Fantasy Baseball 2012 - Season discussion and trash talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by BillLaimbeer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

September Blues just didn't seem like a Darth Tater name to me. Makes your team sound soft.
    You seem to think your hitters are responding that way. Some recommendations are.......

Canadian Bacon
    Darth's Spartans
    Darth Rules
    Da Raiders........
  2. Nemo

My starters have had a good week so far...2 wins, 1.31 ERA after 20 innings, and 18 strikeouts.
    Hopefully the nest three starts this week are also good. I need Kuroda, the NYY #2, to have a good game.
    Kershaw, like Verlander has pitched twice...and has not recorded a win......He'll get em Sunday...:)

I'm pleased with Chris Sale of the CWS. he's listed as a RP, but he's becoming a starter this year.
    I expect a breakout season for him. I also picked up Porcello of the Tigers after the season started.
    He should pick up the slack since Fister is hurt and Scherzer is pitching like he usually does..

My 2 RPs are doing well this week with a 0.00 ERA, 6 strikeouts, and 3 saves.
    I was sad to see the good "holds" pitchers disappear so quickly in the draft. I had 5
    listed in my queue during the draft, but they were gone long before I expected them to be.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I didn't pay any attention whatsoever to the "Holds" when I drafted. But afterwards, I immediately used my #5 waiver priority on Mike Adams. He's number one in that department...so far...but I think there are still a couple of weeks remaining in the season.
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

"Geoducks" is pretty solid.
  5. Darth Tater

Don't fret, Fundulopanchax batesii. Your wish will be granted. Your will continue to enjoy a wonderful fantasy baseball week. Unfortunately, come next week, it will be time to pay the piper. I've seen this show too many times before. :gaah:
  6. Nemo

Swimming next to Fundulopanchax batesii is very peaceful. Unlike my fantasy baseball team. :)

B. Boesch has 4 RBIs today. My tiger trio is keeping me afloat.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sale could be trouble in your matchup with Drath. I see you have him in your starting lineup with the Tigers on Sunday. Good luck with that one......bye bye ERA and WHIP..... :gaah:
  8. Darth Tater

Every time, just at the moment that I am about to give up on Laimbeer, he comes through for me. :spit:
  9. Nemo

Yea....I know. That's why several posts back I was caught hoping for good pitching my last 3 starts this week.
    I got Cain and Kuroda going tomorrow. Actually Kuroda of the Yankees is my biggest concern. When I saw that Sale got the Tigers on Sunday.........I began praying for rain. I figured he's too young to get nervous against Cabrera and Fielder. I just figured that any cushion that I have in ERA and WHIP hopefully will carry me. Luckily.....Sale will have the home crowd.....
  10. BillLaimbeer

There is a 60% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday in Chicago. That gives you a 40% chance of winning ERA and WHIP versus Drath.
  11. Nemo

Sounds like you have NO faith in my boy............:)
    Now he'll have to toss a three hit shutout...........
  12. BillLaimbeer

As long as the Tigers beat him, that's all that really matters. It's more wishful thinking, at this point.
  13. Darth Tater

You and I are kicking my butt. So you got nothing to worry about. That being said, if you weren't playing ME, there WOULD be need for concern. But I'm your safety net.

Why are we talking about our match. There are 5 other much closer and more exciting ones being played. I think I'm about the only one I know that is willing to elaborate on their own arse whooping.
  14. BillLaimbeer

I am beating Junior 6-4, but he will probably turn the tables before the weekend is over. He knows these players inside out. I will wait until I play Drath in the playoffs before I get serious.
  15. Nemo

I wonder why others aren't discussing their matches either. Laim finally showed to share minute details about his combatant... I'm hopeful for this week cause I judge my team against yours as a good test for the season.
    I'll probably post less against others, unless my opponents show up to comment. With you........win or lose...commenting is just fun...:)
  16. BillLaimbeer

Bezeach likes to talk a lot of smack.
  17. Darth Tater

That is why I begged, pleaded, and groveled to get BDL to join the league. It's all his fault there is no action and no write ups. Where in the hell are Jammer (actually it is better with him keeping his big fat mouth shut) and Thee (probably too busy with his team "The Coalitionites" on another forum). I know the mute never helps. Rascoe...put your work down and say something while the sayings still good (knowing you...your window period of success for your team will be the equivalent of a fruit fly's life cycle). Laimbeer and nemo...it is really cute and admirable to see you two working so hard to try and talk trash, but leave it to the big dogs, OK? Go catch the premiere of the three stooges movie, :stooges: or something.

@Laimbeer. My team is snapping out of their season long slumber. We are peaking at just the right time...just like last season. We will be ready for next week.

@ nemo. Realistically, I think it is possible for me to win 5 categories.

A. Stolen Bases. (I will be shocked if I lose this one)

B. I THINK I can hold on to Saves and Holds. (I better hope I can)

C. ERA and WHIP. ( still a chance there but I'm expecting you to take those).

I still could take some batting categories besides Steals ( but highly improbable. :smow: My guys made their proverbial beds...).

I will lose Wins and strikeouts...it's a numbers thing. You have them this week. I don't).

Sooo..I would be quite satisfied if I "only" lose by a 5-7 score. However, I'm expecting a 3-9 final score. :hail:
  18. Nemo

The best part of your post Darth is that little guy at the end who is bowing to a much more superior person.
    I know you feel that I've been demolishing you, but the week isn't over yet. I still have time to sink. :)

Still think a name change for your team will help...........You really have the blues...
  19. Darth Tater

Nothing to do with being a superior person...but perhaps a superior team. At least for this week.

No blues I'm having fun with it. It kills time.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

i'm getting blown away !