Fantasy Baseball 2012 Sign UP

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I just checked. There are six and Jammer still needs to sign up. So we've got seven.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

somebody plays 2 teams each week
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We just need to find an 8th manager and we'll be fine.
  4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'll hold off joining until you have an 8th team, if you can't find one, I'll just sit this one out.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I really am taxed with this new daddie stuff but it is a weekly league so I can join up... make for a good beat down target for you all.
  6. Darth Tater

You da man, round! :yo:
  7. BillLaimbeer

Ok, Jammers, we've got 7 signed up. Go ahead and register and I'll put you ahead of Darth in the draft order.
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Excellent. I've done my part.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

So, ah, you've already seeded the draft order ?
  10. BillLaimbeer

LOL. No, it's all random. It gets set about 30 minutes before the actual draft.
  11. BillLaimbeer

Thanks to everyone for signing up. It looks like we should have a nice 8-team league.

The playoff format is currently set to include the top 6 teams with the top 2 seeds getting first round byes.

Other options include a 4-team playoff, an 8-team playoff, or having no playoffs at all (this would favor managers like Darth that choke in the playoffs).

If you have a preference, please discuss. I don't think it's fair to change league settings once the season starts, so please look over the league settings and voice any concerns or suggestions that you might have.
  12. Darth Tater

Thanks for putting this up for discussion, Lame-O Billiam. Usually, when I make a suggestion, YOU just tell me to shut the "F" up and deal with it. other commissioners aren't quite as open to feedback as you are. I hate that we have to kiss your butt all the time. You're a really good commissioner with a lot of integrity and your open mindedness does not go unnoticed. I wish Webz were the commissioner. This corruption thing is getting so old. Do you REALLY think that we don't notice what your game is??? I'm happy that you are in charge.

Anyhow, my first choice is no playoffs. That way the best team wins it.

Yes, my baseball team won the regular season last year by a very large margin, but I ended up with no trophy at all. I wouldn't want to see that happen to anyone else. But also, my football team was mediocre-to fairly good and I ended up with a silver trophy. There were better teams in there than mine but they ended up empty handed. I know I did NOT have the 2nd best football team, and I feel that the silver trophy was undeserved.

My 2nd choice is a 4 team playoff, if we must have one.

At any rate, I really hate the consolation rounds. Boring. I also don't think 6 teams should make the playoffs in an eight team league.

I wouldn't mind a 2 team playoff but I don't think that option exists.

But all kidding aside, I do appreciate you putting this up for discussion.
  13. BillLaimbeer

The biggest drawback to no playoffs, of course, is when my the first place team gets out to a big league. Some teams will get eliminated from contention early and those managers will have no incentive to give attention to their team.

Having playoffs is why March Madness is so exciting. If you get into the tournament, anything can happen, as long as your team gets rolling at the right time. The NCAA tournament keeps literally millions of fans across the nation interested in the madness. Why football doesn't do it still amazes me, but that's a discussion for another day and another thread....
  14. Darth Tater

Great point, but looking at the managers in our our particular league, I don't THINK anyone would do that. I could be wrong and that would suck.

I'm going to win the gold either way, but this way you guys will be put out of your misery quickly.
  15. Darth Tater

I think that our baseball league will interest millions of fantasy league fans across the nation irregardless.

But I'm happy no matter what is decided. :victory:
  16. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I shoulda joined........just to bury Darth and his bragging.
    Darth.........your football team was only .500......
  17. BillLaimbeer

If trophies were given out for the regular season, Flip Saunders would still be coaching the Pistons.

Look at what MLB just did. There used to be a couple of teams fighting for a single Wild Card spot. In the AL, the Wild Card usually just went to the Red Sox or the Yankees (whichever team didn't win the division). Now, by adding an additional Wild Card spot in each league, you are essentially adding a half dozen teams that will still be interested in the pennant race come September.
  18. Darth Tater

But what is the purpose of giving a trophy to a team that was only outstanding for a couple of weeks?

But, I agree. It makes it more fun for everyone. I guess that's the point...not winning but enjoying the experience. However, it seems kind of meaningless when you do win. As I said, I received a silver medal in football with a 7-6 record. I barely even snuck into the playoffs. Kind of like the real life New York Giants (except they won it all while I came in "2nd place" with my 5th place team). M team DID get hot for the last few games and it was quite an accomplishment that I made the playoffs at all, but at 7-6 did I really "deserve" the silver?

In my opinion, bezeach, Thee TFD, and Mossberg had the "best teams". Thee ended up with bronze but the other two got nothing. I double checked just now, but when i thought of the best teams before checking, those three immediately came to mind. That's just me and my overly competitive nature. I can't help it. :banplease:
  19. Darth Tater

Impossible to be .500 when you play 13 regular season games. :) I checked again, I was 7-6, fishy.

Yes, I wish you had joined. I'm pretty sure you would have really enjoyed it. It was lots of fun playing football with you.
  20. BillLaimbeer

If you seriously do want to join, Sir Nemo, we just need to find another manager. Anyone else want in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.