1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

*FANTASY BASEBALL 2011*

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Darth Tater, Feb 15, 2011.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Jammer actually made a good point (yes, I said it). It is confusing to know who is the manager of each team. After talking with the commissioner, we agreed that it would be helpful if each manager renamed his/her team to identify the manager (Rascoe's Mariners, Darth Phillies, Jammer Blue Jays, etc.).

It only takes a second. Just click on MY TEAM, then EDIT TEAM SETTINGS.

Thanks.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Thanks, Bill. Done.

Subliminal:
    WHAT???

You never ran this by me you Sasson Frasson**&&^^%%$$##@@**&&^^%%$$!!!!!

[​IMG]

OK, you did run it by me, but that doesn't change anything, you're still a Sasson Frasson **&&^^%%$$##@@**&&^^%%$$!!!!! (even if it is a pretty good idea).

3. BillLaimbeer

Oops. My mistake. I meant 7 home runs for Pujols...

4. Darth Tater

[​IMG]

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]

6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey Tater,

You'd better trade me Bautista quick before he cools off. You don't want to get stuck with an untradeable anchor once he bottoms out.

The only reason I'd even consider taking him off your hands is because he's a Blue Jay. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

You're welcome.

7. Darth Tater

@ Jammer: Yeah, Bautista is something else (even though he is a Blue Jay). Amazing that I was lucky enough to get him in the 5th round. Most people, "experts" included, doubted he was for real before the season. I'm excited to see if he can keep it up (insert Rascoe joke here). I'm still waiting for the steroid scandal to hit the news. :MusicBigGrin:

@ Billiam:
    Am I sorry I passed on Pujols with the 1st pick? Absolutely not.
    Am I sorry I picked Joey Votto with the 1st pick? Absolutely not.
    Am I sorry I didn't pick Ryan Braun with the 1st pick? I think so.

I've always really liked Ryan Braun. He was my choice if I had picked later and Votto had been gone when my pick came up in the draft. I just thought Braun wouldn't be quite as good as he has been.

One person hasn't been setting their lineup for at least a couple of weeks in this young season if not longer. I know sometimes there are very good reasons but I sent a reminder. I probably should have waited a bit since I play them soon.:pound:

Are you guys going to change your team names? I'll give it a couple more days. Either way is cool with me, but I hope it doesn't end up half and half. :(

The league looks really competitive (insert Jammer joke here). If you have any complaints or suggestions, please send them to Bill Laimbeer.
    (1) I don't care and won't do anything about your stupid complaints and suggestions.
    (2) Laimbeer doesn't care either and won't do anything about your stupid complaints or suggestions, but he will write you a really evil and inflammatory letter which will discourage you from complaining ever again about our league.

Speaking of Laimbeer, we've been playing for a whole 3 weeks. Are you as embarrassed as I am that he is still in the playoff hunt?

Have a nice day.

Signed your Commissioner (from HELL).

:hoops:

8. BillLaimbeer

A really obsessed fantasy manager would be studying the weather maps today, trying to decide who to bench based on which games might get cancelled due to rain.

9. Darth Tater

BRB...

10. jammertime

I was about to go check my lineup and then I remembered that I [STRIKE]had a bye week[/STRIKE] was playing Tater this week and didn't bother.

11. Darth Tater

Playing Jammer's team is always very entertaining:

YouTube - Funny baseball bloopers

12. Darth Tater

@ Bill Laimbeer. When you find out...

Don't say it Lame-o. Don't even think about it! Do you hear me? Don't even think about saying it and poking fun at me! It is too easy. Don't you do it!! Remember Karma!!!!

:pound::tinfoil3::suspiciou:help::help::help::smiley-poker::help::help::help::makmiday::nono::ranger::der::der::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help::pound:

13. Darth Tater

@ Jammer

Are you SURE you have no interest in Ben Zobrist in a past trade with me?

He got 8 RBI's for you against me tonight, are you kidding me??? :pound:

Wait...I just checked. It was a doubleheader, I guess. Early in 2nd game. 2 homers and 10 RBI's. WOW!!! The 2nd game is early. Are we looking at some kind of record?

14. jammertime

I'll trade him back to you for Bautista.

15. BillLaimbeer

Darth, if it makes you feel better, I picked up DiceK last night, he got injured 10 minutes later, and then I dropped him.

16. Darth Tater

Well, you couldn't do anything about the injury part. Just terrible luck. But Dice K?? You are probably lucky you can't put him in your lineup.

17. BillLaimbeer

In my other fantasy league, the pitching stats include "quality starts" and "save/holds".

With quality starts, your pitcher is getting credit for a job well done (3ER or less in 6+ innings) irregardless of his team's offense on that particular day.

With the save/hold combination, you actually give some real value to the setup guys...as much as the closers, in fact.

It's something to think about for the commissioner next year....because I know how much he values the input of his members.

18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Sorry I just saw this. I like to know who I'm playing and I got all confused playing the Reds and this week I'm playing the Red Sox and so I like having our names identify what team we own so I changed mine. Which means it's going to end up with Bill and me doing ownership franchise names, everyone else NOT and I don't know what the Keenewawaw franchise is all about, but I don't think it's in the Major Leagues. So why don't you guys change your names. Or not. :pound:The Commish is not smiling down upon Aurora's Cardinals right now. :)

Basically, I'm with Bill on this one. (Sorry, Darthie). Change your names.

19. Darth Tater

I do support Bill. If it makes the league more enjoyable for people, I'm all for it.

In fact I had changed my team name about a week ago right after Bill suggested it in a private message. I left it as "Darth's Phillies" for a few days, but nobody other than Bill, Jammer, and I had changed our names at the time. Bill can't even convince his own kid to change his team name (probably doesn't want to be associated with Bill). :pound:So it looked like it was going to be 50/50 or 60/40 at best either way.

I thought I had sent you a text message mentioning Bill's idea? Well, you had much more important matters to attend to that weekend so if I did, it probably got lost in the shuffle.:)

Anyhow, it doesn't matter to me, really. But either way, I'm hoping everyone does the same thing. I remember when we first started doing these fantasy leagues here. The old forum owner (Rascoe...not sure what happened to him) asked that everyone include something in their team name that would make them easily identifiable. People got away from that real quick.

Trade proposals. Show respect for your fellow owners. This isn't a public league. Nuff said.

Lineups. If you join a league then you have a responsibility to set them. Again this is not a public league. Things happen in the real world that are far more important than fantasy sports and of course those things take precedent. Not even close. Also, sometimes people forget. It happens and is perfectly understandable...and appreciated if you are playing against me. :MusicBigGrin: But when you don't set your lineup for several weeks since week one (despite private messages from me) we have a problem. I hope everything is OK with the hypothetical offender, but I'm going to need to do something about it...soon.

Have a nice day
    :hoops:

Your Commissioner (from HELL)

20. BillLaimbeer

Perhaps the commissioner could set his team name (for more than 5 minutes) to set a good example.....My kid is in DC right now, but I'll make him change his team name when he returns.