Fantasy Football 2011-12 discussions and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Mogilny, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I DO hate Dallas. They will most likely win AND three points is nothing for a fantasy defense to get. As long as they don't give up about 30 points you are good. Plus forcing turnovers gets you points. They would have to play horribly (like the Chargers) in order for me to win. That won't happen.
  2. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

It would be nice [STRIKE]a miracle[/STRIKE] if Santana Moss...the Wr for Washington got 20 more points tonight so I can win this week...:)
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll be rooting for him. Good luck, Nemo!!
  4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I can't believe Aurora's Wildcats are 0-3, the worst record in our league. I was so hopeful after my draft. I could never have imagined that Mike Williams, Sanantonio Holmes and now Phillip Rivers could be so disappointing. I thought those guys were going to be strengths on my team. Plus I don't see any way to replace them realistically from the dismal free agent pickings even as mad as I am at all of them especially this week. I'm stuck with their less than studly performances for the season. Thank God for Darren McFadden who is the only bright spot in what I thought was a solid team. Hightower is solid if not magnificent, as is Ben Tate. Running backs and nothing else! Sigh. All in all, it's just a little shocking. :mad::nopompom::help2::dizzy2::faint2::swear2::confused::noidea::pout: :crying:

It's hard to find the will to go on I'll tell ya. But someone has to lose so that someone can win so I will set my lineups like a good sport every week and tune in for the what looks to be inevitably dismal results on Monday nights. Sob. :pound:
    At least a few good things have come out of this fantasy football gig: I have identified my favorite team...the Oakland Raiders (love that defensive line)...and I have a big time football crush on Darren McFadden and Julio Jones. Who I never would have known about if I hadn't painstakingly researched the NFL for my draft. Silver linings to a cloudy start! Good Luck to you all. Our goal is to win 1 matchup this season. We're now "managing our expectations."
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

We tried to tell you this wasn't for the faint of heart.
    I took Fadden his rookie year, guess how that went ?
  6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh I know I know. But it's way harsher than baseball or basketball. Jus' sayin.
    Besides I'm just sharing my reality in the thread. You know, whining for the fun of it.
  7. Darth Tater

................................:mad::nopompom::dizzy2::faint2::swear2::confused::noidea: :crying:
  8. Darth Tater

Kimmee, you could just as easily be in first place. You've had the worst scheduling by far (0-3).

After three games you have scored a mere 25 points less than the first place team (3-0). A small difference of 8 points per game.

After 3 games your opponents have scored a whopping 120 points more than the opponents of the first place team. That is 40 points per game!!!

It has come down to luck. It isn't your managing skills. Try not to despair. :)
  9. BillLaimbeer

Well, in week #10, you play Nemo.... :stirthepot:
  10. Nemo

Yea...you'll get to play me. I just lost to Any Given Sunday. My RBs combined for like 1 point, and the Eagles haven't started playing defense yet. Here at week 4 though...I get to play the 1st place team. Just one more week from Drew Baby and I'll have a good week.

Good choice with the Raiders as your favorite team. McFadden is the real thing, and that team may make it to the AFC championship game this season.........:stirthepot:

I love your roster and figure you'll rebound to a much loftier position...At least past Any Given Sunday.
  11. BillLaimbeer

One of our GMs (not to mention Motown's name) picks up a different Indianapolis QB each week.....
    :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

13. Nemo

Interesting to just look at the top scores without the standings...

Gymps - 349.18
    Bezeach - 346.58
    Cowardly Lions - 330.14
    Wolverines of Sweden - 316.12
    The Runner Ups - 314.66
    webz wreckers - 308.90
    Nemo - 305.76

I defeated bezeach, who actually is doing very well...second highest score. but...

I have a loss to Any Given Sunday...who has only 205.58...he is by far the lowest score in our league. 50 points lower than anybody else...yet my team crumbles and I do not win........this game is very frustrating, and this from a man who watches 1st graders eat white glue for their snack. :cold:

I can only imagine how Aurora feels....she has had 365.02 points scored against her.
    This points against total is 33 more than anybody else in the league. This happens while the 1st place guy has had only 245.80 scored against him. That means that Aurora sees an average of 40 more points scored against her...per week than our current leader...:(

Interesting to watch the transactions list...5pieceeaglemcnabbetts is a very busy man...:)
  14. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I'm not sure whether this statistical analysis is fascinatingly painful or somewhat comforting. :frusty::confused: But I am certain of one thing: In fantasy football it's all about the W's and the L's. And I'm clearly in need of a W. I've got absolutely no faith in Mike Williams, Santonio Holmes and I'm seriously considering rolling the dice with Jacoby Ford instead of one of these nonproductive yet better ranked WRs.
    But I don't think I have the nerve to do it. :cold::pound:TheeTFD was right: not for the faint of heart this stuff. Not at all. (Laimbs, I can't believe you dropped Jacoby. That was just a little hamstring injury. He is going to be the 1st receiving option for Oakland and return yards too!) AARGH. What to do!? Sigh...If all our guys would just play like the draft magazines said they were going to. :pound::pound:At any rate, everyone good luck with Week Four!:)
  15. Nemo

I picked up Denarius Moore from Oakland in like the 8th round. Didn't play him til last week...but I think he's gonna beat all my other WRs by the end of the year.

I agree with you...I find it difficult to pull the trigger. Now Darth changes players faster than Baskin-Robbins changes ice cream flavors...........:)
  16. Darth Tater

It doesn't help. They play like they are the same guys but in different color jerseys.
  17. BillLaimbeer

Your Lions defense put up HUGE numbers today. I hope you didn't leave them on your bench.
    :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound: :stirthepot: :pound:
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Now why would I do that ? In Dallas and all. You don't get points when you give up 30 or more.
  19. BillLaimbeer

Sure you do.

You get 12 points for 2 defensive touchdowns.
    You get 6 points for 3 interceptions.
    You get 1 point for a sack.
    You lose 1 point for giving up 30 points.

Therefore, you earn 18 points if you are the Lions defense today.
  20. Nemo

Wow...53 fantasy points for Rodgers this week.

My backup, Matt Cassel did better than my starter..Drew Brees...And they both won.

I guess that's a good thing....:)