 'Recap' in the scoreboard on the main page
  11. Darth Tater

I noticed that today. My recap just insulted my team the entire time. And I WON my game!
  12. Darth Tater

Just for that mean comment, Bill, I will no longer be rooting for your fantasy baseb... Oh. Wait...never mind. :)
  13. detteam

detteam All-Star

I was surprised it didn't slam me for sitting Peterson
  14. BillLaimbeer

This is incredibly cool. Everyone should check this out.
  15. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's pretty cool but no where near the quality of BDL's bball post week analyses
  16. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Agreed. Rufus Henry is an interesting fellow.

sidenote: I hate the fact that I have so many 49ers on my team since I am a diehard Lions fan. To top it off, my opponent has Matt Stafford as his QB. Is it wrong for me to want him to have a bad game but hope the Lions still win? Is it bad that I want the Lions D to give up 14 catches and 4 touchdowns to Vernon Davis and 250 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns to Frank Gore............and still they somehow win, even though Matt Stafford throws 7 interceptions to go with those 4 TDs? :lol:

I can dream, right?:crying:
  17. Darth Tater

Sometimes it seems like I have really rotten luck, and I hate being in those kinds of situations, but you would be surprised how often those scenarios work out really well for you. With the exception of when you play Laimbeer. He cheats and there is no avoiding disaster.

I hope you received this private message. I can never find a record of the ones I sent.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

It is within acceptable parameters to boo Lion players who are facing your fantasy team.
    My wife eats cheesecake when I do this............darn things are expensive.
  19. BillLaimbeer

I am surprised you started Jay Cutler over Matt Schaub this week. Three interceptions already, no points,....YIKES for you....
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Moss, sacrafices must be made ! Lions are most important.
    die 3crns die !