Etan Thomas: The Dawn Of A New Era

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Dec 21, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

» Etan Thomas: The Dawn Of A New Era - SLAM Online

2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Interesting article. He certainly seems like a sharp guy. But did he really have to throw in that silly poem at the end? :blah: :laugh:
  3. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

D4e, I like the poem. The publication is SLAM, so it's not like a newspaper article or something. Besides it shows he is smart, political and creative. Plus, he's on my Novice Fantasy team!
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I am not sure I agree with his comment regarding the writers on this subject. Writers, driven by their editors and publishers in many cases, have an agenda and they will write to that agenda.

So what we read in the papers, on the web or hear in the media by sports writers is rarely straight forward objective reporting. It is agenda driven in order to maximize the bottom line of the company that they work for.

Like with the NY/Denver fight. In my opinion the agenda by the media was to draw attention away from CA's dastardly dead, and the best way for them to do that was find a scape goat. Zeke was perfect given his general public image, how the national media has blasted him for the last 30+ years and what he told CA.

CA is one of Stern's 3 poster children with Wade and James being the other two. This is also one reason that basically all the media has been hyping the AI trade. It sells tickets, copy, souveniers (sic) etc.

Other than his comment about sports writers I think that Thomas did make a lot of good points in his article.

:stirthepot:
  5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

nice article but can he get healthy again please? :)
  6. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

Etan Thomas is an amazing person. He gave a speech in Wash DC at a war protest last year and he was very eloquent. If he is active in the players union perhaps he can rein in David Stern and stop the league from trying to railroad the players.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

This is, without a doubt, quite possibly the greatest blog post I have ever read. It is pure genius.

From Wizznutz, couretsy of Truehoop.

THE WIZZNUTZZ

Etan talking about a referee that dissed him...

One of Wizznutz's responses