Ewwwwww

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by DaviaG-Rap, Oct 3, 2005.

1. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

Just looking at the Pistons media day photos and noticed that the Pistons secondary logo "the P" is on their shorts. From a far it looks way too much like the Pacers logo- I gagged a bit when I saw it.

Sheed does indeed look to be in decent shape. He doesn't have the flabby arms like last year.

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I like the new center court logo, but the logo on the shorts suck they introduced the logos maybe 1-2 months ago.

3. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I don't know why they didn't leave the horse head on the shorts. I liked the fire coming from those exhaust pipes. Pistons Power!!!!:eyebrows:

4. DaviaG-Rap

DaviaG-Rap First Round Draft Pick

huh?

There are no exhuast pipes in the horse head logo. It's simpy a horse's head protruding from a ball with flames as a mane. The horse head was the last remaining symbol from the dreaded teal years, and I guess they felt it was time for a change. I thought it was one of the best looking and more creative logos, but many people didn't get it. The "P" while cool in it's own way, seems out of place.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The P also has a D in it for Detroit Pistons according to the article about the new logos, and the center court logo was supposed to be a mix of the badboys, and the badboys2 (the team we have now) logos.

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I like the P, and I hate the horsey. You have no idea how much money it cost to get a red-white-blue Grant Hill jersey in Western Canada back during the teal era.

It's too bad the Pistons never found a way to incorporate a "piston" into the logos.

This site has some nice info and I used it to get the latest logos for the calendar events.

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?l_id=6&t_id=223

7. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

logos

Personally, I prefer the 2002-2005 logos to the current one. I do like the fact that the new one is an amalgamation of the past and present, but I'm still partial to the 2002-2005's, both the primary and the alternates.

The new alternate is very boring.