Fantasy Football 2012: Season discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Other than Detteam and I the entire League will be against you tonight. Both of our games have huge playoff implications.

On the other hand, everyone but Detteam, moogs and nemo should root for me.

My game will be weird since I have Chicago but nemo has their kicker. I will want Chicago to never get the ball over the 50 yard line Unless they do a pick six. But when they are in 49er territory I will want an interception. But that could work against me too.

I suppose you will come out of hiding tonight I mean Return from your vacation if you win tonight fishy.

You are in a tough spot moogs. I think TFD is in the catbird seat But you can change it with one great play.

My match could go either way. You need 2 to beat me nemo since I have one plus change over you. The Bears have scored about 30 points the last two times they played. But this thing definitely could go either way.

2. Darth Tater

Almost forgot. Laimbeer and Cowardly are still battling. Crazy that so many matches came down to Monday night.
    The other two matches had huge upsets. We could have three more tonight which would mean all 5 matches went to the underdog.

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Ha, I need Marshall with a leg injury early in the 1st Q.
    If 9ers get stupid and Kapernick starts throwing picks Bears Dee could put up their usual 30.

4. Darth Tater

Wow! That was close. I'm happy of course but I know I'f I lost by so close a margin I'd be super bummed. I know it is no consolation to tell you your team played really well. I was very lucky to win a battle by only 1.22 that could have gone either way. I thought I would lose for sure at the half. Good luck the rest of the way.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow, tough break, Nemo. Even though you will probably miss the playoffs now, it's been great fun having you in the league. :)

6. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The streak is over. :angrysoapbox:

7. Darth Tater

This week you can TRY to get 1st place back from me. But I'm liking it here. :)

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My team did not do well for the week. The NO versus Raiders battle is a prime example. Brees threw for 100 yards less than his average yardage against a defense ranked 23rd in the NFL against the pass. I lost those QB yards and WR/TE yards as well.
    Tony Gonzales TE and Robbie Gould "K" both had their worst week. My team's only brilliance was my pick of the Washington defense as they were playing the Eagles, who are basically mailing it in these days. Washington gave me 17 defensive fantasy points against those baffoons in green. Heck...even Bill Laimbeer would tell me that was a brilliant move. When I checked late on the MNF scores and fantasy points, I felt embarrassed for you as the Bears only garnered 1 point on defense. I woulda loved to play you in the playoffs, but I will not field a team with a losing record in the playoffs. So have a good playoff run...........

9. Darth Tater

Entertaining.

Good game. :)

10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Neems is so proud he won't field a losing team for the P/Os. Your players won't like that, after they spill their guts for you. I might have a losing record and may need to sneak in on a tie-breaker.

11. Darth Tater

...nowwwwwwwwwwwwww...

In the CENTER RING we present for your entertainment.........

THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY.

...DARTH'S MR. GREEN GENES vs MOWGLI'S THREE CLOWNS...

Mowgli, I hoped to finally play a team that might actually provide a REAL challenge, but I can see that you are just one more weak Disney character standing in my path to the crown. How did you ever stay at the top for one day let alone several weeks? Well, no matter. You stink like yesterday's diapers and your girls should change their name to The Pink Panty Wearing Panzies!

Shere Khan is done with the small appetizers (burrrrp) and ready to dine on some man-cub!!

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

both of you can be had as I've upset you both.

13. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

I have a sick talent of regularly having my players that I bench put up great numbers. :bs: I am lucky to still have won this week against Lames Legends.

14. Darth Tater

Absolutely. Look at Darth Jr. Going 3-0. Vs. the Laimbeer's . (twice against junior!) Both havevfar superior teams and are far superior managers and put in much more effort but my junior has had incredible luck to have won 5 games and land in 6th place (the final playoff spot). I'm in 1st place and have the inside track on the bye. I'll lose in my 1st playoff game for sure if Lames sr. gets into the playoffs. He's done it to me twice.

Last year I won silver after barely making the playoffs!

It is all so random. Yep. You or anyone else could take anyone down on any given week. Itis all very random. He'll., I nearly even lost to nemo, lol. But looks like I won't get to go 3-0 against him since I may have knocked Him out of playoff contention.

15. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My players aren't worth the powder to blow them to Canada.
    I picked the right players...they just decided to stink.
    My players only spilled tears........and a little whine. :)

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Darth Tater

My team has that effect on a lot of people. LOL.

Actually, your team is not bad at all fishy. You've scored the fifth most points in the league. Just a few points away from being the fourth highest. You've played the third hardest schedule this year.

You have scored more points than the team in 4th place.

Location...on the schedule. Location...on the schedule. Location...on the schedule.

17. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nemo, did you see the stat correction for Darth's team? They are giving Carson Palmer credit for a fumble, so he loses 2 points. It looks like you are headed to the playoffs!!

18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like this one's your. Megatron produced and Austin blew it. #¤%#¤%#¤&#&

19. Darth Tater

Our match is totally up for grabs. Brady went nuts for you!

Actually, I'm only plus 8 on my projected Although only one Has played. You're a about plus 21 but you've used 5 slots already. That puts you at a projected 138. I'm only 142. You gained a lot.

I based the numbers on yahoo peojectios plus actual numbers. I.e. you're way ahead of schedule. I'm not up that much, but Again I've only had one plAy so my numbers qould potentially vary more than yours.

So you've got 117 yahoo projectedl plus an added 21 for a 138 total.

I've got yahoo 134 plus Calvin's 8 over his projection for 142.

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Looks like I reversed all my smooth moves from last week. Just like I did the last week of baseball costing me a P/O run. My team/season had no room for error.