Excited for Summer League

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by House Dressing, Jul 9, 2012.

1. House Dressing

House Dressing Bench Warmer

I've got the DVR set, and I can't wait to watch the game when I get home tonight. I know its only Summer League, but I can't help myself. It just feels like this team is building in the right direction.

Side question: How big if an indictment of Austin Daye's progress as a NBA professional is it that he is still playing in the Summer League going into his 4th season?
  2. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm excited too, got all my games on record yesterday.
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Huge.
    I'm 100% convinced that he should be traded and I'm not sure that the stigma of being a 4th year Summer Leaguer is good for his trade value. I also don't want to see him taking time away from the other young SFs that we have.

...at this point it might simply be an issue of getting a 2nd round pick in the high-40's rather than the high 50's for him.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I just forked out $5 for a month of NBA TV to be able to watch the SL. Now that's a HARDCORE fan!
  5. Mogilny

Ken, Dre, Knight, Singo, V-Mack - This may be my favourite Summer League team ever. And even Daye excels at what he does best - being the worst player on the roster.

And check out what a year in Europe did to Singo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Spoiler alert....watching live right now...the Jazz at one point had a 21-0 run midway through the second quarter before Caspar Ware put in a running layup. Just to be clear ..our so called second unit was in during this run....as the Pistons fell down by 14 (30-16)

As soon as Drummond, Singler, Knight & Day returned, the Pistons closed the qtr on a 9-4 run

Drummond looked like Big Ben out there for a second as he missed a FT ....I mean he missed the bucket and the backboard on a FT attempt...off to the left..:cheeky-smiley-012:

and Daye looked like his old self with two turnovers to end the half.

Kim English has looked good though..

No more comments or spoilers from me...I will let those who are taping look at it when you get home.
  7. Mogilny

Sunshine and Ken looks great so far. Dre has really good hands and looks great on defense. He's the worst FT-shooter I've seen though.

If people read the Summer League thread it's their own fault if they stumble upon spoilers.
    coynejeremy likes this.
  8. Mogilny

Huge win.

Reflections:

BK - Started off aggressively but missed alot of shots and looked pretty raw. Played better in the second half but I wouldn't call it a good game.

Ken - Splits the game ball with Sunshine. Looked confident out there both on offense and defense. Nice looking stroke.

Singler - Splits the game ball with Kenny. Showed offensive versatility and played with alot of energy. Just like Ken, his game looked mature. High BB-IQ.

Daye - Simply terrible in the first half. Raised his game to mediocre in the second half. And he turned down shots like he does it for a living. Oh wait...

Dre - Hits turnaround jumpers like Dirk and airballs freethrows like noone has done before. His defense looked great and I was very impressed by his hands.

V-Mack - Had a poor game. Grabbed a couple of nice rebounds and played with energy but boy did he suck on offense.

Middleton - Invisible.

The others - Sucked.
    LA Dre likes this.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Those two missed dunks by V-Mack looked bad...he may have to go the two hand method.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'd recommend to Drummond that he starts banking FTs. For some big men, the FT is way too touchy. Banking would allow him to shoot it firmer, aim at a spot on the glass, and not worry about the embarrassment of a potential airball. And of course, the rebounds will be more available for us on his misses. He's coordinated enough to get to 50% within a year I would hope.
  11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond's FT technique is pretty off. It's like his legs and upper body both know what to do, but they don't do it at the same time. The result is that his legs spring as his arms are still going up, and they have to snap his upper body back a little bit, like a bungee cord. I'm sure it throws his whole shot off; it's really kind of amazing that he makes as many as he does.
  12. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I'm proud of you. Sites like Wiziwig where you can find it easily and quickly for free online are very tempting, but the NBA needs that $5.
    coynejeremy likes this.